Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Go down

Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by wheelaa on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:02 pm

http://sealedgame.heavenforum.org/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=527

A few weeks back I replied to this thread

http://sealedgame.heavenforum.org/buying-and-selling-sealed-f22/goldeneye-007-nintendo-64-original-pal-version-t988.htm?highlight=goldeneye

The author of the thread gave me the email address of the person who was selling it, as it wasn't coming from the thread's author.

I got in touch with the seller, as I have since found out did jd-83.

The seller offered it for 150 which I accepted. The seller then later replied

"Ok, where do you live and how would payment be made? I have someone else interested from America for the same price but sending to UK is much easier".

I think nothing of this other than suspicion. I'm always suspicious of 'other interested parties' as a means by which sellers look to boost their price. I replied to this with my details as requested (without raising my offer). The seller then gets back to me and says its mine!

Happy days, I love GE.

Then yesterday jd-83 pms me saying I've stolen his deal, his game etc. To be fair to him he does start off by asking if I knew the seller had already agreed a deal with him. (Which I did not)

But then 2 sentences later he's says the following...

"I come to hear just now that you bought the game out from under me. I don't know what to say other than I feel cheated somehow. I guess it's not really your fault, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Suddenly I'm cheating him? He didn't know at that start of his pm what I knew, what the seller had said to me. Then suddenly I'm screwing him over? Its not REALLY my fault! lol! lol! lol!

Its not my fault whatsoever. I contact a chap in good faith and end up with a game. I did not know a deal had already been agreed! Although given what the seller said above I'm not sure if a deal was ever agreed with jd-83. "I have someone else interested for the same price" is hardly a confirmed deal in my eyes. And that is in addition to the fact I thought it was seller BS at the time anyway!

Now I can understand frustration at losing out on a deal. But to go round accusing others of stealing it is BS of the highest order imo. Especially when the facts were not known!

Its clear to me the seller was contacted by us both. He may or may not have agreed a deal with jd, I don't know and I've seen no evidence from jd to confirm this. The seller decided to sell to me, presumably for the reason he states about it being easier to ship to the UK. And suddenly I'm getting shit over it for doing nothing wrong.

I would never knowingly crap on another man's deal. I would never assume the worst of another person without knowing the facts.

I've been accused of the former, and subjected to the latter.

Just because the seller dicked jd around, it does not give him the right to accuse me of shady behaviour without knowing the facts. Especially in a situation where I have not acted inappropriately whatsoever!

jd is off the Christmas card list lol!


Last edited by wheelaa on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

wheelaa
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 117
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by rarebucky on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:19 pm

I might be off-base in saying this, but I really don't think this situation is grounds for banning someone. He has every right to be a little pissed (as it's happened to me before as well and I was none too happy about it), but I do agree his message to you was not called for. In my opinion it's his fault for not going after the game hard enough if he wanted it that badly. I thought jd only collected NTSC games anyway? In any case, you guys need to work it out privately. I really don't think this situation is that big of a deal. As I said before, it's happened to me many times. You move on...

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Feedback: : positive: 11 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by wheelaa on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Fair enough.

I'm not disputing this doesn't happen often. You don't just have to watch out for scammers/thiefs, but also the more general shady/not quite honest sellers.

But I do object to baseless accusations against me and assumptions about me.

But you're right, no need for a ban request really, I'll amend the thread somewhat to morph it into one about my general displeasure with the member.

And I'll readily admit I got a little playground in a couple of my replies to jd.
But then again, you call me, or imply I'm a dishonest person, and its fair game imo. That makes you (the person doing the calling) a ****!

wheelaa
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 117
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by Dark Sol on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:37 pm

hey bro. I really see nothing but pure misunderstanding here. This can be worked out without bans i guess.
avatar
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 35
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by wheelaa on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Hence the thread change as I've calmed down.

Its just his assumptions without knowing the facts that wound me up so.

Also, when I mentioned shady/not quite honest sellers in post 2 I wasn't implying the GE seller was such. I found him a very pleasant person to deal with, friendly etc. I suspect the 'deal' jd feels was agreed with him was not actually agreed, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

wheelaa
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 117
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by Pascal on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:06 pm

I think both should send some PM's out to each other and I think both can clear the whole situation...
loosing a game deal is like loosing a tennis match ... so shake hands and play a fair game in the next round Wink !
avatar
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Age : 34
Feedback: : positive: 2 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-07-29

View user profile http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by wheelaa on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:26 pm

Well it has been sorted by pms. He pm'ed me, I replied saying I had no idea etc and insulted him for his slurs against me. He insulted me back, I replied in kind, all very playground I admit. As far as I am concerned that is finished with and I expect no more pms from him.

But that isn't the point I'm making.

Given his attitude I couldn't care less if he lost out on a deal. Not my fault, not my dishonesty, not my concern and not my point in this thread. I did nothing wrong but still received a whiney pm loaded with baseless assumptions and accusations from a bitter fool crying over a lost game. Take that up with the seller, not me, and don't dare to fucking assume shit like a whinging little bitch without knowing the facts.

There's no 'fair game in the next round' as I haven't played an unfair game in the previous round!

Why should I get crap from someone when the issue is with the seller? (if indeed there is an issue..as I've stated I don't know now (and didn't know then) that a deal was done. All I have is jd's word on that)

wheelaa
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 117
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by Pascal on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:48 pm

wheelaa wrote:
There's no 'fair game in the next round' as I haven't played an unfair game in the previous round!
hehe Smile , I was sure that someone would write something like that.
But what I am trying to say is that I can understand both situations and the whole situation isn't a big thing.
I am sure you and jd are not going to be the best friends in the future but I think it isn't worth talking about it.
You and jd have different opinions ... okay ... I think you and jd are old enough to clear that situation without any insults ...
avatar
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Age : 34
Feedback: : positive: 2 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-07-29

View user profile http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by wheelaa on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:57 pm

But again you miss the point.

If he'd pm'ed saying he thinks he's been screwed out of a deal by a seller then I would have been all sympathy and explained my side of the story, albeit there was nothing to explain.

And he did that. But 2 lines later is then accusing me of screwing him over without any proof whatsoever! Not how to behave I'm afraid. I find it disgusting tbfh.

Its not about different opinions, its about how to treat people. That might not be a 'big thing' for you, but it is for me. Especially when someone fires baseless accusations my way.

As for the insults, well I admit I'm not man enough to back down, far too stubborn. If someone as good as calls me a **** for no reason they get it back with interest.

Crying over a lost game, get a grip man! Get your facts correct before accusing honest people of dishonest actions!

wheelaa
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 117
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by jd-83 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:47 pm

Wheelaa,

I never meant to accuse you of anything. I didn't mean to say that you cheated me or anything like you are making it out to sound. It is true that I said these exact words:

jd-83 wrote:I come to hear just now that you bought the game out from under me.

Ok, so, you bought the game out from under me. Isn't that what happened? I'm not accusing you of knowing anything here, I'm just stating the fact.

jd-83 wrote:I don't know what to say other than I feel cheated somehow.

I think you are assuming I was saying that you cheated me, when in reality I meant that I felt cheated by the seller.

jd-83 wrote:I guess it's not really your fault, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Ok, so, my frustration was misguided. I admit that. This is just me saying that I don't really know why I was writing this PM, but i just needed to vent about it a little. So, "I guess it's not really your fault" (i.e. I know it's really the seller I'm upset with, "and there's nothing [I can expect] you to do about it").

***

So you responded to my PM. I was sorry to hear that you read I was accusing you about the whole ordeal, and was about to send an apology with clarification that it was never my intention to blame you. Well, that was prior to your closing statement:

wheelaa wrote:I suppose I wouldn't be a steadfast Brit if i didn't call you a CUNT! So...CUNT!

which, as you well know, I did not respond kindly to. But, whatever. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sorry for accusing you of anything. I really didn't mean it.

***

wheelaa wrote:He may or may not have agreed a deal with jd, I don't know and I've seen no evidence from jd to confirm this.

For the record, this is the last thing the seller said to me (26 May):

Seller wrote:Hi,

Yes i would take 150, i can send to America for $30? This will be sent in a box with loads of packaging so that the item arrives perfect! I'll also sent with insurance!

Paypal would be perfect for payment also. I can give you my paypal address if thats ok from Ebay as it's not this one.

Thanks

Paul

And I replied (26 May):

jd-83 wrote:Hello,

Sounds good! Please give me your Paypal address that you want me to send the money to, and the total amount in either GBP or USD and I will send the money.

Thanks,
JD

I never heard from him again.

jd-83
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 58
Feedback: : positive: 1 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2008-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by Startyde on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Some serious junior high going on here.
avatar
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Age : 38
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-28

View user profile http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by striker on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:47 pm

wheela you're the one that is in the wrong here. Getting so bent out of shape and you already won the deal? And it's quite clear that you DID take the deal from behind jd's back, intentionally or NOT. Just like you say you didn't know the seller had another deal neither did JD. So what gives you the right to post back so harshly?

Honestly, I've just read jd's post, there is nothing offensive or abrasive about it! And to PM him back calling him a cunt? There wasn't a single curse word in his original PM. As far as I'm concerned you started this. No

Honestly, collectors are soooo cut-throat. I truly feel that some of the people here would outbid me if I was buying a game too cheap just based on the principle that they feel like I should not get a deal! It's a little off topic I know, but seriously, why can't we help each other out? Sealed game collectors get enough grief from everyone else and yet here we are fighting amongst ourselves? Come on.
avatar
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Feedback: : positive: 2 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2008-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by Pascal on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:59 pm

okay guys before everyone post his comment to this dispute I close this thread.
If wheelaa or jd want any consequences for the other one than please send me all pm messages and a final statement ...
I will read all that stuff during the next weekend and decide what to do ...

OR you give it another try and use the pm feature to clear this dispute ^^ ...
avatar
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Age : 34
Feedback: : positive: 2 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-07-29

View user profile http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Extreme displeasure with jd-83's attitude.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum