G-P Selling on eBay?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Re: G-P Selling on eBay?

Post by bballno1 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:19 pm

gemini are you selling the one on ebay at the moment?? just that when i clicked on one of the pics for a closer look there is the link 'visit GeminiPhoenix's profile!' ? or has the seller somehow stolen your pics?
bballno1
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:25 pm

bballno1 wrote:gemini are you selling the one on ebay at the moment?? just that when i clicked on one of the pics for a closer look there is the link 'visit GeminiPhoenix's profile!' ? or has the seller somehow stolen your pics?

(((((( Before your read this look at Part 1 of the story : http://sealedgame.heavenforum.org/what-s-it-worth-sealed-only-f20/kirby-s-dream-course-snes-uk-pal-t1762.htm#15801 ))))))

all the games that person is selling are the same games that were in g-ps trade bin ... lol!

Last edited by happyheed on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2007-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 pm

happyheed wrote:
bballno1 wrote:gemini are you selling the one on ebay at the moment?? just that when i clicked on one of the pics for a closer look there is the link 'visit GeminiPhoenix's profile!' ? or has the seller somehow stolen your pics?

all the games that person is selling are the same games that were in g-ps trade bin ... lol!

ok i see , no wonder g-p gave such a great sales pitch lol!
bballno1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:41 pm

i know , im shocked he would do such a thing , especially with his high moral standards Mad
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:47 pm

what r u talkin about? he's not even registered on ebay anymore. Or maybe his nickname changed?
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/Gemini-Phoenix
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:13 pm

g-p = http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/xynthymr/ + http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/black-market-games

i thought everyone knew g-p was black-market-games ???

thats what were on about geek lol!
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:22 pm

wow, nice one! laugh

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kirbydreamcoursefrontsua3.jpg

"Visit GeminiPhoenix's Profile!"

Q: Hello! A very nice rare you have there! A very nice example if I may say so, and great to see sealed, even with minor damage! It's not often a SNES game like this comes along in this condition Nov-19-08
A: Thanks you very much! And very astute of you to point that out, I consider it a compliment! Thanks for your interest!

(you obviously forgot the "are we expecting too much" line in that buyer's question)

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:28 pm

G-P OWNED! :rofl:

yobo
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 710
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:39 pm

Very good detective work boys! And I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids... (Hmm, cliche!) - Nothing sinister is going on though, I can assure you of that. The games for sale are genuinely for sale, along with a few things I am selling for a friend of mine, hence why I am using a different username to sell.

I wondered how long it would take you guys to notice. It was touch and go there for a while, I even had to wave this thread under your noses in order for you to pay attention. I had thought it would've been obvious from the start with the items for sale, but Happyheed was the first to make the link between what was on offer and what I had in my trade bin. Bballno1 discovered the obvious (Albeit deliberate) mistake I made with the ImageShack account. I was already aware of it though, which is why I was surprised no-one mentioned it sooner! I do have a separate account for eBay, but couldn't access it for some reason at the time I listed the items

It has been fun watching the mystery unfold though! I thought DS had realised on day one when he spotted the Kirby auction. I've actually learnt a lot in the last week, more than you could imagine! I know who's who and who knows what, and just goes to show how much some people actually take notice of minor details... I also know how far some people are willing to go in order to end an auction early...

No harm in having a little fun along the way hey! Kudos to you guys! top !

PS. You'd be surprised to know just how deep the rabbit-hole really goes... Wink

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2007-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:42 pm

hehe.. And what's with a name of Gemini-Phoenix on ebay? looks like it's unregistered.
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:45 pm

Dark Sol wrote:hehe.. And what's with a name of Gemini-Phoenix on ebay? looks like it's unregistered.

Unfortunately, not mine. I wish it was. Same as the YouTube account and MySpace account with that name are also not mine. Likewise, the company called "Gemini Phoenix" (http://www.geminiphoenix.com/) is also nothing to do with me

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini-Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:46 pm

i see. you edited your profile Smile
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:48 pm

Dark Sol wrote:i see. you edited your profile Smile

A deliberate red-herring

I've known about that eBay user for some time, and was gutted when I couldn't register with it. Same for MySpace and YouTube, which I also discovered when trying to register with both sites

I've been playing a lot of Professor Layton & The Curious Village lately. Lol! Smile

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gemini-Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:50 pm

lol!
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:55 pm

If anyone does have any questions about the items for sale, feel free to ask. I'm not trying to deceive anyone in case that's what anyone thinks
Gemini-Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm

Its all good. I think we all enjoy playing Scooby Doo sometimes!

yobo

Number of posts : 710
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:00 pm

It was a bit of fun, nothing more. I was half tempted to list my entire collection for a laugh and see how long it would take everybody to notice! Lol. I was also on the fence about coming out too, but thought a gentle nudge in the right direction couldn't hurt, seeing as no-one had spotted the obvious tell-tale signs...
Gemini-Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:03 pm

a few of us knew straight away (as soon as you listed the games ) that it was you selling the games . we just went along with it Very Happy
the simple reason is you bought the game from snestbits a while back and the exact same game with the same damage and same tear strip appears back on ebay . doesnt take a detective to work that one out Wink
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:13 pm

lol yes reading that back i do feel like ive just watched the end of a scooby do episode Very Happy no harm done though, well played clap
bballno1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:18 pm

happyheed wrote:the simple reason is you bought the game from snestbits a while back and the exact same game with the same damage and same tear strip appears back on ebay . doesnt take a detective to work that one out Wink

Hmm, I did not realise that the old auction was still actively viewable though, otherwise I would've waited a while longer. It's been kicking around gathering dust for a while though, and I need the cash to fund my X360 CE collection and Dvd Steelbook's, so thought it was expendable along with a few other trinkets I had spare.

Snesbits didn't really go into too much detail in regards to the extent of the damage to Kirby in his auction though. I only bought it on the off-chance that it wasn't too bad, which it isn't really upon close inspection, but I though someone else might benefit from it more than me as i'm not really a SNES collector (I only bought F Zero and Pilotwings as they form parts of sub-collection's).
Gemini-Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:22 pm

bballno1 wrote:lol yes reading that back i do feel like ive just watched the end of a scooby do episode Very Happy no harm done though, well played clap

I think of it more as "Viral marketing". Although not as elaborate as Halo 2's 'I Love Bees' campaign, I think it went quite well, and was a little more interesting than just creating a thread and pimping my auctions Wink
Gemini-Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Gemini-Phoenix wrote:
happyheed wrote:the simple reason is you bought the game from snestbits a while back and the exact same game with the same damage and same tear strip appears back on ebay . doesnt take a detective to work that one out Wink

Hmm, I did not realise that the old auction was still actively viewable though, otherwise I would've waited a while longer. It's been kicking around gathering dust for a while though, and I need the cash to fund my X360 CE collection and Dvd Steelbook's, so thought it was expendable along with a few other trinkets I had spare.

Snesbits didn't really go into too much detail in regards to the extent of the damage to Kirby in his auction though. I only bought it on the off-chance that it wasn't too bad, which it isn't really upon close inspection, but I though someone else might benefit from it more than me as i'm not really a SNES collector (I only bought F Zero and Pilotwings as they form parts of sub-collection's).

you can still view the item via his (snesbits) feedback profile ... you also bought tetris attack snes at the same time Wink
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:36 pm

happyheed wrote:you can still view the item via his (snesbits) feedback profile ... you also bought tetris attack snes at the same time Wink

Thanks, my own personal eBay stalker! I had forgotten about that one! tetris is another sub-collection of mine
Gemini-Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Gemini-Phoenix wrote:
happyheed wrote:you can still view the item via his (snesbits) feedback profile ... you also bought tetris attack snes at the same time Wink

Thanks, my own personal eBay stalker! I had forgotten about that one! tetris is another sub-collection of mine

its not personal , i stalk everyone Suspect
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:49 pm

lol ive just remembered I messaged you (although I was unaware it was you at the time) asking if you had any other sealed games for sale and if you would sell a couple of your n64 ones.

and you had replied asking if i was 'some kind of collector or something?' as if you didnt know who was asking the question and if i knew 'anything about how rare Nintendo games are in this condition?' . ha you really were determined not to give yourself away werent you? Smile
bballno1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next