Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ...

+16
striker
Kickz
Dark Sol
pooch
Ostro
MikeHaggar
Achilles420
ascensionofthewatchers
Super Laydock
DJ Villa
KennyB
densha
DesManX
Gemini-Phoenix
Pascal
Sammelhammel
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ... Empty suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ...

Post by Sammelhammel Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:39 pm

If you have any suggestions or wanna tell us what you like and what you dislike...here is your topic.

The page is optimized for IE 7 or higher and Firefox.

Cheers and have fun

Hardy
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Number of posts : 543
Country : suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ... Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Back to top Go down

suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ... Empty Re: suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ...

Post by Sammelhammel Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:04 pm

nice header Pascal Smile

Great job.

y-folded Very Happy Very Happy
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Country : suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ... Flag_germany

Back to top Go down

suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ... Empty Re: suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ...

Post by Pascal Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:05 pm

thanks hardy Wink
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammelhammel Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:44 pm

come on...who is posting the 1000th comment on the forum???????????????

Ups...it was me Very Happy
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammelhammel Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:56 pm

just wanna say that the topics "Sony", "Nintendo", "Sega" and "Microsoft" (with all the selaed guides which are coming soon) and the "what it's worth" guide are now ONLY open for members of sealedgameheaven.com

The collections can be seen by anybody (also the guests)
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:08 pm

I have noticed a lot of Guests viewing the site, so that's good to see that they have to register to see everything.

I like the new header as well! Still not too keen on the orange colouring of the forums though, but I suppose that's Pascal's prerogative. Wink

I also noticed the addition of the little camera symbol in the collection area's which denote whether or not a collection has pictures ~ Is this an option only available to you Admin's? Or does the system automatically detect picture tags in a thread?
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ... Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:13 pm

you can now choice this icon if you open a new thread. the standard option is default but wenn you creat a collection thread with pictures you can add this thread icon (every member can do this) ...

of course you can creat a thread without this symbol and add this icon later. You only must click on "edit" button on the first post of a thread . Than you can change the icon from default to pictures and back every time (every member can do this too) ...

the mods and admins check if there are really pictures in the thread Smile
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:27 am

Pascal wrote:you can now choice this icon if you open a new thread. the standard option is default but wenn you creat a collection thread with pictures you can add this thread icon (every member can do this) ...

of course you can creat a thread without this symbol and add this icon later. You only must click on "edit" button on the first post of a thread . Than you can change the icon from default to pictures and back every time (every member can do this too) ...

the mods and admins check if there are really pictures in the thread Smile

How does one do this? As both a user and moderator, I still can't fnd the option to add the icon to a thread. Where should I be looking? I tried clicking on the first post in the thread, but can't see an option. Also didn't see one when making a new thread
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Country : suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ... Flag_e10

Back to top Go down

Post by DesManX Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:51 am

I cant find this option too. :scratch:

Here is a picture with the editor that i can see if i provide a new topic.

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/69/3837369/1280_3939326664366266.jpg
DesManX
DesManX
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-07-30

http://www.gamers-spirit.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:07 pm

DesManX wrote:I cant find this option too. :scratch:

Here is a picture with the editor that i can see if i provide a new topic.

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/69/3837369/1280_3939326664366266.jpg

That's what I see. I even tried clicking the "A/A" button to change from PHPBB to Invision style, but still no option. Same goes for if I try it in a forum which I am moderator of, I still can't see this option.
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:35 pm

sorry i maybe use the wrong option. Now i should work fine ...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ... Empty Stylish new look to the site!

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:44 am

I'd just like to thank Pascal for his hard work lately. The site looks amazing, and I totally love the whole new stylish look! It's a lot easier on the eyes than the previous orange, and looks a lot more professional! The site hasn't been running long, but in the few months it has been, it has gradually gotten better, with minor changes happening all the time! So again, thank you Pascal for supplying us with this great site in the first place, and also thank you for constantly making it better!

I would also like to apologise for my lack of input lately, as I have been busy working and also hunting for a new house with mroe space to home my ever growing collection! It's been very stressful lately, and i've had to put my SGH projects on hold at the moment whilst I focus on more important things. I promise that after things are sorted you can expect an influx of collection threads and official SGH guides for many consoles! I will try and add little bits from time to time, but pictures will have to wait as I have had to box my game collection up safely ready for transporting. Smile
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by densha Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:48 am

I agree, it's probally the best designed page and the best project I've been on.

I got something to confess Gemini, I've been stalking your ebay page for the last 2 years, and even have your page where you leave people feedback bookmarked, as you describe your items. It's been great looking at all the sealed gems you've bought over the years.

Back in 2004, you sent me some pics of your collection, as i requested them. It must be 10 times the size now!. It was the best sealed game collection i had seen even back then!

cheers
densha
densha

Number of posts : 108
Country : suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ... Flag_u10
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:53 am

thank you guys ...

There are always things that must be finished and I also got some new ideas. So back to work now Smile ...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:02 pm

Pascal wrote:thank you guys ...

There are always things that must be finished and I also got some new ideas. So back to work now Smile ...

I look forward to seeing what lies ahead, Pascal. I would personally like to see a bit more "Sealed" elements incorporated into the whole SGH look, as you did with the banner. (I don't know what ideas you have, or what is possible) ~ But kudos for what you have done so far! I notice something new almost everytime I visit!

densha wrote:I agree, it's probally the best designed forum I've been on.

I got something to confess Gemini, I've been stalking your ebay page for the last 2 years, and even have your page where you leave people feedback bookmarked, as you describe your items. It's been great looking at all the sealed gems you've bought over the years.

Back in 2004, you sent me some pics of your collection, as i requested them. It must be 10 times the size now!. It was the best sealed game collection i had seen even back then!

cheers

Well, all I can say is my eBay "ME" page hasn't been updated since May 2006, so it is well overdue a make-over! I intend on putting a link to SGH right at the top for starters!

2004 you say? Wow, that really is a long time ago! I can definitely tell you it has moved on since those times! I have just celebrated reaching the 1,000 games mark! (Feel free to check out my IGN page too!) ~ Back then, I believe I was only just starting to collect seriously, and my sealed Dreamcast collection was very small back then! In fact, in 2004 that was when I had just gotten my PC and permanent internet access! That certainly is a long time to be "Stalking" someone! Lol. Amazing how small the virtual world is though, and how the same people keep bumping into each other on the same websites! Wink
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammelhammel Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:47 pm

jepp Pascal...looks very good now.
Cheers.
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyB Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:07 pm

The site looks really slick ! Only the difference between the icons of the threads ("New posts" vs. "No new posts") is not big enough IMO.
KennyB
KennyB
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:10 pm

right! I am working on that thing to fix it at the moment Smile
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:24 pm

new icons added!
What do you think?
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Villa Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:59 pm

new icons added!
What do you think?
Much better Pascal cheers , A lot easier on the eyes and they thank you for it.

Does it take you long to change stuff around or are you a computer wizz Very Happy
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:04 pm

I create webpages for over 14 years so it is not a problem at all Wink ...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Villa Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:12 pm

Ah right... super wizz then Very Happy

I had a try once, lets just say... Never Again!!! Crying or Very sad
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

suggestions, page updates, technical page problems and so on ... Empty ambivalence

Post by Super Laydock Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:55 am

Would I be raining on any parade if I told you I preferred the more straightforward, less slick, version?

Yes it looks slick, but maybe a bit wannalookslick-like. I find navigation to be harder on my eyes than with the old style.

That being said itīs only a minor drawback from an otherwise great site. And muchos gracias to Pascal indeed for all his hard work for it. Smile
Super Laydock
Super Laydock
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ascensionofthewatchers Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:57 am

You did a great job on that site!

I like the new style!

Regards,
Toni
ascensionofthewatchers
ascensionofthewatchers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyB Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:50 pm

The icon's are much better. Good work :!:
KennyB
KennyB
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next