Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SGH sealed game grading

+11
striker
wheelaa
fragged3d
dconway321
Dark Sol
gogeta259
happyheed
Forgotten_Freshness
Sammelhammel
Dude_20
Pascal
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SGH sealed game grading Empty SGH sealed game grading

Post by Pascal Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:34 pm

Our SGH grading system is now ONLINE ! Smile

here are the (new) important links:

SGH Grading:
http://www.sealedgameheaven.com
http://grading.sealedgameheaven.com

Forum:
http://sealedgame.heavenforum.org or
http://forum.sealedgameheaven.com

Last edited by Pascal on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Back to top Go down

SGH sealed game grading Empty Re: SGH sealed game grading

Post by Dude_20 Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:16 pm

Nice work there Pascal. Hoping to to utilize this to it's full extent. Is this grading system restricted to a specific region or is it open to all? (PAL, NTSC,etc)
Dude_20
Dude_20
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:30 pm

thanks!
it will be open to all versions!
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:19 pm

online Smile
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammelhammel Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:43 pm

nice pics of the Persona 3 which you added Smile
Talk to you in Skype
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Forgotten_Freshness Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:14 pm

I think this is a great idea. I saw about it over at GameTZ (Sorry I hadnt signed in here in a couple months! I've been very occupied).

Anyway, everyone over there seems to think this is a joke, but I stood up for you. I think it's a great idea as I said and hopefully some day I'll have a handful of games I feel are worthy of having graded. (Hoping to grab me a sealed X68000 Haunted Castle!)

Forgotten_Freshness
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-23

http://www.myspace.com/ffclassicgaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:26 pm

thank you very much!
We put a lot of work into our database and in our whole SGH grading system.
Hope you will find your sealed X68000 Haunted Castle soon and I hope we see some of your sealed gems in our database.
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:03 pm

do you have different sized cases for different games , i.e smaller cases for gameboy games ???
could a game get damaged inside theses cases as they seem quite loose ??
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:13 pm

happyheed wrote:do you have different sized cases for different games , i.e smaller cases for gameboy games ???
yes of course! different sizes!

happyheed wrote:
could a game get damaged inside theses cases as they seem quite loose ??
no
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeta259 Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:46 pm

@Pascal: Why did your games just get so low rating? What was negative? Must I pay 14 EUR per Game?
gogeta259
gogeta259
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:49 am

gogeta259 wrote:@Pascal: Why did your games just get so low rating? What was negative? Must I pay 14 EUR per Game?

i also think your game should have a higher percentage ???
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:21 am

gogeta259 wrote: Why did your games just get so low rating? What was negative?

We have a standard scale system and we really look for the smallest, minor negative points! We do not want to overgrade any game. So you can imagine that a game with 100% is really really really perfect sealed.

gogeta259 wrote:
Must I pay 14 EUR per Game?
thats right! 14 EUR for each game that has a value under $100. and 22 EUR for each game that has a value over $100 .
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Pascal wrote:
gogeta259 wrote: Why did your games just get so low rating? What was negative?

We have a standard scale system and we really look for the smallest, minor negative points! We do not want to overgrade any game. So you can imagine that a game with 100% is really really really perfect sealed.

gogeta259 wrote:
Must I pay 14 EUR per Game?
thats right! 14 EUR for each game that has a value under $100. and 22 EUR for each game that has a value over $100 .
Looking at the graded games i really think you are too picky Smile Of cause sealed games might have many blemishes to inspect but hell.. I guess delving into every detail on a miscroscope level is wrong. These 93 and 87 pecrents can really raise many questions, Like "Why all these games look the same but still get different percents??" I guess you need to be more objective in your grading measures and maintain more accurate and efficient system. Like "50/60/80 percents or something". Smile
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:42 pm

i think you are being too picky as well , what if there was a very smal bump or slight tear ?? would the game only get about 18% ???

thats just my opinion , its your system so you know best ??
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:00 pm

Dark Sol wrote:These 93 and 87 pecrents can really raise many questions, Like "Why all these games look the same but still get different percents??"

right ! That is the reason why I will add any negative point to our database (at the moment they all have the same negative points) ...
So stay tuned and you will understand that it is important to have a very very serious grading scale.

It is very important for me that a game is really really perfect and I have a high standard scale for my own collection.
I think its better to convert this standard scale to our grading system than overgrade every game! The users have to see what minor errors the game have for what they are paying hundred of Euros ! When you do not care about minor errors or something like that than this is no problem at all... you can buy all games that are lower rated ... the collector which are very strictly know that they are only can choice higher ratings!
Of course this way is more work for us but I think it is more satisfied...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dconway321 Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:33 am

happyheed wrote:i think you are being too picky as well , what if there was a very smal bump or slight tear ?? would the game only get about 18% ???

thats just my opinion , its your system so you know best ??

I have to agree, when you buy a game from the shop new - the game then should be classed as 100% - i don't think new games are devoid of small waves in the plastic. I think the games you showed were in mint condition in my eyes, and some of the games in my collection would not get a high percentage on Microscopic Analysis.

dconway321
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by fragged3d Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:46 am

There are a lot of games that are coming from the factory with waves in the plastic seal or little waves on the top and bottom. The most notorious one I have seen lately is God of War 2, I have 4 copies and they are all identical with the waves. I would like to know how many collectors really care about a wave in the plastic seal anyway, if it's sealed then I collect it if there are no defects in the seal like a tear, rip or scratch.
fragged3d
fragged3d
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:40 am

Indeed. You're already grading NEW games. Such a wide scale fo grading can be really ridiculous. With such a "high standard" you can even give 10% off grade for a simple fungerpints on the plastic wrapping. Which is a nonsense. Laughing
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Even a grade with 20 % or less is a good investment ! Why? - a simple answer: our grading system have high standards so every point you get is a point that increase the value of your game! so do not worry about the points your game will get !
Just focus on the grading level that you think is perfect for you ...
When you have low standards that doesn´t mean that everyone have those low standards and we want to serve every sealed collector with our rating system... So like I said just find the right rating level for you ..

@Dark: don't be ironic! I want a serious discussion and things that you believe can be improved...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:31 pm

thanks for clearing all that up . i fully understand your system now and i am very impressed with it . i wish i had loads of spare money so i could send some games but i will need to save Sad
i keep spending all my money on expensive games just now but i will send some soon Very Happy
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Pascal wrote:Even a grade with 20 % or less is a good investment ! Why? - a simple answer: our grading system have high standards so every point you get is a point that increase the value of your game! so do not worry about the points your game will get !
Just focus on the grading level that you think is perfect for you ...
When you have low standards that doesn´t mean that everyone have those low standards and we want to serve every sealed collector with our rating system... So like I said just find the right rating level for you ..

@Dark: don't be ironic! I want a serious discussion and things that you believe can be improved...
hey Pascal i'm not ironic at all. Smile
Well i'll try to summarize my thoughts.
First - "too many aspects" like ... emm.. "only UV light-visible fingerprints" and microscopic level holes are just ridiculous IMHO. Such in-depth details will be very unclear for everyone and will result in strange and random grading percentage fluctuations. You will get numerous emails for sure with questions like "Why my game achieved only 60%?? It's perfect mint!!" or "62%" or 65%? and so on. You MUST have a clear system so that everyone can understand it. You should really turn your "IMHO grading system" to a proffessional and clear-for-everyone system. Right now it looks to me like "Well... this definitely looks better then this one... and this one...I'll give it 92.87% cause it looks so shiny and better then the others!" And i'm not speaking about definite stuff like holes and rips. I'm speaking about very minor blesmishes. Very Happy

I think it must be more simple.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:46 pm

I think what you mean is a general grading problem to be scared that your games are not graded like you want it Wink ...

But like I said we have a very very good standard scale system that includes all important facts!
I think our grading system is very simple. Create your own grading order and you will see that it is a very very simple system!
And of course every graded game will get a detailed page with all explanations about the final grade.
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelaa Sat May 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Questions.

What sort of room for movement do the games have within the graded cases? How do the games sit within the cases, what do they rest on? Is it a uniform sit along the whole base of the game?

I'm hoping you'll say there's no room for movement whatsoever, and that the whole of the bottom edge of the game sits 100% perfectly along a smooth edge. Otherwise there's definite concern for marking the seal in these things! In fact just sending the graded version back could lower the grade due to movement. And with such high standards any mark whatsoever would invalidate the grade. But how would you know without opening it? So are the cases a tight, movement free fit, with a smooth bottom for the whole sealed bottom edge of the game to rest on?

Which actually brings me onto another point...is it actually worth it to send certain items to you in the first place, due to the risk of damage in the post? For example, pce games. It doesn't matter how well you wrap them or whichever way you orientate them in the box, the manuals can move about. Any serious pce collector knows to look out for rucks on the edge (by the side you'd open it where the little plastic fold tabs keep the manual in place). People already run the risk of damage/manual rucks when getting these sealed games sent to them in the first place (often after waiting an age for a perfect copy). Are they then going to send it off for two more trips? What about games where the cds came come out? I send you a sealed discs in place PDS and risk getting back a PDS with loose discs?

Just curious, looking forward to your answers.

wheelaa

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sat May 10, 2008 7:41 pm

wheelaa wrote:
So are the cases a tight, movement free fit, with a smooth bottom for the whole sealed bottom edge of the game to rest on?
thats 100% correct!

wheelaa wrote:
Which actually brings me onto another point...is it actually worth it to send certain items to you in the first place, due to the risk of damage in the post? For example, pce games. It doesn't matter how well you wrap them or whichever way you orientate them in the box, the manuals can move about. Any serious pce collector knows to look out for rucks on the edge (by the side you'd open it where the little plastic fold tabs keep the manual in place). People already run the risk of damage/manual rucks when getting these sealed games sent to them in the first place (often after waiting an age for a perfect copy). Are they then going to send it off for two more trips? What about games where the cds came come out? I send you a sealed discs in place PDS and risk getting back a PDS with loose discs?
Just curious, looking forward to your answers.

Well if you are an experienced sealed collector you know how to pack your games well so the risk of any damage is set to a minimum.
Of course you can not have a risk of 0% in any shipping but if you know what you are doing you can avoid any damage. The manual thing for pce games is a difficult thing thats right!
But its nearly impossible if you pack your games well that you get a sealed game with a loose disc ... bubble wrap, foam, paper and other things are good weapons against loose discs Smile ...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 pm

Question #1: What is to stop you from keeping a very expensive game and never sending it back?

For example, someone sends you sealed mint chrono trigger NTSC.

It would be well worth it to shut down the entire site and keep it forever.

for the price (~770 EUR) that you get, you would need to do about 56 appraisals to make that much money!!!

Of course, I am not suggesting that you guys are criminals, but I want to ask, would YOU send your most precious game away to be graded and not have any way of getting it back IF someone decide to keep it?

Question #2: Why would a grading from you specifically mean anything? Do you guys have some kind of official tiitle or education? What is to stop everyone from buying there own plastic cases, ordering their own holographic stickers, starting their own website and giving themself a grading of 100% for every game they have? Do you have any more credentials than they do? Are you guys any more of an "official game grader" than everyone else?

Again, I'm not saying this to you guys as an insult or to try and make business bad, I am just asking questions to you that ANY serious potential customer would ask themselves before they send their precious items to you for grading.

I think it would do you a world of GOOD if you posted such questions on your FAQ too, along with maybe some kind of proof that this is 100% legit (like a testimonial from a happy customer, or post average prices of games WITH a high grading from you vs. those without).

I wish you the best of luck on your business!
striker
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next