Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rarebucky's Amazing Sealed SNES Collection (US NTSC)

+7
blarky
yobo
Pascal
striker
Startyde
Dark Sol
rarebucky
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

collection with picture(s) Re: Rarebucky's Amazing Sealed SNES Collection (US NTSC)

Post by jd-83 Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:52 pm

Oh wow, an unopened Earthbound. Very nice!

jd-83
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

collection with picture(s) Re: Rarebucky's Amazing Sealed SNES Collection (US NTSC)

Post by yobo Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Nice! How did they grade it? Im guessing they opened it to examine the contents and such, allmost like what you do for systems.

yobo
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 710
Country : Rarebucky's Amazing Sealed SNES Collection (US NTSC) - Page 3 Flag_usa
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Exactly. I obviously opened it once to make sure it looked new myself (with gloves of course Smile) and then sent it in. They look at every single there to make sure it is all unused and factory new.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:05 pm

If you insert it in console once or twice and play it without saving - you will never tell if it's new or not. There will be no marks on teh cartridge contacts as well.
You can believe whatever you want to believe in of cause.. Smile People should have dreams to dream. Very Happy
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : Rarebucky's Amazing Sealed SNES Collection (US NTSC) - Page 3 Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:24 pm

Of course you could tell DS. Dream on then!

yobo

Country : Rarebucky's Amazing Sealed SNES Collection (US NTSC) - Page 3 Flag_usa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Yup. I dream about a factory sealed earthbound. Not just a mint one sent to dumb VGA who don't care and don't know about what they grade. Very Happy
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Country : Rarebucky's Amazing Sealed SNES Collection (US NTSC) - Page 3 Flag_russia

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:41 pm

Well I remember 2 years ago when CIB Earthbound was going for $100 there was a guy on ebay with a case of them (4 I believe). He wanted $200 each and I tought it was too much. He then sold all of them to 1 guy who later resold each for $350-$550. Even 1 this year.

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:53 pm

speaking about Earthbound.
I got mine from castlevania4ever couple of years ago. It is mint and unused. All in plastic packets. I don't see any fingerprints on the cart and the guide is unscratched and unbent. hmm... maybe mine is also new? lol!
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:56 pm

Send it in to VGA and then you will know! No one will pay "new" prices for this game unless it is authenticated as new. And yes, VGA does know what they're doing FYI.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:14 am

I don't want to send them anything, nor this game. I really don't think their knowledge in sealed videogames is good enough for it. They just look at the external damage. And that's all. They won't even guess a professional reseal.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:29 am

Not true DS. Don't comment on things you don't know about. All I can say is I know Tom, their president, pretty well now. He knows his seals and conditions better than anyone on this forum.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:37 am

rarebucky wrote:He knows his seals and conditions better than anyone on this forum.

Thats quite the statement bud. I'm not trying to start anything, but how are you so sure? Their page doesn't give much in the way of experienece details.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:56 am

Because of my experience buying their games and talking to him about what he looks for. He can also spot a reseal better than any of us.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:00 am

DS- why dont you use SGH then? Nobody force you to use VGA..

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:08 am

yobo wrote:DS- why dont you use SGH then? Nobody force you to use VGA..
I dont like grading in general. That's why. :top:
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:27 am

Dark Sol wrote:
yobo wrote:DS- why dont you use SGH then? Nobody force you to use VGA..
I dont like grading in general. That's why. :top:

Agreed
bassman8866
bassman8866
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:45 am

rarebucky wrote:Not true DS. Don't comment on things you don't know about. All I can say is I know Tom, their president, pretty well now. He knows his seals and conditions better than anyone on this forum.
Oh really? hehe.. easy task for a president. couple dozens of "new" japanese mega drive games. Will he guess what's new what's not? Absolutely won't. It will be a dead end for him. He just uses his eyes like all of us, not telepathy.
It's easy to grade shrinkwrapped in plastic games. But what about the ones without the wrapping? heheheh.. B/S. :top:
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:19 am

rarebucky wrote:He can also spot a reseal better than any of us.

okay thats ridiculous ! I think the knowledge of VGA is "okay" but nothing more sorry...
And I think many guys misunderstood the whole grading process. Its not about getting a game protected against bomb attacks and bullets (btw.: Everyone should have some physical knowledge. So everyone should know that if you put something in a plastic box without damping any physical effect is transfered nearly 99% to the thing inside.). The main reason is that someone who have a very good knowledge about sealed games grade the condition and give ANYTHING that confirm the authenticity!

btw.: I think we should stop spamming rarebuckys collection thread Wink !

Last edited by Pascal on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : Rarebucky's Amazing Sealed SNES Collection (US NTSC) - Page 3 Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:04 pm

It's not ridiculous. If you've dealt with VGA you'd know what I'm talking about. No one will pay "new" prices on an Earthbound unless it's confirmed to be new by an "official" authority, whether that's VGA or SGH. So I've done that. You guys can be jealous all you want. The fact of the matter is that I have the only confirmed BRAND NEW Earthbound out there right now. And it looks gorgeous in the custom case, most importantly.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:37 pm

Of course it looks awesome and its a great game in a great condition.
Ridiculous is the sentence I quoted!
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : Rarebucky's Amazing Sealed SNES Collection (US NTSC) - Page 3 Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:34 am

hey rarebucky is your earthbound copy from Dutch? Very Happy
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3