Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game & Dvd packaging - Important part of the product?

2 posters

Go down

Game & Dvd packaging - Important part of the product? Empty Game & Dvd packaging - Important part of the product?

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:12 am

According to a recent study, 11% of households interviewed had unopened games whilst 24% had unopended Dvd's. More worryingly though, this survey proved that a staggering amount of people actually don't consider the game / Dvd case as part of the product, and many will throw them away!!! I could understand this practice happening over 15 years ago when many Nintendo games came in cardboard cases that were not really durable (Many of which would disintegrate or get damaged over time), but who honestly buys a PS3, X360, or Wii game simply for the disc and then throws the rest away as if it were some kind of rubbish? - They're made for keeping, unlike your cereal packets or milk cartons

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55621

http://kotaku.com/5069957/gamers-enjoy-their-disc-packaging

Also, it appears that the average household has 114 Dvd's in its collection and the average video game collection has 48 titles - I can safely say that almost every single person I personally know has more than this. I also personally feel that if you own a console that you've spent many hundreds of Pounds / Euros / Dollars, you would aim to own at least this amount of games for it

The reports go on to detail that many people tend to sell, trade, or simply give away unwanted games and Dvd's! Selling and trading is one thing, but I would like to meet the gamer who gives away his games for nothing once they're bored of them. I would gladly take any game off of anyone for nothing, even a used copy of Fifa '95!

The report is based on 557 qualified DVD respondents and 562 video game respondents

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Game & Dvd packaging - Important part of the product? Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Game & Dvd packaging - Important part of the product? Empty Re: Game & Dvd packaging - Important part of the product?

Post by pandaholic Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:26 pm

"The study also found that in that same polling group of 562 gamers "

Too if you ask me to do a study on.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 256
Country : Game & Dvd packaging - Important part of the product? Flag_sweden
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Game & Dvd packaging - Important part of the product? Empty Re: Game & Dvd packaging - Important part of the product?

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:00 am

I guess there are still people out there who have no need for such things as DS cases or manuals and so throw them away. Obviously kids can't be expected to keep things in good condition either, especially young ones. And not everybody buys a game or Dvd to keep forever like we do - Some are happy to watch or play through once and then get rid of it. I suppose the kind of people who do this though tend to be the same demographic who also download music and movies a lot, and rent via 'On demand' services
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Game & Dvd packaging - Important part of the product? Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down