Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game stores that opens the sealing before selling it.

5 posters

Go down

Game stores that opens the sealing before selling it. Empty Game stores that opens the sealing before selling it.

Post by pandaholic Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:04 pm

Hello.

Where i live, it is very difficult to find sealed games in Game Stores.
Most stores got return policys. So often you can get a game that someone allready has owned.

*Return Policys often means that "new" games often are "used"

*Games wants an exhibition ex of the game out on the shelfs. With rarer game they often puts all games on the shelfs. All games on shelfs are opened.

The only game that i can find sealed is the recently released.

The only place where i can get old PS2 games sealed is Electronic Stores. But often they have ridicilous prices.

Everytime i wants to buy games in EB Games and Game. I have to stand at the desk trying to see what few PS2 games they still have sealed behind the counter.

Really annoying. Still PS2 games are the one they have the most sealed.

I mean in the GC shelfs i can find Pikmin or Odama for 20 Euro. Still they dont have it sealed.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 256
Country : Game stores that opens the sealing before selling it. Flag_sweden
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Game stores that opens the sealing before selling it. Empty Re: Game stores that opens the sealing before selling it.

Post by DJ Villa Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi, yes this is rearlly annoying and happens near myself, i now buy all my games via the internet... get it cheaper and you can make sure it's sealed Very Happy
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Game stores that opens the sealing before selling it. Empty Re: Game stores that opens the sealing before selling it.

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:19 pm

It annoys me that they usually have to put twenty unsealed copies on the shelf and put the discs / carts behind the counter. Why not just put one or two copies on the shelf, and keep the rest behind the counter or in a store-room still sealed? Why do they have to open every copy?

I hate GAME's policy of opening the games and then sealing them before they leave the shop with their little black security sticker tag. This. Is. Not. Sealed... The amount of times i've had arguments with store staff over this when asking for a "Sealed" copy of the game...

Me: Can I have a sealed copy of this game please?

*Store assitant goes to look for game*

Clerk: That'll be £xx.xx please...

Me: Um, I asked for a sealed copy

Clerk: But it is sealed...

Me: Ok, let me rephrase that... I'd like a copy that is still sealed in it's original cellophane...

Clerk: But... It this is still sealed... It's still new...

Me: *Walks off in disgust, muttering under breath*

Unfortunately, it's teh same everywhere. It's just as bad as stores that try and sell you a shrinkwrapped copy of a game that you know should have a tear strip...!!!
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Game stores that opens the sealing before selling it. Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:33 pm

Yepp. The worst experienced so far must been when me and a friend stood outside game waiting to buy Zelda TP GC on release day.

At the desk 2 employees stands and opens like 15 new Zelda TP and takes out the disc+manual. Right from a big brown paper box on the floor that probably just arrived.

Me and my friend who had walked into the store just when it opened was lucky and we could ask for a sealed copy right from the big brown box.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by pitsunami Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:33 pm

Happened to me too, i called sb who owned a videogame store and told me he had a sealed n64 pal zelda majoras mask for 40euro...so i bought it at once but opening the package some days later i saw it wasnt shrinwrapped but opened with just a 'sealed' tape from greece import company!! I was soooo pissed!Now i cant even open it cause the tape will ruin the box.Mad
pitsunami
pitsunami
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:57 pm

Whats a SB?

BTW. Do u live in Greece?

I remember when i was on vacation on islands there in the beginning of the millenium i found alot of new SNES games.

I even found a Sega Saturn brand new on the island of Eigena just outside Athen. The greedy salesman wanted 120 Euro for it and i didnt want to spend my whole budget:/. It was 6 years ago when i was just a kid and 100 Euro were alot of money.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by pitsunami Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:08 pm

pandaholic wrote:Whats a SB?

I remember when i was on vacation on islands there in the beginning of the millenium i found alot of new SNES games.

I even found a Sega Saturn brand new on the island of Eigena just outside Athen. The greedy salesman wanted 120 Euro for it and i didnt want to spend my whole budget:/. It was 6 years ago when i was just a kid and 100 Euro were alot of money.

SB is somebody Laughing where did you find the snes? You know due to heavy piracy in my country its very difficult to find a retro game original.
pitsunami
pitsunami
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:00 am

pitsunami wrote:
pandaholic wrote:Whats a SB?

SB is somebody Laughing where did you find the snes? You know due to heavy piracy in my country its very difficult to find a retro game original.

I did not know of this. I knew Greece has certain strict gambling laws, but never heard of the piracy. This does explain why many sealed Dreamcast games come with silver foil stickers then - Probably to authenticate them as being legitimate
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:19 pm

with us it is in the “Real” (shop with us where also Games has) is even worst it. Mad
Ordering the Game Cube/Wii Games with Nintendo, which the covering original are Factory Sealed, but the Disk, Manual and Flyer are specially outside sent in such a way. cussing!
That is soooo stupid, passes the sense of Sealed Evil or Very Mad
Undead
Undead
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 101
Country : Game stores that opens the sealing before selling it. Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:59 pm

Undead wrote:with us it is in the “Real” (shop with us where also Games has) is even worst it. Mad
Ordering the Game Cube/Wii Games with Nintendo, which the covering original are Factory Sealed, but the Disk, Manual and Flyer are specially outside sent in such a way. cussing!
That is soooo stupid, passes the sense of Sealed Evil or Very Mad

Yes, I remember you mentioning this shop before. I suppose you have to be very careful when buying games on eBay in your country, as some sellers may try and sell the sealed box's without the cart and manual inside

At least these are easy to identify as being from your country though (Triangle colours on spines)
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:15 pm

Lawl. That sounds really stupid.

Btw. i was in Scandinavias largest mall today in Denmark (i live in south Sweden)

I found Res 4,Metal Slug,MGS 3,GOW II and alot of games for just 12 Euro. They didnt have a single of thouse cheap games sealed.

They also got alot of old games new like Timesplitters 1,MGS 2 etc. Still not a single one was sealed. And all thouse old new games they had for "3 for 2" offer which would make like 3 new old games for 20 Euro!

I even begged the employee at the store to open their glassed shelf behind the desk to show me the few sealed games they had: Like MGS 3 SE at 49 Euro etc. Everything in there were sort of new games for alot of money. I was close to buy suikoden for 35 Euro. But no. Dammit. All i got was alot of cheap Danish Beer and Spirits
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down