Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby?

+4
DesManX
Gemini-Phoenix
pitsunami
pandaholic
8 posters

Go down

What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby? Empty What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby?

Post by pandaholic Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:31 pm

My mom and relatives thinks its terrible. They say whats the point with collecting games that are made to play when you just let them gather dust sealed.And that when thouse games get worth anything you will have a good job and you dont need thouse 1000 euros.

My friends thinks its kind of crazy too. Most just thinks it`s weird.

You guys who has like around 200+ games, would like you to explain:P
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 256
Country : What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby? Flag_sweden
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby? Empty Re: What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby?

Post by pitsunami Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:36 pm

You cant explain a passion of yours,you just let them think whatever they want. I believe you know better than any of them!Cool
pitsunami
pitsunami
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Back to top Go down

What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby? Empty Re: What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby?

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:02 am

My parents believe that it's good that I have a hobby. At least, they would rather I spent it on things that are a potential investment rather than waste it on drugs or women or something like that.

But it's gotten to the point where it's spilling out all over the place and there's so much that i'm running out of room! Lol.
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby? Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by DesManX Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:47 am

My mother always says i'm crazy :P
DesManX
DesManX
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-07-30

http://www.gamers-spirit.de

Back to top Go down

Post by mowitz Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:22 pm

Since im not really a sealed games collector, i just happen to have a few games that i havent had time to play yet. My parents and wife doesnt say that much. But they think im crazy when i show my arcade and pinball collection. Hmm perhaps i could buy a NIB pinball instead Wink

mowitz
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:06 am

my wife doesn't mind apart from all the cupboard space i use up , i've got boxes full of them now . also i dont tell her how much i really spend !
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Country : What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby? Flag_scotland
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:35 am

pandaholic wrote:You guys who has like around 200+ games

Lol, it was never a problem when it was that few. It was mostly PlayStation, N64, and Dreamcast games, with a few Mega Drive thrown in. When I was <200 it was before the PS2 had come out, and I was buying games using my wages from my part-time job

It's not the collecting that my family have a problem with. It's not the space it occupies, nor the cost of it either... The thing my family do have a problem with and perhaps don't understand is my penchant for keeping them sealed... As many of you can probably relate to, otherwise you wouldn't be here in the first place!

It's become obsessive though, and isn't just limited to games anymore. It's branched out into Dvd's and Cd's, which I also buy sealed and keep that way - I have around 400-500 Dvd's still sealed, and over 100 sealed Cd's. I also have a childish passion for Lego too (Keeping in touch with my youth!), but it hasn't quite gotten to the point where I keep that sealed... YET!
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyB Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:31 pm

If someone has a comment on my collecting habits (sealed or non sealed) , I just make a comparison with other collections. Post stamps for example. My (sealed games) won't be used. Neither will the stamps. That usually makes collecting sealed games more understandable to the most people.
KennyB
KennyB
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gau Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:52 pm

I think no one of my family actually knows that I was collecting sealed games. :P
Gau
Gau
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:27 pm

Gau wrote:I think no one of my family actually knows that I was collecting sealed games. :P

It's Ok, you can come out of the closet now. There's nothing to be ashamed about! You shouldn't feel that you have to keep this a secret any longer, and it's alright to feel the way you do. I'm sure your family will be understanding if you told them Wink
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Gau Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:05 pm

Laughing Well I think this wonīt happen. My parents donīt care about my gaming collection at all and they probably wouldnīt even understand or know what a game in sealed condition is or looks like. And when I think about it I may have already talked with my brother about it but Iīm sure that he has forgotten it anyway.

Last edited by on Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gau
Gau
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:40 pm

Gau wrote:Laughing Well I think this wonīt happen. My parents donīt care about my gaming collection at all and they probably wouldnīt even understand or know what a game in sealed condition is or looks like. And when I think about it I may have allready talked with my brother about it but Iīm sure that he has forgott it anyway.

So is your brother "Like-minded" as well then? Wink

My parents totally and completely respect my "Beliefs". They're safe with who I am, even if they don't fully understand. I often get mocked by them, but I know it's "In jest". It can be quite uncomfortable on special occasions such as Christmas morning though, where I am surrounded by the whole family, as some of them do not know / care, so can be quite awkward around them.

I am lucky to have close friends who understand me though, and I have their full support. They were there for me when I "Came out of the closet", and have stuck by me now they know about my "Secret". I think some of them are also hiding secret desires to be more like me, and i'm positive some of them are starting to "Turn"...

Smile
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:49 pm

I support you Gemini. I think you should be proud of your sexuality. Nothing to be a shamed off.

( Rolling Eyes cheers )
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 256
Country : What does your friends/family thinks about your hobby? Flag_sweden
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum