Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAL PS1 Sealed games--- where to get them?

+2
Gemini-Phoenix
pooch
6 posters

Go down

PAL PS1 Sealed games--- where to get them? Empty PAL PS1 Sealed games--- where to get them?

Post by pooch Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:45 pm

I live in the US but somehow am addicted to collecting PAL stuff. I really want to increase my girth of PAL PS1 sealed games collection however I don't know what's the best way except Ebay. The postage of picking up the games one by one really adds up.

So I would like to ask the PAL PS1 sealed games collector here: where's the second best place to buy ps1 sealed games except Ebay?

I don't mind if they are common titles either. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you! Very Happy

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

PAL PS1 Sealed games--- where to get them? Empty Re: PAL PS1 Sealed games--- where to get them?

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:13 pm

For PSone games, they're few and far between on store shelves here now. Only really the indie's stock them, but even then they're usually the cheap and nasty children's games, and no *A* list titles. eBay really is the best place to find them. Depends on what you want as well, as the rarer games are drying up and eBay seems dead in terms of PSone games. When they do occasionally appear, they sell for stupidly high amounts

I would suggest keeping a very close eye on eBay, and also browsing forums such as this and Digital Press, which are the best places to find collector's who are likely to sell sealed copies
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : PAL PS1 Sealed games--- where to get them? Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

PAL PS1 Sealed games--- where to get them? Empty Re: PAL PS1 Sealed games--- where to get them?

Post by pooch Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:34 pm

Gemini-Phoenix: Thanks for your advice. I guess you are the expert in this area Very Happy

sealeddreamcast: Thanks for the links, that's quite alot of games. It's very helpful.

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by sealeddreamcast Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:07 pm

There's a lot of sealed ps1 games on ebay, but mostly recent ones. Except for ebay italia, since the huge Halifax shop has unloaded all the retro stuff last year, you can find a lot of older games for not that expensive.

sealeddreamcast
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:25 am

Are there any shops in Europe like the online shop gooddealgames.com in USA that have new stocks of older games? So for example, if I want to buy some common titles for my dreamcast sealed collection, I can just go to gooddealgames.com and pick up 10-20 titles without having to buy each one of them individually on Ebay and paying 5 dollar shipping each. I want to do the same thing for the Pal PS one.

I know this is a very crazy idea but I wonder if I can ever finish a sealed collection of PAL PSone games. I know there are 1400+ unique games for the PAL PAone games but I was thinking if I don't go for variants or a particular country release, it might be possible since some PSone games are dirt cheap sealed...

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Villa Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:50 pm

In my opinion it'd be a nightmare to even try, many of the games are rare and soo hard to get hold of but more of a consern for me is the way that they arrive... i own an ebay shop and buy and sell used and new computer games, i have bought many sealed ps1 games of ebay to re-sell and you would't believe how many arrive with the discs loose or slits in the seal. It is very rare to actually recieve a mint game, it seems that either they get easily damaged in the post or that a lot of sellers forget to mention bits even when asked numerous questions they do tend to bend the truth... It rearlly gets me mad Mad and a lot of unpleasant disputes have been sent on this issue.
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sealeddreamcast Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:58 am

A sealed pal ps1 complete set ?
Simply impossible when you know that there is so few people that managed to get a complete non sealed set.

sealeddreamcast
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:53 pm

Well, that is true. When I finish collecting for my other systems and have absolutely nothing else to pursue, I would definitely try this one albeit it's a mission impossible. Very Happy

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:22 pm

I checked on Ebay.uk and a bunch of other European UK sites for sealed PS titles that are on Ebay and it seems like there are only about 200+ unique PAL titles so I guess it would be really impossible to find 1400+ unique titles that are still sealed Shocked

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:23 pm

The only person I heard/read of who has a complete nonsealed set is the site owner of mintinthebox.

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammelhammel Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:12 am

pooch wrote:The only person I heard/read of who has a complete nonsealed set is the site owner of mintinthebox.

yes, Reini from Austria...a good friend of mine.

But a complete sealed PS-collection (PAL) is impossible.
I have some rare stuff, but when I think about which games are still missing... Suspect

But it can be possible if you collect the games no matter which language is on the back. PAL = Spain, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Australia......
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Number of posts : 543
Country : PAL PS1 Sealed games--- where to get them? Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by sealeddreamcast Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:23 pm

I have to disagree: I've been looking for a couple of early sealed games (most released in 96) for years and have never seen most of them in sealed condition.

sealeddreamcast
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazuya M Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:16 am

Playstation Pal sealed games at least in Spain if one user donīt want to buy by Ebay...the only solution is to visit stores of toys, department stores with old consoles or videogame markets. If you are looking for a little sealed gem...you will need a lot of luck.

Greetings
Kazuya M
Kazuya M
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-12-20

http://www.beta-zero.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:48 am

sealeddreamcast wrote:I have to disagree: I've been looking for a couple of early sealed games (most released in 96) for years and have never seen most of them in sealed condition.

I have quite a few from this era. Early PAL PlayStation games came with full cover artwork rather than a black losenge at the bottom. I also noticed that earlier PlayStation games had a much lower tear strip (About 1cm from the bottom) opposed to more modern games where the tear strip is much higher (About 2-3cm from the bottom)

Off the top of my head, some of the earlier games that I have sealed include: Primal Rage; Bubble Bobble & Rainbow Islands; Tempest X3 (Double jewel case); Suikoden; Firo & Klawd; Earthworm Jim II; And Descent 2 ~ Primal Rage being the earliest released game that I have for the PlayStation (Sealed or otherwise), and all but Descent 2 having been released sometime in 1996 (According to IGN)
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : PAL PS1 Sealed games--- where to get them? Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down