Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping to the UK?

5 posters

Go down

Shipping to the UK? Empty Shipping to the UK?

Post by pooch Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:52 am

Sealed PAL games have been growing on me but the problem is that many of the sellers won't ship outside of UK or Europe. I found this site of a US mail holding service from defcon's PS1 website. http://www.myus.com/

I am wondering if there are similar services in the UK so that I don't have to beg sellers to ship to the States. Please let me know if you do. Many thanks.

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Shipping to the UK? Empty Re: Shipping to the UK?

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:52 pm

pooch wrote:Sealed PAL games have been growing on me but the problem is that many of the sellers won't ship outside of UK or Europe. I found this site of a US mail holding service from defcon's PS1 website. http://www.myus.com/

I am wondering if there are similar services in the UK so that I don't have to beg sellers to ship to the States. Please let me know if you do. Many thanks.

I have the same problem but the other way around - I find that many Americans will only ship internally, and not to the UK. This was increasingly frustrating when I wanted to buy my red PS2 from Sony.com, who told me that the hardware was not available for me to buy as I didn't live in the US.

The easy way around this problem is to simply make friends. As it happened, I had a contact in the US who agreed to order and accept the PS2 on my behalf and then reship it to me here in the UK. Likewise, he has also been the middleman for a number of other items which sellers refused to ship outside of the US. He's also found me many a sealed PlayStation game too
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by type-r Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:21 pm

I have the same problem for bidding and receiving games from Yahoo Auctions in Japan. I use a Japanese contact however the rates can sometimes be quite high especially for high valued items. Still they are cheaper than Rinkya, which is a proxy bidding system for Japanese items.
type-r
type-r
SGH crew member
SGH crew member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by j.m.ratkos Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:10 pm

I'm located in the states and have no problem acting as a middleman. I've done a number of times before on other forums (I am exporter extraordinaire on rllmukforums.com) as long as I'm not taken advantage of, I have no problems continuing to provide that service here.
j.m.ratkos
j.m.ratkos
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by phear3d Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:58 am

the problem with shipping outside of canada and u.s. is that you risk loosing that package. if you pay using paypal, the buyer will always win on a claim whether you have proof that you shipped the package. why? theres no tracking numbers. theres fedex, ups & dhl but they charge an arm and a leg just to get a delivery confirmation or tracking number for your package. i have shipped to europe a few times last year but after having a problem with someone from the middle east, i've decided to stop offering to ship to another country. also, you can never get a good post office estimate. you have to be there physically with the package to find out yourself which is quite annoying. i really hate to charge too much for shipping because it adds to the cost of an already too expensive sealed game.

if anyone knows a better method, please share. i'd love to sell games to europe as well.
phear3d
phear3d
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down