Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misc PCE, Saturn, 32x

+7
rarebucky
Dark Sol
pooch
Sammelhammel
bballno1
happyheed
wheelaa
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

collection with picture(s) Misc PCE, Saturn, 32x

Post by wheelaa Fri May 09, 2008 12:52 am

Piccie taken a while back for another forum, but it fits well here too.

Some of my pearly items that were to hand. I've got lots of other sealed stuff, mainly pce, saturn, with marty when I can (not crap though). And more gems too Wink Some sweet new hardware too.

Misc PCE, Saturn, 32x Img_1010

Can't really be seen but the Darxide is signed by David Braben (Elite) (red triangle ship). The pce stuff is lovely too, flawless, no unstuck glue or manual rucks. Renny Blaster has poor glue, took an age to get!

wheelaa
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

collection with picture(s) Re: Misc PCE, Saturn, 32x

Post by happyheed Fri May 09, 2008 1:10 am

hi , is darxide sealed ???? its worth a fortune ??? Very Happy
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 Fri May 09, 2008 1:30 am

yeah if it is then that would be worth alot! but even if its not sealed ive seen 2 sell for £700 used!
bballno1
bballno1
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelaa Fri May 09, 2008 1:42 am

Yeah, its sealed. Everything there is sealed. Well except the Magical Chase letter/card, I imagine that came in an envelope at some point.

wheelaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammelhammel Fri May 09, 2008 1:42 am

Hey wheelaa

I saw this stuff on assembler....fuxking awesome stuff. Selling these few games and you have almost a new car Very Happy
What is it under the blistered PDS??
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Fri May 09, 2008 11:30 am

hey will you ever sell those games? I will buy them if you will Very Happy

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 Fri May 09, 2008 11:45 am

wow very luky 2 have a sealed darxide Very Happy can i ask how much you bought it for orginally?
bballno1
bballno1

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Fri May 09, 2008 12:09 pm

*puts on the glasess* ...OMFG!!!! *get's heart attack*
*calls ambulance*
Shining Force 3 sealed?? 2 PDS sealed????? affraid
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelaa Fri May 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Cheers people.

Sammel - Its the reservation notice/card for the Magical Chase 2nd run that you see next to it. MC had two jp releases. The first normal (but limited) release. And then a second release associated with the PCEngine Fan mag.

Pooch - One day perhaps. Will I be into gaming/collecting for the rest of my life? I doubt it, but you never know!

bball - I bought it as part of a full world set (basic world set - so full US set, Euro exclusives (Darxide and Fifa) and JP exclusive (Sangokushi 4)) a few years back for E2000. Based on that, at the time, I reckoned I was paying E1400 or so for the Darxide, with E600 covering the remainder. (There are few pricey US games lol) It wasn't signed when I got it, but I went to a talk by DB a year later and he kindly signed it for me afterwards.

Dark Sol - Those are the only 4 PAL saturn games I have sealed. I'm still after a Shining Holy Ark PAL sealed if anyone has one to sell!

wheelaa

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Fri May 09, 2008 3:23 pm

Darxide sealed (even putting aside the signature) is probably the most valuable thing anyone's ever posted on this site. Forget about sealed Chrono Triggers - your game is a true rarity!

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Fri May 09, 2008 4:20 pm

Aside from Taromaru what's the deal with the other Saturn games?

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelaa Fri May 09, 2008 5:24 pm

Eyeful Home - A 'not for sale' item. An 'open house' program for some real estate company in Japan. Given out to a few people at selected shows from what I know. Pretty damn rare, commonly believed that only 50 copies were produced, but who can say for sure. I have 2 sealed copies actually (the only 2 sealed copies I've ever seen)

Waltz Heim - Again a 'not for sale' 'open house' program. Used to be really rare and pricey sealed, come down a lot in price the last few years and can be found sealed without too much effort now.

Delisoba Deluxe - Another not for sale disc. This actually has a game in there, albeit a very short and so-so one. You just have to ride a scooter round a track, thats about it. There's a very basic track editor too. Quite desirable to the Saturn enthusiast, it appears in fits and spurts in my experience. Damn rare sealed though. Made by CAVE (yes, the same CAVE of schmup fame), and only handed out to contestants on a Japanese TV game show.

wheelaa

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Sun May 11, 2008 7:54 pm

Can you explain to me what unstuck glue and manual rucks for PCE sealed game mean? Also, what does it mean by poor glue in "Renny Blaster has poor glue, took an age to get!"?

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelaa Mon May 12, 2008 9:23 pm

pooch wrote:Can you explain to me what unstuck glue and manual rucks for PCE sealed game mean?

Exactly that, unstuck glue and manual rucks.

Ok seriously...

The manuals in pce games have a fair bit of lateral movement within the case. This can cause rucking to the edges of the manual, especially on the right hand side as you look at it, as this side can rub up against the two vertical plastic bars in the case lid that stop the manual from sliding out. So that is something you have to look out for in sealed games. Nothing worse than dropping £100s on a nice rare game only to see visible marks on the manual. Well I imagine at any rate, not happened to me yet. These marks can be miniscule, or major (sometimes you see a small tear and substantial foldover on the right edge of the manual). If you own a pce game you'll know what I mean.

Unstuck glue..well the shrinkwrap is glued on some of the edges, this can come unstuck! Some pce games are over 20 years old now, thats a long time for the glue to have to last. Also it seems that later releases in the pce's life had a pretty damn poor glue used so the odd sealed copy you might find (as bear in mind mny late pce releases had really small print runs anyway) usually has unstuck glue edges.

Renny Blaster has poor glue, took an age to get!

= RB has notoriously shit glue used for the shrinkwrap. Very late pce release. It took me an age to find a perfect sealed copy due to this (and its rarity of course, even a mint open copy is rare as fuck these days)

wheelaa

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Mon May 12, 2008 10:08 pm

I would add that those "manual rucks" happen with many jewel case games. This happens with PSX games all the time. I don't devalue a game because of it though. It is completely unavoidable and will always happen over time as the manuals move inside the case. Impossible to avoid unless you but it yourself and never, ever moved it.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelaa Mon May 12, 2008 10:26 pm

Sure thing, but pce manuals have a huge amount of room to move, more than most tbh. Especially some of the hucard games with thin manuals. They often slip right under the edge tabs!

It is avoidable though, I have lots of sealed jewel case games that testify to that. Its always a worrying time when a minter is heading to me from japan! Been lucky thus far on the really pricey stuff.

Fairplay you don't devalue a game because of it though. For me its a big issue in sealed games. Some people get stressed about tiny wrinkles in the shrinkwrap, I'm not so fussed by that, part of the factory process, hence factory sealed. But a damaged manual, looks ghastly imo. It doesn't come from the factory with damage (unless its a fuck up), and I want factory sealed condition (wrinkles and all!).

wheelaa

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Tue May 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Where did you get your JPN games? Did you get it in shops in Japan or via Yahoo Japan auctions?

And btw, I am serious about purchasing them should you ever decide to sell those gems Very Happy

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelaa Tue May 13, 2008 6:52 pm

Numerous sources. A few from Yahoo, some via friends in japan who got them in stores or from other collectors. I also knew a very fussy pce collector here in the UK. He sold me the flawless DNM. (Every sealed DNM I've seen on yahoo has had a bad manual)

As for selling, don't worry I'll be in touch if I ever do sell!* Of course I have to offer some of the items to other people first, friends and contacts who have expressed their interest over the years. And of course I will never forget them and will always be true to my word. There are lots of people who want the Darxide!
(3-4 years ago I was offered first refusal on a very rare item, my personal grail. Fast forward to Jan this year and I was indeed given first refusal when the person wanted to sell. I bought it of course)

*Although I'm still collecting lol. Just got a flawless Tenchi Wu Kurau 2 (saturn).

wheelaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Tue May 13, 2008 7:06 pm

amazing !
you really have the 4 rarest sega saturn games in sealed condition!
pray!
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelaa Tue May 13, 2008 7:15 pm

Not quite sadly. Enemy Zero special package is the rarest officially made game imo/LE set. Of course it was never for sale, just a prize in a competition. Only 20 made apparently (although some people say 50, others 100). I'm sure you saw the auction on yahoo.

(Obviously unreleased games are rarer, but never sealed)

wheelaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Tue May 13, 2008 7:20 pm

yeah i know that game too. But I mean the 4 rarest sega saturn games which had an official seal wrapping, sorry...

btw.: I am one of those guys who think that there are only 20 copies of Enemy Zero special package out there!
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelaa Tue May 13, 2008 7:31 pm

Ah I see. There are probably sealed JP games that are rarer than Taromaru. Maybe. Some of the really obscure/unknown games are really hard to find.

Certainly the pal titles are rarer than sealed Taromaru, but all they have is the sticker, no shrinkwrap.

I think there's only 20 too. 19 left to try and buy!

wheelaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Tue May 13, 2008 7:55 pm

japanese saturn games are debris. Who knows how many not for sale and promo's are there. I also do collect saturn. There are a lot of obscure stuff there.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Number of posts : 2150
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelaa Wed May 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Well there are lots of very good sites with info on most promos that were made. By promos I mostly mean demos/promos/samples of games that were released. I didn't mean these though when I referred to obscure/unknown games though, I was talking about released games that are just very unknown (as they are crap by and large), but still rare. In my experience virtually all promos of released saturn games are cheaper sealed than their released counterparts.

'True' not for sale items (ie deli, waltz, kerin etc), or other promo items tied to released games but not simple demos (say Devil Hackers Extra, Baroque data file) are very finite in terms of how many different ones there actually are, as well as often being limited in numbers. Most saturn fans could name all the JP ones in no time.

wheelaa

Back to top Go down

Post by type-r Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:52 pm

Lovely pic wheelaa and like someone said over on assembler some while back, you hardly see soo much money in one picture!

I hope one day you will post your sealed PCE collection for everyone to drool over Wink
type-r
type-r
SGH crew member
SGH crew member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next