Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ideal way to protect your sealed games

+21
scottiesgames
Loona
Kurini
Terry B
rarebucky
JRedmond3
fragged3d
ROG
pooch
MCJD4ever
MikeHaggar
DJ Villa
happyheed
KennyB
ascensionofthewatchers
Adol
Dark Sol
Sammelhammel
Pascal
Gemini-Phoenix
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The ideal way to protect your sealed games - Page 3 Empty Re: The ideal way to protect your sealed games

Post by Kurini Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:49 pm

hope it is ok that i use this thread.

im looking for a way to protect my sealed player guide's.
it should protect the corners of the books. so im looking for something like a "seal-king" or something like this one from fragged3d.
there is also the problem that some collector edition books are really thick, like the FF XII CE guide.

any ideas what i should look for or where i can look for something like that?

thx

Kurini
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

The ideal way to protect your sealed games - Page 3 Empty Re: The ideal way to protect your sealed games

Post by rarebucky Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:13 pm

Try getting the protectice bags that you use for comics that have cardboard backing. Those are the best for guides.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Loona Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:09 am

I am also searching for some kind of protection for my games.
But I search for the perfect sized bags. Like these protection bags for comics. But I don't know where to get it. Sad I want some in the size of DVDs.
Which is the perfect size AND where do I get it? I'd prefer european shops.

Do you have any idea? :?:

-edit-
I found some which would fit perfect
http://search.stores.ebay.com/uniquepacking_dvd-6x8_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfromZR10QQfsnZuniquepackingQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ130704033QQsofpZ0

But they just send them to europe if I buy 500 of these...
But that is way too much. 100 is my maximum. Do you know a shop where I get these? resealable and 6" x 8".
Thank u very much!

Loona
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

The ideal way to protect your sealed games - Page 3 Empty protectors for snes boxes

Post by scottiesgames Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:39 am

im in australia and wouldn't mind getting a hold of a 100 of the box protectors for the snes

if anyone can help me out let, me know thanks

scottiesgames
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dude_20 Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:00 am

I know I'll probably sound like an idiot here, but can anyone give specific directions on how to fold these dvd snapper cases so that they are securely closed on both ends. I have some of these and notice most of them are not being folded right causing some of the games to slip out. Please shed some info or a small how to for this clueless person Laughing
Dude_20
Dude_20
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 98
Country : The ideal way to protect your sealed games - Page 3 Flag_usa
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by MCJD4ever Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Well, when you fold the sides and attempt to close them, if you do it successfully...you should hear some sort of 'snapping' noise. If you don't hear this, then it's not properly closed.

MCJD4ever
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dude_20 Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:40 pm

MCJD4ever wrote:Well, when you fold the sides and attempt to close them, if you do it successfully...you should hear some sort of 'snapping' noise. If you don't hear this, then it's not properly closed.
Thanks for getting back. They "snap" in alright. I guess they are too flimsy. Which is why they slip open at times.
Dude_20
Dude_20
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by MCJD4ever Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:30 am

No prob! You learn this after you spend $300 on a sealed SNES game, think one of those boxes is closed, but it's not, and the game flies out and gets crushed.

I was pissed about that for about a month! lolol! Evil or Very Mad

MCJD4ever
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 Sat May 31, 2008 3:41 am

Hey ppl, Ive got a fairly small but good collection of games now so i think its about time I put them on display. Up until now I have kept them all in a cupboard in sealed in bubblewrap and away from sunlight so theyre all well protected and wont get damaged.

I figured now that now I have a good few games that I want to display them but not sure if its such a good idea as I dont have any box protectors etc for them so my question is that if i display them in a kinda bookcase storage unit and keep them away from sunlight then is this a safe bet, so I can display them like this without risking them getting damaged? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
bballno1
bballno1
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 398
Country : The ideal way to protect your sealed games - Page 3 Flag_e10
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:23 pm

bballlno1 wrote:Hey ppl, Ive got a fairly small but good collection of games now so i think its about time I put them on display. Up until now I have kept them all in a cupboard in sealed in bubblewrap and away from sunlight so theyre all well protected and wont get damaged.

A little late in my reply, but just wanted to say I too wrap my games in bubble wrap and then just stack them in bins in rows of two, with cardboard boxes on top. Don't really see the need for plastic boxes, but it's all good.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MCJD4ever Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:02 pm

I keep all my games (regardless of the system) stored in plastic bins completely away from sunlight. The SNES and Gameboy games are all in plastic box protectors and stored side-by-side, with no weight on them at all. My PS1 and PS2 games are all in plastic slipcases to protect their outer shrinkwrap. I sometimes store some PS1 and PS2 games on top of one another, but never that high, and the more expensive games are on top with no weight on them .

I too want to display my games. Im thinking about storing them in this large, wooden wall unit with glass doors. People will be able to see them, and im going to have to come up with a way to still keep sunlight away....

MCJD4ever
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:55 am

KennyB wrote:A guy over at NintendoAge also sells them. I bought 50 for 38 USD (including shipping from USA to Europe)

I don't know if they are the same though. Here are some good pictures:

The ideal way to protect your sealed games - Page 3 IMG_2563

The ideal way to protect your sealed games - Page 3 IMG_2560

I would not recomment these box protectors. They have sharp as hell edges and will damage your sealed game when sliding them in and out. I even damaged one of my complete games when the corner cut into the game box and tore it.

Just place your games in bubble wrap and into a plastic bin. I find this very safe and it actually will de-humidify your games as well so it's win-win.

yobo
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 710
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:58 am

i disagree Smile
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : The ideal way to protect your sealed games - Page 3 Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:59 am

Dark Sol wrote:i disagree Smile

you would'nt if you experiences what I did a few hours ago! The hell of taking the games out of them!

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 am

YOu should do it gently. No rush of cause.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Number of posts : 2150
Country : The ideal way to protect your sealed games - Page 3 Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:11 am

I did, but I dont have 5 hands Laughing

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:06 pm

yobo wrote:I did, but I dont have 5 hands Laughing

lol.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3