Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited

4 posters

Go down

Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited Empty Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:33 am

According to this site:

www.glud-marstrand.com

Sony were the first company to adopt the Steelbook case format for the release of Killzone CE. Previously rumoured amongst collector's circles for years that the game was limited to 300 copies only, it has been cited that there were in fact 30,000 copies printed of the Collector's Edition of Killzone for the PS2...

www.glud-marstrand.com wrote:"Sony chose SteelBook™ metal media box for a Collector's Edition of the popular and high-profile game "Killzone". Only 30,000 copies are released of the Collector's edition that comes with a bonus disc and includes a soundtrack and a making of documentary."
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited Empty Re: Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited

Post by pandaholic Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:14 pm

Ive got one,unsealed though. I did not thought there were 300 but more like 3000, but yeah, now we know. 30 000 makes me a bit disappointed . They are still pretty rare, but not worth anything, was one on ebay recently.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 256
Country : Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited Flag_sweden
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited Empty Re: Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited

Post by LuxKiller65 Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:22 pm

One down. The era of true limited editons is over anyway.

LuxKiller65
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 81
Country : Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited Flag_italy
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Imp Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:47 am

That's a great find, Gemini-Phoenix. Thanks for sharing that information! Very helpful to know, and even better with a source.

LuxKiller65 wrote:The era of true limited editons is over anyway.

Very true. Now they're almost always called "Special Editions" or "Premium Editions" rather than being "Limited Editions". "Collector's Editions" could mean either, though. And it's not as though they care about being accurate when they choose what they call it; they'll call whatever they want to sell more copies at a higher price, no matter how many they produced (see Final Fantasy 12).

Meh, they're usually only priced US$5 or $US10 above the cost of the regular edition, and if they include a disc with bonus content or a soundtrack, I usually consider that to be worth the extra cost even if it's not rare.

The Imp
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:00 pm

I agree. Often, as in the case with Resident Evil IV (PS2) and Halo II (Xbox), the games labelled as "Limited" or "Collector's" are probably more common than the standard games themselves.

But, in the case of some Limited Editions such as Dead Rising (PAL X360), which is rumoured to be limited to just 5,000, limited really does mean limited. Now if only I could find a citation for Dead Rising...

However, as much as I hate store exclusivity, you do get a sense of limited-ness opposed to those editions which are available literally everywhere. Just look at how many X360 exclusives there are for PLAY.com and GAME, most of which you hardly ever see for sale in pre-owned sections, car boot sales, or on eBay. I know from personal collecting that certain LE's and CE's are rare to see even used, let alone sealed!
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Killzone CE Steelbook - 30,000 PS2 Copies Cited Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down