Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Worst Rip Offs

+5
phear3d
striker
yobo
Dark Sol
Startyde
9 posters

Go down

Your Worst Rip Offs Empty Your Worst Rip Offs

Post by Startyde Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:05 pm

I apologize for this thread, it is not a happy one.

I was going through my PAYPAL recently and realized that I had paid $85.00 for an Okami and Magna Carta back in April and never received it. Somehow I never even noticed (what happens when I buy multiples of things in a short period) and now, not only is it too late to contest but the seller is no longer registered. Arg!

It reminds me of the time I paid $200 for 3 RE4 Gamecube Collector Tins and even though the tracking number said it was delivered, there was never a package and UPS (WHO I HATE WITH ALL MY HEART) says nothing they could do because it was listed as delivered. ARRRRGGGG!

Which then reminded me of the time I sold a Sealed Sega Nomad and sent it through UPS (THE BEGINNING OF MY HATRED) and when the buyer got the package, there was a huge hole in the box and the Nomad was missing...causing him to flip out on me, and causing me to flip out on UPS...and even though I insured it, UPS denied me for 7 MONTHS before giving in.

Gawd, I hate UPS.

In any event, I thought I would ask you guys. Do you have a heated story when at the end of the day, for one reason or another you were screwed over on some kind of purchase? Do share...
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Your Worst Rip Offs Empty Re: Your Worst Rip Offs

Post by Dark Sol Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Ohh yes!! I have many hatred stories!
One of my first stories is when i've sent cash in envelope to Canada for my Phantasy Star 4 and someone stole it! I had to send another 40 which resulted me in 80$....
another hatred.. When i paid for Beyond Oasis and it never arrived. Seller told he sent a substitute but it was a b/s.....never got anything.
One of biggest hatreds: Factory sealed Paper Mario for N64 NEVER ARRIVED. Lost money here...
Well.
Next huge rip off is that steve brinn. I hope that this honest pediatrician eating his sh*t now. F**ing scambag. Sent me crap and disappeared.
Lst rip off is this uber-popular Lunar 2 display case i recieved..
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:51 pm

5 - not even sealed Metal Gear Solid $50 - arrived used and not sealed as stated. This was the days before Paypal sided with buyers and belived fraud sellers, lost all $50
4 - crushed to shit Majoras Mask $65 - took risk in auction with no pictures and wasted $65, game was sent in envelope and wrapped in scotch tape, yes scotch tape!
3 - resealed Donkey Kong 64 $70 - seller refunded $20, im out $50
2 - resealed Arcana $90 - in the works..
1 - not even sealed Tactics Ogre $200 - BIN was advertised as factory sealed, lost half my money plus game which I sent back. Process took 1 month

yobo
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 710
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:23 pm

[quote="Startyde"]Which then reminded me of the time I sold a Sealed Sega Nomad and sent it through UPS (THE BEGINNING OF MY HATRED) and when the buyer got the package, there was a huge hole in the box and the Nomad was missing...causing him to flip out on me, and causing me to flip out on UPS...and even though I insured it, UPS denied me for 7 MONTHS before giving in.

Gawd, I hate UPS.quote]

oh yes, a little known secret is that Insuring your package is the worst possible thing to do. You would think that when a buyer pays for insurance that they are responsible for a lost or damaged item. Wrong! The seller allways gets raped in these cases and then raped even more when you try to ask for your money back from UPS. UPS then makes you wait for 6 months and then acts like the whole thing never happened untill you finally loose your nerve..and your money!

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:01 am

I hate UPS. brokerage fees up the ARSE. I call them and ask wtf this is and they can't even invent enough BS fees to add up to what they are charging to they call the rest "tax".

I don't know how they are still in business. Useless a-holes.
striker
striker

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:01 am

ofcourse you should all know my worst rip off was the "sealed" soul calibur 3, aka used to sh*t soul calibur 3 with a crumpled piece of glad cling wrap around it.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:04 am

striker wrote:ofcourse you should all know my worst rip off was the "sealed" soul calibur 3, aka used to sh*t soul calibur 3 with a crumpled piece of glad cling wrap around it.

How much did that shit cost you?

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:25 am

only 25$ lol.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by phear3d Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:17 pm

the biggest problem with UPS is that they never really care about their packages. I've seen UPS guys with IPODs when they were nearly $500 (yeah i wonder where they got them.... )

i remember awhile back (this was fedex btw), the delivery man came to our door looking for the address on the box he was carrying. it doesn't seem like it was for us, but he kept insisting that he should leave it and if someone claims it, give it to them. we were scratching our heads but to shut him up (this went on for 20 mins), we decided to take it. over a month later nobody claimed the package, and im sure someone was pissed off over where its supposed to be. we opened it eventually and found a bunch of Adhair and other drug samples.. i guess it was for a Dr's office. i've seen them do this quite often when they cant find the addresses. they have no choice but to put it back on the truck, and try again tomorrow. the whole process starts all over again and i guess thats why they want to leave them.

i usually look at peoples feedbacks before i bid. if they have 1 negative feedback, even if they have 50,000 i'd like to know what that person says. i never had a problem with a seller except for brinn since he lied mostly about his shipping methods and for what looks like resealed auctions of his. i did however purchased a guide for ZOE and the person used a envelope so the guide got bent like a bendy straw. i took a picture and sent it to the seller and got a refund back but he didnt want the guide in return.

i
phear3d
phear3d
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:38 pm

phear3d wrote:i did however purchased a guide for ZOE and the person used a envelope so the guide got bent like a bendy straw. i took a picture and sent it to the seller and got a refund back but he didnt want the guide in return.

This is my biggest pet peve too. I have no idea why people can sell games for upwards of over $100 and then think an envelope is sufficient. Now, I always insist on them packing it in boxes, but even that doesn't help. One guy, I wrote please please use a box, do not use an envelope...they come damaged when an envelope is used...and he sent it to me in an envelope! I left neutral feedback because it wasn't damaged, but christ, does ebay not require litteracy anymore?
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:33 pm

Startyde wrote:
phear3d wrote:i did however purchased a guide for ZOE and the person used a envelope so the guide got bent like a bendy straw. i took a picture and sent it to the seller and got a refund back but he didnt want the guide in return.

This is my biggest pet peve too. I have no idea why people can sell games for upwards of over $100 and then think an envelope is sufficient. Now, I always insist on them packing it in boxes, but even that doesn't help. One guy, I wrote please please use a box, do not use an envelope...they come damaged when an envelope is used...and he sent it to me in an envelope! I left neutral feedback because it wasn't damaged, but christ, does ebay not require litteracy anymore?
THat's the reason of my THREE negatives. When a b*TCH sent sealed games in paper wrapping..
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by The Imp Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:22 am

My worst rip-off was probably a pre-order for Nintendo DS console. US$200, gone. :-(

Although, I'm currently arguing over more than US$1,000 in unsent purchases from ToysNJoys… that may yet turn out to be much worse.

As for sellers being dumb and sending easily-breakables with inadequate packaging: I paid about €200 for a factory-sealed Famitsu What's Shenmue? Dreamcast disk, and it was smashed to bits. Still sealed, but almost worthless.

The Imp
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:07 am

Startyde wrote:

This is one problem I have all too often. Most of the time straight after winning I eMail the seller and insist that they send in a strong box, especially if it's a GBA game. I then back this up with a personal note on my PayPal payment page. And STILL I receive GBA games in a padded envelope, crushed and squashed. I have a flattened copy of Ace Combat for the GBA that I keep around as a reminder of how stupid and uncaring some sellers can be
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:37 am

$300 for Super Mario RPG, said it was factory sealed, almost bought more games, after it came no seam and had left ebay, paypal did nothing except rule in my favor.... been two years and no money. Really good reseal though
bassman8866
bassman8866
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:38 pm

just wanted to let you know that finally i owned one bastard.

Dear Anton,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $35.50 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges. cheers
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_of_Industry Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:45 am

I've been pretty lucky. My bigger purchased have mostly been made from friends, so the stuff I got was top shelf.

Worst instance I can recall is my sealed Chrono Cross arriving with loose discs. Luckily, I got it for a pretty low price. It's too bad too, because the case, cellophane and seals are all perfect.

Captain_of_Industry
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down