Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed UK PSP Collection

+3
DJ Villa
pooch
Gemini-Phoenix
7 posters

Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed UK PSP Collection Empty Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed UK PSP Collection

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:59 pm

I've never really been a fan of handheld games a rule. After all, most of the time they're just lesser versions of their console brethren. Some do appeal to me though, especially if they are made specifically for the handheld and exclusive to just that platform, or if they form part of a sub-collection.

I am still waiting for Sony to release some kind of Limited Edition PSP here in the UK (The Crisis Core PSP has been released since making this initial post!). Japan and the US have a few, but I would rather have a UK spec machine (Eg, Spider-Man or Simpsons) ~ So far, i've not really been very keen on the PSP, and there are few games that take my fancy. My list of wanted PSP games is much shorter than other consoles. As with other consoles, I tend to just buy the PSP exclusives, or rereleases / updates of older games which have had a new lease of life on the PSP. EA and THQ can keep their annual movie tie-in's and annual franchises for all I care

My PSP collection is small (At the moment), but what it lacks in substance it more than makes up for in quality. I am mainly after RPG's, but make an exception for games that I know to be great fun, such as Crazy Taxi, Gitaroo Man, Powerstone, and Parappa! :)

Here is my collection of factory sealed UK PSP games:

~ ~ Pictures coming soon! Apologies! ~ ~

• Archer McLean's Mercury ~ (Added 21st July 2008)
  • Ashtonishia Story
  • Breath Of Fire III
  • Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
  • Death Jr II: Root Of Evil ~ (Added 21st August 2008)
  • Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Final Fantasy ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Final Fantasy II ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions
  • Gitaroo Man Lives!
  • Me & My Katamari ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Metal Gear Acid II
  • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops ~ (Added 27th February 2008)
  • Parappa The Rapper
  • Popolocrois
  • Power Stone Collection
  • Tales Of Eternia
  • Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth ~ (Added 3rd March 2008)
  • Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble ~ (Added 21st August 2008)
  • Wipeout Pure
  • Ys: The Ark Of Napishtim ~ (Added 27th February 2008)

EDIT: Since originally writing this post, my PSP collection has grown to over 20 titles. It's still a reasonably small collection though, but I do feel that there aren't a lot of games for the console that I am really that interested in. There are about a dozen other games I would like to have though, Crisis Core and Dracula X Chronicles being the two I am most keen to get hold of. I do feel as if the PSP is often overlooked and has drawn the short straw though, and so much potential has gone to waste in favour for the DS - Capcom and Konami are both guilty of favouring the DS over the PSP, which seems a shame.

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:15 am; edited 4 times in total
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed UK PSP Collection Empty Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed UK PSP Collection

Post by pooch Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:11 am

Can't wait to see your pics of all your collections. Don't forget to upload when you find the time!

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed UK PSP Collection Empty Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed UK PSP Collection

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:22 pm

In one go, I bought the following off one eBay seller (Dealer):

Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Me & My Katamari
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Ys: The Ark Of Napishtim

I'm especially pleased with the last two (Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Ys: The Ark Of Napishtim) as they both have the official PSP tear strip! It's especially rare to find sealed Konami games for PS2 and PSP here in the UK, so these were a nice addition!

I'm currently on a PSP binge, trying to "Catch up" so to speak, as I have neglected collecting for this console up until now. My list is getting much shorter now! Smile

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix on Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Added Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth today! Cool
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Villa Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:54 am

Nice collection.
As always pics would be appreciated when possible. Very Happy
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:33 pm

wow nice! hope we will see some pics in all of your great collection threads soon Smile !
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed UK PSP Collection Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:07 am

Pascal wrote:wow nice! hope we will see some pics in all of your great collection threads soon Smile !

Good things come to those who wait, my friend! Besides, less than 30 games isn't really worth taking a picture of to be honest. I will take pics when I have added a few more games to the list Smile
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Villa Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:20 am

OK Very Happy
It's not like we'll have to wait too long, at the rate you collect you'll have doubled your collection in a couple of months! Very Happy
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Hey. Nice collection you got going there.

Btw maybe you can help me check something.

The seal on your Popolocrois. Is it a standard sony seal with the tearstrip or is it shrinkwrapped.
I got a copy but it was shrinkwrapped. It seem odd that a Pal game is shrinkwrapped.

And something else. your Metal Gear Acid 2. Does your copy have the clear tearstrip or is it the usual where it says psp on the strip itself? The ones i have found pics on is clear. i dunno why this is so. Also it seem to be melted together at the opening of the case not the regular where you have the plastic going all the way past the box opening and you can feel the end of the plastic with your finger. I know it may be hard to understand wth i am talking about but i dont have a good enough camera to show it.

Thanks for any assistance in this matter. wave !

Chief
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dude_20 Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Chief wrote:Hey. Nice collection you got going there.

Btw maybe you can help me check something.

The seal on your Popolocrois. Is it a standard sony seal with the tearstrip or is it shrinkwrapped.
I got a copy but it was shrinkwrapped. It seem odd that a Pal game is shrinkwrapped.

And something else. your Metal Gear Acid 2. Does your copy have the clear tearstrip or is it the usual where it says psp on the strip itself? The ones i have found pics on is clear. i dunno why this is so. Also it seem to be melted together at the opening of the case not the regular where you have the plastic going all the way past the box opening and you can feel the end of the plastic with your finger. I know it may be hard to understand wth i am talking about but i dont have a good enough camera to show it.

Thanks for any assistance in this matter. wave !
Pal games are usually with the PSP tear strip. Take breath of fire 3 as an example. It was never released on the PSP for the US. The Pal version has this, and I would assume that all of them would be that way in that region. NTSC (US) games are only y-folded without the PSP tear strip.
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone?
Dude_20
Dude_20
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:44 am

Yea you are right, US games dont have the tearstrip for most part anyways.
But i am alittle puzzled why someone would reseal a game like popolocrois. its not like its rare or anything.

I just want it comfirmed by someone with the same game cause i cannot find a single sealed picture on the web.

Chief
cartridge only
cartridge only

Back to top Go down

Post by dconway321 Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:52 am

dconway321
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:22 am

Chief
cartridge only
cartridge only

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:07 am

Chief wrote:Hey. Nice collection you got going there.

Thanks! My PSP collecting has taken a bit of a back-seat to other collections lately, so I just pick up a game or two here and there whenever I can. Crisis Core is still one game I haven't gotten around to getting yet though, and there's a few others on my wishlist which seem to be hard to get hold of sealed, such as Metal Gear Acid, Portable Ops II, and SIlent Hill (Hardly surprising as all are Konami releases)

Recently added Archer McLean's Mercury, mainly because it was dirt cheap! Lol.

Chief wrote:The seal on your Popolocrois. Is it a standard sony seal with the tearstrip or is it shrinkwrapped.

It's as most PSP games 'should' be, with the proper PSP tear strip

That's Ok, I understand what you mean having encountered similar things in the past. My Metal Gear Acid 2 is sealed in cellophane with "Y" style folded ends, but has no tear strip at all, although Portable Ops does. From your description above, I would guess that the "Feel" of the cellophane of your copy is perhaps "Less quality" than normal sealed games? Am I right? Does the texture feel thinner and more "Crinkly"? Sorry for being so vague, but I can't really describe what I mean any other way. At any rate, I would suspect that your copy has been resealed by a wholesaler, which I have come across before with a few Konami PS2 games I have bought (Mostly Suikoden V) from certain eBay sellers
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:16 am

The metal gear acid 2 game is exactly like an ordinary game seal just that the tearstrip dont have psp logos on it and it has yfolded ends, but like i said there is a melted seam right in the middle of the opening end of the box that just dont feel authentic. I guess this is some form of reseal, i just didnt think it would come with a tearstrip that all.

Thanks for your input gents. :top:

Chief
cartridge only
cartridge only

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:29 pm

Recently added Death Jr II: Root Of Evil (Which is a nice sealed Konami game to add to the collection!), and also Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:19 am

Just been checking through some threads and turns out I had created two almost identical threads for the PSP!

Below is the initial opening post from my earlier thread which was created about six months before this one:

Gemini-Phoenix wrote:"Before the PSP even came out, I knew I wanted one. I recognised the potential such a machine could have, yet Sony have still yet to exploit the power of the PSP to it's fullest, and it's mainly the third party developers who seem to be making the most of it.

There's not really a lot of PSP games that actually interest me. There's several PlayStation rereleases or remakes, and various "Collection" discs comprising of a number of older titles from teh 16bit era. We are only now seeing collections of 32bit games, as well as classic Dreamcast game compilations (Such as Power Stone or Crazy Taxi collections). It's good to see the UMD format has it's uses!

Every now and again there comes a game or two that is unique to the PSP. Be it a new IP or a new chapter in an already existing franchise. In reality, there are actually very few games that have broken new ground on the PSP, with many games being cut-down versions of PS2 games; Rereleases; Remakes; Or straight ports... Or sequels.

I have still yet to get a PSP myself. The new "Slim & Lite" looks more appealing than the original model, and doesn't suffer from the few design flaws that plagued the original PSP. Now if only Sony Europe would take note from Sony Japan and release some kind of Limited Edition consoles every now and again..."

After a subtle bit of merging and editing, the thread should now make sense, with the later thread info taking the place of the earlier post and the latter ceasing to exist
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down