Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please!

3 posters

Go down

Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please! Empty Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please!

Post by striker Fri May 30, 2008 4:52 am

Hi fellow sealed collectors. I bought a copy of Power Stone for the Dreamcast sealed. Needless to say, it was in CRAP condition!

This is the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140234799549&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=004

He claims it's 100% sealed, never played an "Perfect" condition. Nowhere does he mention a single problem~! Here are some photos of the massive sticky residue (it was sticking so hard to the packing envelope it almost ripped the seal as I took out the game!) and the crack on the case! The seal is also very loose, not at all tight like some of my other seal dreamcast games, could it be a reseal? I can provide more HQ pictures at any angle if you need to help me find out if it's reseal or not.

Here are the pics (Click to make BIG):

Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please! P1010174zi6.th

Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please! P1010175uo6.th

Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please! P1010176bs2.th

Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please! P1010178ej9.th

Help guys, I'm kind of new at this sealed stuff and I've never been duped like this before. Now I'm no connoisseur but even I can tell that this is in very poor poor condition. I have used games better than this. What should I do! I've already contacted the seller asking what he can do but I don't have too much hope. Can eBay or PayPal help if he doesn't respond?
striker
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please! Empty Re: Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please!

Post by rarebucky Fri May 30, 2008 5:03 am

Couple of comments:

1. That is definitely factory sealed. Dreamcast seals aren't great which is why some are looser than others, but I can tell by the folds that is a factory seal.
2. This doesn't excuse misrepresentation but $55 for a sealed Power Stone is a great deal (even with the crack and residue), so I really wouldn't be that upset about the whole thing.
3. There were no pictures on the auction so as they say "buyer beware". I tend not buy on ebay without pics because you never know what you will get.
4. You can always sell it for more than you paid.
5. Not everyone are sealed collectors like us, so to non-collectors "sealed in perfect condition" can mean exactly what you received. In reality, it's not that bad. I've seen (and have) much worse.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please! Empty Re: Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please!

Post by striker Fri May 30, 2008 5:07 am

hey thx for your reply.

Hmm so at least it isn't resealed. Any tips for at least removing the residue?
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Fri May 30, 2008 5:47 am

People here have suggested using "Goo Gone" to get rid of residue. I have not tried it myself as I am afraid to use any kind of cleaning products on plastic. I typically just use a piece of scotch tape and try to pull off the residue. It usually works, you just have to be careful not to pull off the wrap Smile

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Fri May 30, 2008 10:32 am

I'd better use c2h5oh to remove glue. yes! That's how i do it.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please! Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat May 31, 2008 6:22 am

Hey big thanks to DJ Villa for the WD40 trick, worked very nicely! Here is what they look life after (feel free to add this to your sticky DJ Villa as further proof of the magic of WD40)

Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please! P1010180rs4.th

Ripped off on eBay! Help me decide what to do please! P1010183vm4.th
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down