Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long do you plan on keeping your sealed games?

+2
happyheed
type-r
6 posters

Go down

How long do you plan on keeping your sealed games? Empty How long do you plan on keeping your sealed games?

Post by type-r Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:07 am

Are you planning on selling your collection of games anytime soon? When do you plan on selling? When there is an explosion in the new/sealed market? When you desperately need the money? Do you sell on regularly? Or do you never intend to sell - will you pass it on to your next generation? Let me know your thoughts.
type-r
type-r
SGH crew member
SGH crew member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

How long do you plan on keeping your sealed games? Empty Re: How long do you plan on keeping your sealed games?

Post by happyheed Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:34 am

i never intend to sell my collection , it will be passed down to my boys Very Happy and they can decide what happens to it . they will hopefully keep it together but they will probably just see the £££££££'s !!
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Country : How long do you plan on keeping your sealed games? Flag_scotland
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

How long do you plan on keeping your sealed games? Empty Re: How long do you plan on keeping your sealed games?

Post by The Imp Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:03 pm

While I'm not planning to ever open any of my Factory Sealed games, I am prepared to do so once I'm convinced that they can be perfectly protected or replicated.

Furthermore, I'd rather leave them to a museum or library, if possible, instead of my family.

Apparently that has actually happened before:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/stanford-university/stanford-university-cataloging-huge-video-game-collection-250516.php
Shockingly, however, they're unsealing the sealed games to catalog them! I'll have to pick another university…

The Imp
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by HKFAN Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:29 pm

type-r wrote:Are you planning on selling your collection of games anytime soon? When do you plan on selling? When there is an explosion in the new/sealed market? When you desperately need the money? Do you sell on regularly? Or do you never intend to sell - will you pass it on to your next generation? Let me know your thoughts.

I will hold on to my collection for now. Passing it to the next generation? Cannot say.
Should there be a big hausse on the sealed games market, which I hightly doubt, I might reconsider selling.

As for all other sealed games. I'll try to sell them when the price is right! Wink

Take care!

HKFAN
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:01 pm

The Imp wrote:While I'm not planning to ever open any of my Factory Sealed games, I am prepared to do so once I'm convinced that they can be perfectly protected or replicated.

Furthermore, I'd rather leave them to a museum or library, if possible, instead of my family.

Apparently that has actually happened before:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/stanford-university/stanford-university-cataloging-huge-video-game-collection-250516.php
Shockingly, however, they're unsealing the sealed games to catalog them! I'll have to pick another university…

I would like my collection to be put into a museum of sorts, but obviously one that is intent on preserving the original condition

The way I see it, money is abundant and can be obtained in various other ways. Rarities are not, and should be preserved regardless of the cost. If you have one, you should never let it go. No matter how desperate I may ever be for money, I don't think the need will ever outweigh my beliefs
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : How long do you plan on keeping your sealed games? Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MCJD4ever Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:20 am

Hopefully I can keep it forever. I'm trying to save money (I may be taking a break from collecting soon - too bad all the games I tended to like as a kid are so expensive now!) and move into a house...so, I will probably dedicate a portion of a room to my collection.

Or, i was thinking of leaving all my games in a safe at a bank so if I ever got robbed or there was a fire at my place, my games would be totally safe!!

MCJD4ever
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down