Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions

+16
happyheed
Repason
Ostro
j.m.ratkos
bballno1
Sepeh
Kristof1982
fun2k
striker
jim.jupiter
yobo
Startyde
rarebucky
Gemini-Phoenix
Pascal
Dark Sol
20 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions - Page 5 Empty Re: Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions

Post by jim.jupiter Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:55 pm

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions - Page 5 Empty Re: Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions

Post by happyheed Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:37 pm

happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Country : Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions - Page 5 Flag_scotland
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jd-83 Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:01 pm

jd-83
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:18 pm

seller must be a marketing expert with a diploma in "how to scare away potential customers".

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:38 pm

I actually think it's factory sealed. i told jofinn on NA to revise his description as it's certainly not very attractive the way he's presented it.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Honesty is a virtue. I'd buy from the guy no problem.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Country : Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions - Page 5 Flag_usa
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:08 pm

haha rarebucky and your zelda N64 "factory sealed but no seam". Even VGA rejected it lol
striker
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Where did these zeldas come from? I see them everywhere but when I bought mine I waited in huge lines and mine had a vertical seal.
bassman8866
bassman8866
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 380
Country : Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions - Page 5 Flag_usa
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:35 pm

If it has ventholes it's factory sealed. It's not possible to replicate the ones on Zelda 64 because they cover almost the entire shrinkwrap.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by jd-83 Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:04 pm

What about "Weight Different From Other Examples"?

jd-83
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:10 pm

I have no idea what that means.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:55 pm

people dont know that OOT was sealed 3 or 4 different ways lol.

jofinn's copy IS factory sealed but nobody wants to mess with this stuff. Everybody expects the popular versions!

yobo

Number of posts : 710
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Man, I was screwed so bad it is actually humorous.

So I BIN this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=300269814596

Which, from the description sounds like a easy snag.

I received it today and it was packed awesome, totally great job. Except:

1. The plastic wrap is gone
2. The case is cracked in several places
3. The PS Sticker Strip at the top is not only split (aka opened) but taped on to the top of the game with scotch tape.

Honestly sellers...W...T...F...lol...
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 pm

That's ridiculous. File your dispute asap.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:26 pm

I can smell negative feedback on the horizon..

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:28 pm

rarebucky wrote:That's ridiculous. File your dispute asap.

Did so before this post. I'm actually giddy and laughing from the whole thing because it is so retarded. Did he think he would get away? I mean, I only mention the packing job because he just wasted minutes of his life carefully packing up a piece of crap (well, a MIB MVC is not exactly crap...but still, MIN + Sealed = Beat to Hell + Used?)

Man, where is my camera...it's unreal.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:31 pm

lol, the $70 BIN and no picture is where you look for the problom right away.

Even if you get your money back, you should still neg him.

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:36 pm

yobo wrote:lol, the $70 BIN and no picture is where you look for the problom right away.

Even if you get your money back, you should still neg him.

You'd be surpised how many amazing finds you get from people who don't have pics. I myself dont have a camera half the time, and my wares are A-mazing. Some of my best deals come from peeps with good feedback and relatively thoughtful descriptions.

I thought a high 90 feeback seller who said MINT and Factory Sealed couldn't be too far off. LOL 2 Me.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Back to top Go down

Post by bojay1997 Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:57 am

jd-83 wrote:What about "Weight Different From Other Examples"?

Most likely it's a Canadian version. I believe Walmart in Canada got the CE of Zelda and it came with a second French language manual which resulted in a slightly heavier package. That would also explain the different seal as the distributor had to re-shrink them after the second manual was inserted.

bojay1997
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Boy-Pokemon-Blue-Red-Yellow-Brand-NEW-Sealad-Box_W0QQitemZ400006781847QQihZ027QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Someone needs to get this ass off ebay. He keeps posting crappy resealed games. Sorry, I mean "resealad" games. Turkey doesn't know shit about US factory seals Smile

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:35 am

rarebucky wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Boy-Pokemon-Blue-Red-Yellow-Brand-NEW-Sealad-Box_W0QQitemZ400006781847QQihZ027QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Someone needs to get this ass off ebay. He keeps posting crappy resealed games. Sorry, I mean "resealad" games. Turkey doesn't know shit about US factory seals Smile

Those are legit Rarebucky. He has hundreds of these that he found. They are just some international release with different seals thats all.

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:27 am

terrible sealing job.... i cant believe those are real, they dont look professionally sealed at all.
bassman8866
bassman8866

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:41 am

My guess is that they contain some sort of foreign manual as well. Some sort of difference in the U.S copies and those definatly.

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:54 pm

They're not legit. Take a look at the seams.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions - Page 5 Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next