Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Atari Jaguar Collection

2 posters

Go down

collection with picture(s) Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Atari Jaguar Collection

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:45 am

I've had these two games sitting around for ages, long forgotten. I've had a Jaguar since launch, yet never bought any games for it except the few I bought when it first came out. When I first discovered eBay, my initial intentions were to seek out and complete my Jaguar collection, and get hold of all those games that I had passed up in favour of the PlayStation. These were the first and only two games I bought before deciding the Jaguar scene was not for me, and I lost interest in the console and games some time ago

One thing I never really understood about Jaguar games is how to tell their origin. I know that there was great controvocy over the console at launch due to a lot of US machines getting converted to be sold to the unsuspecting UK public, and as the Jaguar was multi-region, many US games infected the UK market. One obvious sign of origin is the ESRB logo, which denotes a game of US origin, although not all games at the time had this. Another thing I have never been 100% sure on is how to tell a factory sealed copy from a reseal, although I believe factory sealed copies have a thick vertical seam down the back and exhibit hanging tabs

The two games I bought were Tempest 2000 and Flashback, two of the better and more popular games on the system at the time. I was actually bidding on about a dozen games from the same seller, who also had games such as Alien Vs Predator, Doom, Brutal Sports Football, and Power Drive, yet these two were the only ones I won. I really wanted AvP and Tempest 2000 the most, but I was happy with my winnings. I already had Doom, and Brutal Sports Football would've been nice to have as it's one of my favourite games of the era, but Tempest 2000 was a good compromise.

I can't remember exactly how or when I lost interest in the Jaguar, but I think it might have been the fact that sealed games for the console were both scarce and expensive. And at the time I wanted to focus more on the Dreamcast and N64 games, as they were becoming harder to get hold of and getting more expensive, as well as wanting to focus more on PlayStation games.

As you can see in the pics below, both games are prime examples of perfectly sealed Jaguar games. Both have vertical seams, sharp corners, and untorn plastic, and both have unused / unpunched hanging tabs as well! Flashback is clearly of American origin, although it's hard to tell what region Tempest 2000 is from.

Both games are for sale if anyone is interested!

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Atari Jaguar Collection Tempest2000flashbackfroma3.th Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Atari Jaguar Collection Tempest2000flashbackbacrv0.th

Sealed Atari Jaguar games:

• Flashback
  • Tempest 2000
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Atari Jaguar Collection Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

collection with picture(s) Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Atari Jaguar Collection

Post by pooch Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:21 pm

Where is the pic? Razz

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:02 pm

pooch wrote:Where is the pic? Razz

Not sure. I believe ImageShack has some downtime at the moment, as a lot of people have reported their pictures have gone dead, and the site is inaccessable right now. I am sure they will reappear sometime
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Atari Jaguar Collection Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down