Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any regrets connected with sealed games?

4 posters

Go down

Any regrets connected with sealed games? Empty Any regrets connected with sealed games?

Post by Dark Sol Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:29 pm

Kinda interesting topic to discuss i guess.
I now have four major regrets about games.
1) fisrt and major i guess when several years ago i bought a sealed Phantasy Star 2.... and opened it! WAAAAHHH!! No
I am still searching for a sealed copy on ebay to no result. My biggest regret!
2) Second biggest regret i guess is when i got those resealed games from Brinn1. Hard to comment something here. I wanted them badly. And a result it was a big failure. Not to mention i hadn't got refunded at all.
3) first biggest regret i guess is when i was outbidded on Phantasy Star for SMS. Money wins... what else to add..
4) fourth i guess is when i opened sealed Flashback. oh hell..
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : Any regrets connected with sealed games? Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Any regrets connected with sealed games? Empty Re: Any regrets connected with sealed games?

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:13 pm

My biggest regret is what started out as simply common sense has now turned into an OCD obsession and has spread to other forms of media such as Dvd's and Cd's! Originally I kept games sealed until succh time I was ready to play them, or had the time. As I was buying more than I had time to play, the collection built up to the point that I probably have enough games to last me for the rest of my life!

My second regret is that I have since become obsessed with rarities as well, and preservation of such items in sealed condition.

I also have a few regrets about various rare games I have been forcced to open for whatever reasons, such as loose discs. I recently had to open a blister packed Smurfs for Mega Drive as the blister was so badly damaged and deteriorating, yet the game underneath was perfect! I also regret that quite a few of my rarer opened games are impossible to find sealed again, or worth quite a lot now
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Any regrets connected with sealed games? Empty Re: Any regrets connected with sealed games?

Post by striker Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:41 pm

I regret not being rich and having a gigantic collection.

I regret being in a hobby that I have to hide from general public as it is frowned upon and misunderstood

I regret that greedy resellers take advantage of us for being in this hobby

As for opening games or not buying when I had the chance, I was always dirt poor and up till now too young to buy games anyways so no real regrets there.
striker
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Imp Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:45 pm

Does "I regret that I'm not richer than I am" count? :-)

(oops, striker beat me to that one) :-)

I'm actually not good with memory over such a long term, so very few grudges or disappointments last all that long. I vaguely recall a couple of occasions that I looked back upon, something like a decade later, and decided that I should have left some games sealed; but, I can't remember any particular occasions.

Ooh, I've got one! But it's a lame story, and I'll probably get made fun of for it:

I once bought a pair of cartridge-only copies of Uno for the Gameboy Color off of eBay, when I thought that I was buying actual card decks of Nintendo-themed Uno. See, I normally browse with a text-mode-only browser, and only load images on demand if I think they're really important to what I'm doing. But this auction seemed to be exactly what I was after. Technically, the card decks are "Nintendo Uno"; while the Gameboy game is just "Uno" but for a Nintendo system (it might as well be "Nintendo Uno" to the masses, but it technically doesn't say that on the box/cartridge). But that makes no difference to eBay sellers, who usually don't know any better, and in any case don't expect that you couldn't tell from the picture what you were getting. I was disappointed, but decided that I'd sound like a crazy person if I tried to explain all of that to the seller; so, I just wrote that off as 'experience'.

Now, I pretty much always check the picture, even if I think I'm quite certain of what I'm getting. :-)

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."
-- Mikahl

The Imp
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down