Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part2)

+21
Nicodemic
bballno1
Sepeh
Adol
blarky
fun2k
sealeddreamcast
Gemini-Phoenix
Pascal
the duckst3r
phear3d
Startyde
bojay1997
dconway321
yobo
jim.jupiter
striker
bassman8866
Dark Sol
rarebucky
Kristof1982
25 posters

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part2) - Page 29 Empty Re: NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part2)

Post by yobo Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:39 am

yobo
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 710
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part2) - Page 29 Flag_usa
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part2) - Page 29 Empty Re: NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part2)

Post by rarebucky Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:30 am

Very easily. The system isn't sunfaded - that just happens to certain SNES systems depending on what factory they were molded in. Doesn't matter if it was new or used, it just happens to the plastic over time.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:50 am

No, looks legit to me. It has the horizontal overlap seal which is what this game came with.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:18 am

hmm that's a great price for robocop vs. terminator...

Didn't it go for ~200$ when plantda auctioned it w/ nothing but a stock picture and the words "brand new factory sealed" ??

Would buy it but I make a point of only buying games that I played and liked.
striker
striker

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Masterobweewan is just plain asshole. After the fact he sold repason 2500+$ worth reseals i am not buying anything from him. You can put ANY old system in plastic baggie and call it new. But it can't be yellowed INSIDE the box. That's simple impossible.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part2) - Page 29 Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:43 pm

That's not true DS. There are many articles on the web about the SNES yellowing. It has NOTHING to do with the system being inside or outside of the box. It will yellow over time regardless. But regardless, you're right, I wouldn't buy this anyway from him.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:52 pm

Everything yellows depending on make and material. Dreamcasts Yellow in their package, as do Transformers G1 Jetfires. It's just what happens.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part2) - Page 29 Flag_usa
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Then why do I have systems that dont yellow?
bassman8866
bassman8866
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:09 pm

I don't believe that system can yellow inside the sealed plastic and sealed box. Things yellow cause of chemical reaction of plastic and oxygen and direct sunlight . When system is sealed tightly inside anything and kept in dark place - there's no way it can yellow.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part2) - Page 29 Flag_russia

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Dark Sol wrote:I don't believe that system can yellow inside the sealed plastic and sealed box. Things yellow cause of chemical reaction of plastic and oxygen and direct sunlight . When system is sealed tightly inside anything and kept in dark place - there's no way it can yellow.

agreed
bassman8866
bassman8866

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:53 am

Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:15 am

it was posted here already. Smile
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:11 am

bassman8866 wrote:
Dark Sol wrote:I don't believe that system can yellow inside the sealed plastic and sealed box. Things yellow cause of chemical reaction of plastic and oxygen and direct sunlight . When system is sealed tightly inside anything and kept in dark place - there's no way it can yellow.

agreed

You're both 100% wrong - there is a detailed article on the web about this with SNES systems. It has to do with the plastic used to cast the top portion of some systems. I'll link it when I get a chance. Has absolutely nothing to do with the yellowing you are referring to. It's not all SNES systems - only certain ones from a certain production timeframe. This was discussed at length on digitalpress awhile back.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by phear3d Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:28 am

i read this awhile back, hope it helps.

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/189

“The plastics most commonly used to make the structural cases for electronic equipment are polypropylene, impact styrene, and ABS,” replied Deanin. “These all tend to discolor and embrittle gradually when exposed to UV and/or heat. They become oxidized and develop conjugated unsaturation, which produces color. They crosslink or degrade, which causes brittleness.”

From looking at a stamp on the Super Nintendo’s plastic case, I learned that the case is composed of ABS, which is a rugged, durable plastic that is sadly more susceptible to discoloration and degradation from both UV and heat than the alternatives.

“There are other plastics which would be more stable,” Deanin continued, “but manufacturers avoid them because they are more expensive and/or more difficult to process.”

Instead of using more expensive plastics, manufactures put additives known as stabilizers, absorbers, or blockers into the plastic mixture to reduce the effects of degradation. They also get creative with their use of pigmentation.

“Since most discoloration is toward yellowing, some manufacturers add a little blue to neutralize the yellow,” Deanin said. “This gives a temporary reprieve, but eventually the yellow keeps growing and overpowers it anyway.”
phear3d
phear3d
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:34 am

Some snes have the top part perfectly discolored while the bottom part remains unchanged. As rarebucky mentioned above, it all depends on and where the system was produced. Not all snes have this problom.

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:50 am

bassman8866
bassman8866

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:15 am

Beware! These are all reseals. And terrible reseals (they look good in the pictures though). This guy offered them to me 2 weeks in advance but i declined. He really does not know what he is getting himself into.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&satitle=&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=33405&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=videogames567&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:32 am

how can you tell?
bassman8866
bassman8866

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:48 am

bassman8866 wrote:how can you tell?

The guy sent me 15 pictures a few weeks ago showing all these games at every angle. They are terrible reseals for the exception of 2 of them.
They wouldnt be on ebay if i tought they are legit Wink

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:56 am

Thanks for posting that phear - that's the article I remember reading

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:19 am

yobo wrote:

The guy sent me 15 pictures a few weeks ago showing all these games at every angle. They are terrible reseals for the exception of 2 of them.

So they are ALL reseals?
bassman8866
bassman8866

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am

yobo wrote:

They all look pretty legit from those pictures. If anything, they are very good reseals.

How come he sent you offers specifically? Are you on some sealed game mailing list?
striker
striker

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:34 am

If they were legit I would have bought them all 2 weeks ago. You could doubt all you want and bid too if you think they are legit. Just take this as a heads up.

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:17 am

Just how come this guy showed them 2 you weeks ago? Very Happy You know him in person?
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:01 pm

yobo wrote:The guy sent me 15 pictures a few weeks ago showing all these games at every angle. They are terrible reseals for the exception of 2 of them.

please post these pictures here

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next