Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

System easiest to get complete sealed collection for?

+5
Gemini-Phoenix
Pascal
SONY
Shensu
Super Laydock
9 posters

Go down

System easiest to get complete sealed collection for? Empty System easiest to get complete sealed collection for?

Post by Super Laydock Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:16 pm

What do you guys figure is the system easiest to get a complete sealed collection for?

I know there are soo many systems out there, but was just wondering what you think.

My personal guess would be a system like the Tiger.com (yes, Iīll admit owning it, never played it though (still sealed of course in this case...).
It was a huge failure, games were all packed in blister seals and even the console itself was sold in blister packaging at some point.
So no one bought the games or system and both seem extremely easy to get.
That and and the fact that there arenīt that many games makes me think this is it.

But please enlighten me if you can think of a better one. Smile
Super Laydock
Super Laydock
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

System easiest to get complete sealed collection for? Empty Re: System easiest to get complete sealed collection for?

Post by Shensu Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:22 pm

NGage seems to be a pretty good choice. Well, there are many games (100+), but nearly no rare ones. Smile

Shensu
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Back to top Go down

System easiest to get complete sealed collection for? Empty Re: System easiest to get complete sealed collection for?

Post by Super Laydock Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:31 pm

Not that familiar with the system, but werenīt there a few very hard to find titles (aside readily available stuff like Fifa or something).
Also, where besides ebay, would you buy that stuff... does it even have fansites or the likes???

just thought about another one of these niche handhelds... Gizmondo???
Super Laydock
Super Laydock
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Shensu Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:14 pm

Second hand stores or eBay are your best choice. Of what titels are you thinking? The only hard one I heard of is Warhammer 40K - Glory In Death.
There are also two or three titels only released in the USA or in Australia, but even those are pretty simple to find.

The Gizmondo is a good choice, too! The handheld itself reaches high values, especially outside the UK, but in fact that there aren't so many games... Smile

Interstellar Flames 2 should be the rarest titel here, but if you really should be talking of "rare", naaaah! Wink

Shensu
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SONY Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:35 am

SONY PLAYSTATION 3, because it's less than a year old. :P :joker:
SONY
SONY
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-20

http://www.jp.playstation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:57 am

I think Gizmondo is a real good choice Smile ! only 14 games Smile !

Last edited by on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : System easiest to get complete sealed collection for? Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:24 am

The Tiger Game.com is a really easy system to collect sealed games for. There was only about 20 games released for it, and most can be found on eBay sealed for about a fiver. Maybe cheaper if you check eBay.com opposed to eBay.co.uk...

I would also say the N-Gage too, as many of these games can be found dirt cheap. The only problem is, the last handful of games are really hard to get hold of, so you'll be chasing a few titles for quite some time... That is, unless you go for the US releases, in which case it is easier.

The Dreamcast is also a good choice. Whilst there are some titles that are priced quite high, the majority of sealed Dreamcast games can be found cheaply. There are some games that are super hard to find sealed though, so if it's a complete set you're aiming for, then expect to chase a few titles for a long long time, and pay a lot for them!

UK / Euro DS games are also a good choice, as there are plenty about, and most of them are easy to spot as they have the tear strips.
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : System easiest to get complete sealed collection for? Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkside Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:37 am

The 3DO I'd say, although there are some medium-rare Games, but the standard Ones like Theme Park or D' can be found rather easily.
Darkside
Darkside
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:38 am

Jaguar CD is another one. Wasn't there like only 9 games ever released for it? Surely a very easy collection to obtain sealed!
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : System easiest to get complete sealed collection for? Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:50 pm

Gemini-Phoenix wrote:Jaguar CD is another one. Wasn't there like only 9 games ever released for it? Surely a very easy collection to obtain sealed!

I think so too !
Jaguar CD is a easy collection to obtain sealed! But I do not know if all 9 games are really common and if there are many ebay auctions... ?
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : System easiest to get complete sealed collection for? Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:54 am

Pascal wrote:
Gemini-Phoenix wrote:Jaguar CD is another one. Wasn't there like only 9 games ever released for it? Surely a very easy collection to obtain sealed!

I think so too !
Jaguar CD is a easy collection to obtain sealed! But I do not know if all 9 games are really common and if there are many ebay auctions... ?
If a system has had few games it does not mean it's easy to find them all sealed. Bandai Pippin had few games but to find ANY of these games either sealed or unsealed is a pain in the ass Smile
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : System easiest to get complete sealed collection for? Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazuya M Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Jaguar CD for me too (I donīt consider Gizmondo o N-Gage as important systems to collect). Another system is Neo·Geo CD.
Kazuya M
Kazuya M
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-12-20

http://www.beta-zero.com

Back to top Go down

Post by type-r Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:45 pm

The system that is unquestionably the easiest to complete is the japanese system SuperGrafx. It only ever released 6 games, all of which could be obtained in about 20 mins of internet shopping. Smile

The SuperGrafx was developed by NEC as a follow-up to the PC Engine but failed due to NEC completely getting the design of the system sooo wrong. It was huge compared to the PC Engine, which was only the size of about 3 CD's stacked together! Still the greatest console (PCE) that was ever made in my opinion!
type-r
type-r
SGH crew member
SGH crew member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down