Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tenchi's sealed Zelda Games

+4
Dark Sol
Gemini-Phoenix
Sammelhammel
Tenchi
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

collection with picture(s) Re: Tenchi's sealed Zelda Games

Post by Tenchi Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:45 pm

will get my sealed japanese version of Kekkaishi: Kokubourou no Kage for WII soon Smile

this will be my second sealed WII game^^

Tenchi's sealed Zelda Games - Page 2 Pa.98525.1

Tenchi
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Tenchi wrote:

before i forget, there is an US NTSC version of this game, where the bonus game is within the same package as the wind waker. and the cover looks different than the standard one. on the first half there is the wind waker logo and on the other half there is the ocarina of time and master quest logo. maybe anybody sees that version sealed anywhere Very Happy

This game was released with a Gamecube bundle in Canada only. To find the game complete on Ebay is doable not too difficult but I have NEVER seen a sealed one. I know of ONE only ONE French collector who MAY have a sealed one but I have not confirmed with him yet.

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Gemini-Phoenix wrote:It would be nice if we could confirm which games did and didn't come sealed though, as I have seen sealed copies of Sin & Punishment (N64) on eBay, but have been told by some people on other forums that this game did not come sealed, so ther is much cofusion

I collect N64 Jap games so I can confirm 100% positive that NONE of the Jap N64 games are sealed. I bought Sin and Punishment new when it came out and it was never sealed. You can also confirm this with Adol as he has a full set.

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by The Imp Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:58 am

Hello Tenchi, good to see that you're making progress already!

Just thought I'd add my two cents about Pokémon Box too:

Gemini-Phoenix wrote:Pokemon Box was released in limited numbers on the VIP site. I think it had a run of 2,000 the first time, and then another 2,000 a few months later. That is all as far as I know.
Very true for Europe. In Australia, though, it was available at retail in unknown quantities (most unusually, I bought one of mine from a walk-in retail shop). In the US, it was available at retail, but only from the Nintendo World Store, a single shop in New York. I'm not sure about Japan, but the Japanese version is very, very easily obtainable (even sealed) and this suggests that it was probably available at retail (certainly, many import shops had multiple copies at release). There are two Japanese versions (one with a Memory Card and Link Cable, the other just the disc), and both are probably equally available (I haven't checked in a while). The Australian release, though PAL, is easily distinguishable from the European release because it has the (now older style) OFLC logo printed on the actual box (not just a sticker).

Jaffar Sholva wrote:Yeah pictures would be nice. I thought japanese Games aren't sealed...
Japanese disc-based games (optical ie.; CD, GD, DVD, UMD and Blu-Ray, and also including magnetic disc games such as Famicom Disk System or 64DD) are almost universally Factory Sealed, and the exceptions are usually because of non-standard box sizes or promotional prizes or such. Japanese cartridge-based games are almost never sealed, the only major exception being Nintendo DS games, which do come Factory Sealed. Again, there are minor exceptions. Japanese PC games of any type, like in the west, are varied enough that no pattern can be relied upon.

pooch wrote:This game was released with a Gamecube bundle in Canada only. To find the game complete on Ebay is doable not too difficult but I have NEVER seen a sealed one. I know of ONE only ONE French collector who MAY have a sealed one but I have not confirmed with him yet.
I'm quite sure you're right, pooch. Console pack-in games (if they are an official pack-in) are never sealed (there may be rare exceptions, but I can't think of a single one). Originally, the games in console packs didn't come with boxes/cases (cartridge-based systems, usually). In recent times, they typically do, but usually a ghettoized version (a different cover with some distinguishing mark, similar to a platinum/greatest hits/whatever re-release). The reason is always: so that you can't take the game back to a store (with someone elses receipt for the individual game) and get a full refund for just the game (or trade it equally for another full-price game). Although that makes it a little ironic that this particular game you're talking about is probably *more* valuable than both of the individual copies combined.

The Imp
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenchi Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:40 pm

on friday I've got one new thing for my sealed collection, but it isn't a game, it's a soundtrack:

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess Limited Soundtrack

Tenchi's sealed Zelda Games - Page 2 Zeldasoundtrack

I've got this for only 28 euros incl. shipping.

I think thats a really good price, because:
1. Wasn't released in Europe/Japan only US
2. Is going away on ebay (europe) for around 100 euros
3. Don't see them on ebay (world wide) anymore.
4. Didn't need to import this stuff from america Very Happy

Tenchi
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2