Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Legend Of Zelda Collection

4 posters

Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Legend Of Zelda Collection Empty Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Legend Of Zelda Collection

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:09 pm

My love of all things Zelda started in about 1994 with Link's Awakening. Back in the day, I had a choice between either Mystic Quest or Link's Awakening. I chose Link's Awakening, and to this day I still believe it is one of the greatest games ever created, possibly my second favourite game after Final Fantasy VII!

Ocarina Of Time was the main reason I bought a Nintendo 64, and I actually had to wait a week after release for the actual game as there was a shortage at the time! One week later, GAME (EB back then) delivered the game to my door, although it was sealed with circular stickers each end rather than the traditional cellophane. After a hearty rant to them on the phone, I kept it anyway, and is one of only a handful of N64 games in my collection which is not covered in plastic. After weeks of playing, I finally completed this epic game, and will probably never get rid of this cartridge as it holds all my save game data

Over the last decade, I have bought no less than three copies of Link's Awakening. The first copy I bought got stolen. I then bought a second copy, which then I traded in with my original GameBoy back in 1996, and used the cash from that deal to go towards buying my PlayStation. I then bought another copy months later, which I then sold again prior to Wind Waker's release, as the value had risen slightly for some reason, as the DX version was hard to get hold of at the time. I have never owned a copy of the DX version, and one of my few Zelda regrets is selling my Link's Awakening

My second Zelda regret is not buying the Minish Cap GBA SP bundle. For ages Toys R Us held the GBA SP in stock for full RRP, and I just could not justify spending that much on yet another GBA (I already had two GBA' and one GBA SP), and waited and waited for it to drop. Until recently they still had them, but have obviously removed them from sale now. I made up for it recently though with the purchase of the very limited Phantom Hourglass DS bundle ~ Only released to independant Nintendo retailers here in the UK (So not GAME, GameStation, or any other high street retailers), it is limited to only 1,000 pieces, and is very sought after across Europe amongst DS collector's and Zelda collector's alike

I also have various other Zelda games, but some have been opened to play (Wind Waker; Four Swords Adventures; Ocarina Of Time etc). I also have the Wind Waker GameCube bundle which came complete with a Limited Edition silver GameCube console. Possibly my second favourite Zelda adventure would be Minish Cap, followed by the insanely hard Oracle Of Ages. I never really liked the frst two NES games, nor the three CDi "Jokes" (Wand Of Gamelon; Zelda's Adventure; Faces Of Evil). Majora's Mask is another game I never really devoted enough time to, and I think many Zelda fans tend to forget about this particular adventure and focus mainly on the other games in the series. I prefer the traditional "Top down" RPG style over the modern "3D" worlds, which is probably why I prefer the handheld adventures more

My ultimate personal Zelda "Holy Grail" would be a sealed copy of Link's Awakening or Link's Awakening DX for the GB / GBC. Along with Pokemon Crystal, this game is the only other game I would sell my soul to own!

Here is my collection of Sealed UK PAL Zelda games:

~ ~ Pictures coming soon! ~ ~

• The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Ages ~ UK GameBoy Color
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Seasons ~ UK GameBoy Color

• The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past / Four Swords ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • The Legend Of Zelda (NES Classics) ~ UK GameBoy Advance

• The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Pack-in version with Phantom Hourglass branded DS console) ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland

• The Legend Of Zelda: Majora’s Mask ~ PAL Nintendo 64

• The Legend Of Zelda: Collector’s Edition (Nintendo VIP exclusive) ~ UK PAL GameCube
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess ~ UK PAL GameCube

• The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess ~ UK PAL Wii ~ (Added 4th March 2008)

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Legend Of Zelda Collection Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Legend Of Zelda Collection Empty Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Legend Of Zelda Collection

Post by Undead Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 pm

-.-

make picture for your topics, thus we can see your collection Sad
Undead
Undead
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 101
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Legend Of Zelda Collection Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Back to top Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Legend Of Zelda Collection Empty Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Legend Of Zelda Collection

Post by DJ Villa Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:44 pm

Nice collection, Now is the time to get the ocarina of time if you have plans to get it as it has come down quite a lot just recently. Very Happy
That'd make a truely awsome zelda collection Smile
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:22 am

Added The Legend Of Zelda (NES Classics)

I would love to have a sealed Ocarina Of Time. But if it's a choice between that and buying a dozen other sealed games for other consoles, then i'll go for the majority. At the end of the day, there will always be copies of Ocarina Of Time in the hands of collector's, and its price will fluctuate over the years. I'd want a perfect example though, and lately there's been a lot of slightly damaged examples on eBay, hence why the price seems to have gone down at the moment

I would really love a sealed Link To The Past more though, but my ultimate Zelda holy grail would be either a sealed Link's Awakening or sealed Link's Awakening DX (Or both)
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:48 pm

Finally got around to adding Twilight Princess for the Wii! Smile
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Woot, Twilight Princess and Link's Awakening (Link to the Past third) are the best Zelda games out there, imo. You have great taste.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Legend Of Zelda Collection Flag_usa
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down