Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about playstation 1 games...

4 posters

Go down

Question about playstation 1 games... Empty Question about playstation 1 games...

Post by JRedmond3 Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am

I know what the answer is going to be, but were there any PS1(cd case) games that had sealed versions Without the security strip on the top. Bought a copy of Suikoden 2 that sadly does not :-(

JRedmond3
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Question about playstation 1 games... Empty Re: Question about playstation 1 games...

Post by Pascal Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:02 am

Game Quest Direct had run a couple of reprints without the security strip on top (e.g. Persona and rhapsody a musical adventure). Suikoden 2 definitly doesn't have any sealed reprint versions so your copy is a resealed one Sad ...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Question about playstation 1 games... Empty Re: Question about playstation 1 games...

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:35 am

Pascal wrote:Game Quest Direct had run a couple of reprints without the security strip on top (e.g. Persona and rhapsody a musical adventure). Suikoden 2 definitly doesn't have any sealed reprint versions so your copy is a resealed one Sad ...

Was it Persona II, rather than the original?

I remember some controvocy a while ago regarding these two games and how they suddenly "Appeared" out of nowhere. Some speculated that they were old stock that was "Found" and sold at a budget price; Some say they were store "Returns" which were refurbished and rereleased minus the laser label and sold through a few major game stores in the US.

I also heard that this company (Game Quest Direct) decided to "Rerelease" the game against the wishes of Sony, which is why they don't exhibit the white laser labels, as officially they shouldn't have been reproduced and rereleased without Sony's permission. The reasons why these two games were piccked to be "Rereleased" is unknown, but it is probably to do with demand outweighing supply, and hence the price of sealed copies of the original releases going sky-high (Above $200 in some cases!) ~ Naturally though, many collector's seek the original copies rather than these "rereleases" and are willing to still pay top Dollar for the versions which have the white laser label, opposed to the ones that don't

Persona II I was lucky to get about a year before these "Rereleases" came out, so i'm happy, although it is a pain in the arse to try and find an original copy of Rhapsody still sealed with the white label.
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:47 am

yeah of course it was the second part of Persona ...

The reason why they released those games is that they have found a big number of printed copies. They only changed the backside cover ....
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maxpower Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm

I have a final fantasy origins, greatest hits that has no white strip. I bought it from Amazon, so I don't think it was resealed.

maxpower
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down