Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start of my sealed collection

+16
part one
Sammelhammel
hello
Sepeh
Ed
everythings_magic
greencube22
Dark Sol
Dude_20
Jaffar Sholva
Pascal
Shensu
Gemini-Phoenix
dconway321
happyheed
bballno1
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

collection with picture(s) Re: Start of my sealed collection

Post by bballno1 Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:11 pm

part one wrote:Why do you even care? Don't explain yourself to people who have nothing better to do than start a moral discussion about stuff like that - Pimply haters who are more concerned about what others do than to start a life of their own..and just because they can't get no p*ssy they think they invented the true love for games and nobody else grew up with that stuff and pays its proper respect.

im glad you guys have taken my side on this, i dont know what else to say about it now. yeah i guess i shouldnt care and probably shouldnt have even wasted my time replying but i guess he just caught me in an angry moment lol

cant understand people like that but who gives a shit, he's gone now so i guess thats the end of it cheers
bballno1
bballno1
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dconway321 Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:42 pm

A great discussion and i will throw my two penny worth in. I think there are definitely a few people now that are beginning to cash in on collectors who are willing to part with hard earned cash for games, these people are not collectors and are simply traders in it for the money, not saying at all thyats what Bball is because i don't know his situation, but quite simply most "collectors" would rather loose their right arms than sell their games from their collections, but there is definitely a new breed of traders whose soul purpose to is make money from us collectors and need to weeded out. I am not adverse to making money but not at the expense of my collection, and i think that would be the feeling of most collectors.

Everybody has their reasons for selling part of their collection, and i can see genuine reasons why somebody would want to, but if somebody purchases a game and then within a couple of weeks is selling it for double what they paid, they are clearly out to make money and should declare themself as such, and not be a part of a collecting website.

These comments are just general and are not entirely related to this thread, but there are certain e-bayers who have no interest in collecting, i am talking about the people who sell items on ebay two days after buying it, and put "its a double from collection" which is clearly BullSh*T

dconway321

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:56 pm

yeah i understand what you're saying, i mean this is kind of a sudden thing like i wasnt planning to sell it all but at the end of the day i kinda realised that under the circumstances that it has to go

but as i said before im not completely out of the collecting, just temporarily until i get a decent cash flow, then i will start of again. its an expensive hobby and i just dont have the money for it at the moment

although it sucks that i collected it all and now it has to go, i think with ebay there will always be another copy of what you have, you've just got to be paitent and eventually it will turn up on and by that time i should have the money to replace the stuff ive had to sell. although i should imgaine i will be paying double for most of it to have it back again!
bballno1
bballno1

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:03 pm

this being said aswell though, if you see something on ebay going for exceptionally cheap then i dont see the harm in making a small profit on it, like i bought pokemon silver as it was very poorly advertised, i ended up winning it for £3.20, i put it up for auction and it sold for £31, which i then put that money towards more sealed stuff for my own collection. like i dont see any harm in that?
bballno1
bballno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:13 pm

bballno1 wrote:this being said aswell though, if you see something on ebay going for exceptionally cheap then i dont see the harm in making a small profit on it, like i bought pokemon silver as it was very poorly advertised, i ended up winning it for £3.20, i put it up for auction and it sold for £31, which i then put that money towards more sealed stuff for my own collection. like i dont see any harm in that?
no harm at all. It's just a deal. There are numerous deals out there on ebay. Very Happy
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:47 pm

"hello" kind of has a point.

The only reason I could find to sell a game is if you find a better copy and sell your old one.

I was about to put my whole collection, like many are doing, but last second, like dconway said, I couldn't stand the thought of never getting the rare ones back again. A true collector (rare) would give back to the world for a FAIR price (maybe a bit more than what he originally paid) to help out another collector. So far, the only person on this forum willing to take even a risk of loss is rarebucky. Everyone else has underlying greed and I'm sorry to have to be the one to say it.
striker
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ostro Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:13 pm

So you would keep your collection and rather live a bad life (and suffer from all the things that come with it) w/o money?
I don't think so. If you do, you're not a real collector but a freak who seriously needs help. No
Ostro
Ostro
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 123
Country : Start of my sealed collection - Page 3 Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://kris.mkrevo.de/collection/

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:27 pm

Ostro wrote:So you would keep your collection and rather live a bad life (and suffer from all the things that come with it) w/o money?
I don't think so. If you do, you're not a real collector but a freak who seriously needs help. No

yeah thats what im saying, if you're very hard up for money, losing your sealed collection sucks alot but is no longer top priority

its easy to say that you would keep your collection no matter what, but once your in a situation where you have like no money at all then i think you would start to think twice about it
bballno1
bballno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:31 pm

i will take my sealed shining force 2 straight to the grave! Laughing yes!
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Number of posts : 2150
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:45 pm

Dark Sol wrote:i will take my sealed shining force 2 straight to the grave! Laughing yes!

that's what I'm talking about.

cheers

Come on now ostro, nobody is going to starve to death or become homeless, and if you are, you're going to need a lot more than a couple of sealed games to help you out of that!!
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:33 pm

I dont understand why you bitch when he puts a game up for a high price, if it sells then its a normal price. Some people here expect sealed games to be cheap. I think part of the collecting is the fact that the games are worth much, it would not be fun if the games where just as cheap as unsealed games but super rare. This is not charity.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:38 pm

pandaholic wrote:I dont understand why you bitch when he puts a game up for a high price, if it sells then its a normal price. Some people here expect sealed games to be cheap. I think part of the collecting is the fact that the games are worth much, it would not be fun if the games where just as cheap as unsealed games but super rare. This is not charity.

100% agree!
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:57 pm

sealed games are hard enough and cost lots of hard earned cash but when these "traders" start to bid against us for stuff then it makes all us real collectors life a lot harder . they artificially push up prices .
making money is good but they must be a more honest way of earning it ??
Very Happy from a true collector Very Happy
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Country : Start of my sealed collection - Page 3 Flag_scotland
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ostro Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:58 pm

striker wrote:Come on now ostro, nobody is going to starve to death or become homeless, and if you are, you're going to need a lot more than a couple of sealed games to help you out of that!!
Studying, living on your own etc. pp isn't too easy if you come out of nowhere and don't have a million-daddy behind your back.
10 years later you will earn enough to buy your old collection 5 times a month, so what.

So, it's more like whenever someone sells a game because of lack of interest, space, money or whatever he's a shithead who gives a damn about collecting and only wants the cash?

You can get 2 month of living out of any small collection and that's worth it if you can't do it any other way.
Debts aren't cool in Germany btw - once you're into that and don't have a great income they will come and distrain all your valuable stuff that a normal guy doesn't need.
Ostro
Ostro

Number of posts : 123

http://kris.mkrevo.de/collection/

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:18 pm

happyheed wrote:sealed games are hard enough and cost lots of hard earned cash but when these "traders" start to bid against us for stuff then it makes all us real collectors life a lot harder . they artificially push up prices .

sory if this wasnt directed at me happyheed (its hard to tell if it was or not on here) but if it was then my answer is that i dont have 'a more honest way of earning it', i dont have any other way of earning it, thats why i have to sell my collection.

and as for this 'true collector' thing, and the people who claim im not one, i think its kinda BS to be honest. just because im willing to sell my stuff under the circumstances, it doesnt mean im not a 'true collector' - to be honest I dont even know what a true collector is anymore, aparently im not 1 though lol

i think the only people who you could maybe say arent true collectors are people as happyheed says who are purely in it for the profit and couldnt really care about building up a collection, only selling stuff as they buy it, but imo i dont think anyone has the right to say someone else isnt a true collector, just my opinion

lol i cant believe a couple of ebay auctions have started all this but i guess one good thing came out of it, my page views have reached the big 1000 lol cheers :top:
bballno1
bballno1

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:18 pm

bballno1 wrote:
happyheed wrote:sealed games are hard enough and cost lots of hard earned cash but when these "traders" start to bid against us for stuff then it makes all us real collectors life a lot harder . they artificially push up prices .

sory if this wasnt directed at me happyheed (its hard to tell if it was or not on here) but if it was then my answer is that i dont have 'a more honest way of earning it', i dont have any other way of earning it, thats why i have to sell my collection.

and as for this 'true collector' thing, and the people who claim im not one, i think its kinda BS to be honest. just because im willing to sell my stuff under the circumstances, it doesnt mean im not a 'true collector' - to be honest I dont even know what a true collector is anymore, aparently im not 1 though lol

i think the only people who you could maybe say arent true collectors are people as happyheed says who are purely in it for the profit and couldnt really care about building up a collection, only selling stuff as they buy it, but imo i dont think anyone has the right to say someone else isnt a true collector, just my opinion

lol i cant believe a couple of ebay auctions have started all this but i guess one good thing came out of it, my page views have reached the big 1000 lol cheers :top:

no , not aimed at you , just a general feeling i have about the whole situation Very Happy
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Country : Start of my sealed collection - Page 3 Flag_scotland
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dconway321 Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:28 am

The webiste was designed to facilitate the hobby of sealed video game collecting i believe, and the website has a following of collectors, but there has definitely been an intrusion recently of people who are trying to tap into the Knowledge base, and there interests are not inline with majority of the members.

Most collectors would not buy an item that they do not own currently in their collection, and then within a few days sell it for an inflated price - reasons for selling are personal, but somebodys situation should not change dramtically within days that neccesitates the need to sell the game they actively sought just a few days prior.

I think that the art of collecting is that of collecting, and profiteering is a different art, and for a different domain.

dconway321

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:32 am

Agreed 100%.

Also, if you were really desperate for money, you would set your games to a low price so that maybe they would actually sell!

Setting a super high price means 1 of 2 things:

1) You don't really want to sell it, you rather want to show off that you have it or make connections (i.e. violentsnake did this a few weeks back I believe)

2) You're trying to make a big profit. (Look at the stuff in eBay stores which haven't sold in ages).

If you really wanted to sell something for what it is worth to a collector, you would start the auction at a low bidding price. Rarebucky is a perfect example of this.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:43 am

dconway321 wrote:The webiste was designed to facilitate the hobby of sealed video game collecting i believe, and the website has a following of collectors, but there has definitely been an intrusion recently of people who are trying to tap into the Knowledge base, and there interests are not inline with majority of the members.

Most collectors would not buy an item that they do not own currently in their collection, and then within a few days sell it for an inflated price - reasons for selling are personal, but somebodys situation should not change dramtically within days that neccesitates the need to sell the game they actively sought just a few days prior.

I think that the art of collecting is that of collecting, and profiteering is a different art, and for a different domain.

yeah I think so too. We will definitely watch the whole situation and maybe draw some conclusions...
If anyone spotted someone who only want to make the quick buck please send us a pm because this definitely can not be the reason to join our forum.

Second point:
We do not discuss any prices here. Everyone can get the value of any sealed game via a simple thread in our "What's it worth" section.
If someone set a price there is NO need to flame any thread... Everyone has the free choice to buy the items or avoid further selling threads of this user... (and of course its annoying if someone sells his/her sealed games to very high prices but like I said there is no need to flame someone ...)

I think what we all definitely do not want are resellers that make profit in our community ... so fellow collectors work togather and send us your queer matters ....

so please back to topic ...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:57 am

striker wrote:
Also, if you were really desperate for money, you would set your games to a low price so that maybe they would actually sell!
Setting a super high price means 1 of 2 things:

1) You don't really want to sell it, you rather want to show off that you have it or make connections (i.e. violentsnake did this a few weeks back I believe)

2) You're trying to make a big profit. (Look at the stuff in eBay stores which haven't sold in ages).
If you really wanted to sell something for what it is worth to a collector, you would start the auction at a low bidding price.

ok this is really starting to piss me of now, i dont have to explain myself to anyone to start with, what i do is my business but for the sake of you keep trying to argue it and crapping up the thread i will explain once more and thats it.

the first reason you say doesnt even make any sense, why would i want to show of that i have something when anyone who has seen this thread would know i have it anyway, i updated it ages ago saying that mario 64 console just arrived etc, like everyone else does. and by the way, why did you create a thread with games in? to show other people what you have right? thats part of the fun of it seeing what other people have etc so theres nothing wrong with that at all so stop trying to sound like ayou have a point when you dont

reason number 2 you stated: why am i selling at a high price? because i NEED to. just like ive said before i need to sell at a high price to raise the money i need. im glad you find it so hard to believe that someone is hard up for money and that you've got enough money to spare that you can afford to keep your collection but some cant, so you've got no right to question why im selling at a high price when you dont know my situation and to be honest its none of your dam business either

you also said "Also, if you were really desperate for money, you would set your games to a low price so that maybe they would actually sell!" yes, just like your first 2 'points' that makes alot of sense aswell! of course if im desperate for money i would want to sell for a low price! lol wtf are you talking about? thats the exact opposite of what i should be doing right now, i need to get as much as I can for them

so in all you really dont have an argument here do you? as sum1 else said, stop worrring about what i do and get on with your own life. also, just a piece of advice for next time you try to sound clever by bitching about someone else, have a point :top:
bballno1
bballno1

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:54 am

Laughing
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by bballno1 Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:57 am

striker wrote:Laughing

wow your funny! how long did it take you to think of that? that shitty little comment shows that you dont have anything to say so why dont you do us all a favour and shut the fuck up and sign of
bballno1
bballno1

Back to top Go down

Post by part one Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:25 am

I'm starting to get confused here..

let me get this straight: If you are a "true collector", and you have to sell some of your games it's not ok to sell a precious item that you love so much for a high price..why aren't there any gems for low bucks on ebay then? I assume no real collector sells on ebay with buy-it-now option. All real collectors are starting with 0.99 auctions and the rest just doesn't have the heart on the right place? In order to sell something it should always be non-profit, so another collector can get it for a charity-price? I find it funny how everybody thinks he got the true art of collecting all figured out and nobody else gets it. How about some tolerance? This is a tiny community. Don't make things more complicated than they should be - just enjoy the fact that there are a few other guys as passionate about games as you are.

Second question: If this is such a high-moral forum why are there threads named: "things you should I buy as a future investment"? Isn't that against the ideal of collecting?

I'm only asking, because I find it very strange how people get categorized so fast and without further info. Just because they're think they should at least get a few bucks for separating from a very precious item? Does that automatically lead to the conclusion that they aren't collecting out of all the right reasons? And who defines the right reasons anyway? I know a lot of collectors. And no one I know started collecting for the money. No collector I know doesn't spend (or at least spent) most of his sparetime gaming. If you want to make a quick buck you'd be stupid to invest in games anyway. There are a lot of much more profitable ways: how about stocks for example?

part one
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:38 am

If there was not prices this high, we would not have things called "bargains". BTW, remember its the demand that sets the price, do not expect just because this is such a small and special market that it would be different from any other. There are few people who has any kind of moral when it comes to the bottom, most collectors are greedy and would walk over dead people to get their "holy grail".

Come on do not expect Bball to sell the N64 for 100 £ if he can get 250 £ for it, why would he, because some sort of moral that less than 1/4 of the collectors have ?
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:02 am

bballno1 wrote:
striker wrote:Laughing

wow your funny! how long did it take you to think of that? that shitty little comment shows that you dont have anything to say so why dont you do us all a favour and shut the fuck up and sign of

lol it's funny because you got bent out of shape and I wasn't even directing anything at you. I don't give a crap about your auctions and I didn't mention a word of it in my post. I'm just stating some general FACTS.

If you want to set a high price then go ahead. But it doesn't mean people are going to buy it. Now, I don't even know what you are selling or for how much, but by the tone of your posts, it seems like YOU YOURSELF know that you are asking a price of it for more than it's actually worth.

I was just saying that if you are DESPERATE for money you should sell for a LOW PRICE because otherwise you won't SELL IT AT ALL. It's better to get some money then to get no money.

And when I say you make an auction just to show off, again, I wasn't talking to you! I was talking IN GENERAL. Yes, everyone would like to post their collections. I do it myself. Some people will post their items on eBay for a ridiculous price, then someone will e-mail them asking what else they have and away we go.

Again, this doesn't pertain to YOU!!! I don't know what you're selling, this post was a general discussion about collecting vs. investing and what a collector is and what a non-collector is
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next