Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe to remove price tag on a sealed SNES game while using Goo-gone?

3 posters

Go down

Safe to remove price tag on a sealed SNES game while using Goo-gone? Empty Safe to remove price tag on a sealed SNES game while using Goo-gone?

Post by doughboy Tue May 13, 2008 12:10 am

I've found a dynamite de-sticky-fier at my local arts & supplies store (can't remember the name off the top of my head) along with a little peeler thingy. I've used it before to remove tags on new items but there is a SNES game I've got which has a price tag on it ( Mad ) that I want to remove but I am scared it could damage the seal. I looked over the sticked guide but that seems a bit outdated since it mentions no goo removers.

Anyone have advice? I'll post pics of the tools later when I'm home Smile

doughboy
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Back to top Go down

Safe to remove price tag on a sealed SNES game while using Goo-gone? Empty Re: Safe to remove price tag on a sealed SNES game while using Goo-gone?

Post by Dark Sol Tue May 13, 2008 12:15 am

Removing some stickers may be a pain in the ass.
I found nothing better then fingernail peeling. :rabbit:
Water won't help with the glue, steam.. well.. it will damage only. c2h5oh .. well it will make a hole and discolour the whole thing.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : Safe to remove price tag on a sealed SNES game while using Goo-gone? Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Safe to remove price tag on a sealed SNES game while using Goo-gone? Empty Re: Safe to remove price tag on a sealed SNES game while using Goo-gone?

Post by happyheed Tue May 13, 2008 12:24 am

happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Country : Safe to remove price tag on a sealed SNES game while using Goo-gone? Flag_scotland
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by doughboy Tue May 13, 2008 1:51 am

Uhh, I said the guide does NOT go over how to use goo-gone and whatnot well. Those things you leave on for a little while and because they're based on ethanol (alcohol) it limits the glues effectiveness and makes it easy to remove the tag...

doughboy
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed Tue May 13, 2008 1:55 am

duhh , baby wipes are good Very Happy
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Country : Safe to remove price tag on a sealed SNES game while using Goo-gone? Flag_scotland
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down