Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game?

+9
Maximilian
happyheed
phear3d
Dazz
Dark Sol
Gemini-Phoenix
Pascal
DJ Villa
type-r
13 posters

Go down

What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game?

What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_lcap7%What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_lcap11%What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_lcap11%What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_lcap4%What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_lcap4%What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_lcap7%What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_lcap19%What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_lcap0%What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 27

What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Empty What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game?

Post by type-r Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:56 am

Just for fun... if you want you can also name it and state the price you paid for it.

I spent $300 for the game you see in my avatar Wink
type-r
type-r
SGH crew member
SGH crew member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Empty Re: What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game?

Post by DJ Villa Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:09 pm

I have put my vote in the $700-$999 catagory as this is what i paid (well around £400) for my FF advent pieces, strictly speaking it isn't just a game but a boxset but it's the most i've shelled out. Very Happy
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Empty Re: What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game?

Post by Pascal Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:09 pm

Nice thread idea!
I have paid around $410 for a game some years ago ...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Intresting topic! Nice to see a poll on it as well!

I chose the $200-$299 category, but didn't read it correctly and mistook it for Pounds Sterling (GBP) Embarassed

The most I have paid for a brand new, untouched, sealed game was £240 and £260 for Steel Battalion and Steel Battalion: Line Of Contact respectively (Both with controllers and sealed within their original brown shipping crates). The second highest I have paid for a single game is probably £140 for Halo III Legendary Edition during the week it was launched when you couldn't get it for less unless you had pre-ordered it.

As for other games, I can't really remember too much about prices paid (I know I should have kept a simple diary of such things), but I can recall paying roughly £75 for a sealed PAL Smash Bros for N64; Around £85 for sealed PAL Paper Mario for N64; Around £85 for sealed PAL Breath Of Fire III and same again for sealed PAL Blood Omen. Metroid II Return Of Samus for GameBoy is probably one of my more expensive pieces in my collection as well, costing about £82 if you all remember. Bioshock LE with the Big Daddy Figure for X360 I bought off eBay after release due to not pre-ordering it, and that cost me £75. Countless other rare games have been bought for between £50 and £90 over the years
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:07 pm

86$ for a sealed Phantasy Star 2 US NTSC.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:44 pm

$5, no really. Majority if not all were $5.
Dazz
Dazz
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://gametz.com/user/Dazz.html

Back to top Go down

Post by phear3d Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:22 am

i paid $70 for my sealed Lunar 2 Eternal Blue, and $70 for the sealed guide. but the most i've paid for a single game would probably be Guitar Hero 3 for the 360. its the only game i bought sealed and played, last year. it was a personal record Very Happy
phear3d
phear3d
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by type-r Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Hmm, who has paid $2000+ for a game? And what game was it?
type-r
type-r
SGH crew member
SGH crew member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by happyheed Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:01 pm

i paid £220 for papermario n64 sealed with red tear strip . £180 for zelda lttp sealed , about £100 for smash bros for n64 to name a few ....

Last edited by happyheed on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
happyheed
happyheed
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 539
Country : What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Flag_scotland
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximilian Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:24 pm

I am pretty much impressed at the amounts some of you paid for games but I can understand it. The most I paid is for a sealed "resident Evil II" for the dreamcast, 60£. This is the highest I paid so far for one single sealed game.
Maximilian
Maximilian
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by snesbits Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:40 pm

£400 for my snes pal Zelda tllp Miyamoto signed
snesbits
snesbits
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 234
Country : What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Flag_n12
Registration date : 2008-02-21

http://mysealedsnesgames.synthasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MCJD4ever Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:16 pm

$1200 for an FF2! Embarassed LOL..the two runner ups are $800 for a Chrono Trigger and $700 for a Y-fold FFVII black label Very Happy

MCJD4ever
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:20 am

$600 for a Resident Evil Longbox back in the day.

Now I pray to god everyday it isn't a reseal...lol.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Country : What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Flag_usa
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:30 pm

You should post pics of that RE longbox here. I'm sure several of us will be able to see if it's a factory seal or not. I'd love to see it anyway. I remember opening mine up when the game came out Smile

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:35 pm

yeah he can just create a new topic in our Confirmation & Evidence section!
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Will do all, thansk for the support. Work has been keeping me quite busy (I haven't opened package's I've received weeks ago) but I really want to share some of the more intersting things (to me anyway) with you fine peeps whom I think will apprecaite.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Country : What is the most you have paid for a new/sealed game? Flag_usa
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down