Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

+36
The Imp
Yahtzee
yobo
violentsnake
evankerk04
Kristof1982
pooch
bballno1
RichM
type-r
striker
gewky
wheelaa
Sepeh
rarebucky
Adol
maxpower
Dazz
Vroomfunkel
Startyde
everythings_magic
MCJD4ever
Dark Sol
sealeddreamcast
DJ Villa
LuxKiller65
pandaholic
Achilles420
JRedmond3
pitsunami
phear3d
Undead
Gemini-Phoenix
Pascal
Fudoh
Sammelhammel
40 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Empty Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Sammelhammel Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:11 pm

Which game is the gem in your sealed collection?
Which game do you never gonna sell? Which is the holy grail.....

For me it's my sealed Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PAL):

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Bild001hy5.th
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Number of posts : 543
Country : Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Empty Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Fudoh Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:41 pm

Hehe, with the massive decrease in speed due to the non-existent PAL adaptation, it's not even worth opening ;)

Mine's my sealed japanese version of the same game. Picture has been posted in the Sony board already. Definitely a masterpiece!

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Drac_x_sealed

Fudoh
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Empty Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Pascal Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:51 pm

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Psykk9.th
Psyvariar - Complete Edition - limited Special Capture BOX
never saw this on ebay in the past 5 years and especially not a sealed version ^^
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammelhammel Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:52 pm

@fudoh

yes, I think if I open the game I will lose a new Xbox 360....
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:46 pm

I think out of all my games, there are some which stand out for being truly impossible to get hold of in sealed condition. For each console I have various rarities of different levels, but one game I would honestly class as my "Holy Grail" would have to be Paper Mario (PAL)for the Nintendo 64. Sealed with official Nintendo tear strip.

For PlayStation, there are so many to choose, but Vandal Hearts II (PAL) and Breath Of Fire III (PAL) stand out amongst the rest, as does Blood Omen (PAL) and Earthworm Jim II (PAL) which are both really old games from the beginning of the PlayStation's life

Various PS2 games also stand out. Space Channel 5 Part II (PAL) being my holiest of holy PS2 games, with an immense collection of sealed Konami games which have been a pain to track down in sealed condition. Also, there's some quite nice Limited Edition's which I consider "Holy", such as The Getaway 100,000,000 Discs Edition (PAL) of which only 1,000 copies were printed. Plus I have countless RPG's which are quite hard to get hold of, such as Ephemeral Fantasia (PAL)

Skies Of Arcadia (PAL), Evolution II (PAL), and Samba De Amigo (PAL) would be my three top Dreamcast "Grails", amongst various other high-value Dreamcast titles

One other game that I consider to be quite "holy" is the UK version of Golden Sun for the GBA, which took me until just recently to track down in factory sealed condition!

On a another note, my ultimate personal "Holy Grail" would have to be a factory sealed UK copy of Pokemon Crystal for the GBC. I have not had much luck tracking this down, and have only ever seen two ~ One I bought on eBay a while back for nearly £70 but had to return as the seller decided to send it in a Jiffy bag, thus the game got squashed; And the other is sitting in a fellow collector's Pokemon collection and he refuses to part with it, unfortunately, so the hunt is still on!
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammelhammel Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:51 pm

@Gemini

I would say your holy grail is the sealed Suikoden for the PS Very Happy
Or is it easy to get in the UK...if yes...I'll take one yes!
Sammelhammel
Sammelhammel
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:43 pm

I assume that by "Holy Grail" we are referring to our rarest or most obscure sealed game that we actually currently own? Something that perhaps had a very limited print run, or something that we believe is maybe one of a kind / last surviving sealed example...

The Getaway (100 Million Discs Limited Edition version) ~ PAL PlayStation 2:

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Thegetawayvl1.th

Here we have an example of "The Getaway" ~ Sony produced 1,000 special versions to commemorate 100,000,000 (One hundred million) PlayStation 2 discs. As far as I know, these were only given away to employees at Sony, and have "Not To Be Sold Separately" in place of the barcode. The whole cover, back and front, is a silver coloured rendition of the standard game cover, with minor differences unique to this edition.

On the front in small writing, it says "Limited Edition of 1,000", plus a small white sticker beneath the cellophane which has the edition number printed on it (In this case, mine is 100.000.476) ~ The game is wrapped in the usual thick cellophane with a clear tear strip in the usual place about an inch from the bottom, plus the "Y" style folded ends.

As far as I know, this edition also holds the original game code which the first release had, which was later withdrawn from sale and replaced due to legal issues between Sony and BT (British Telecommunications) because of a certain in-game mission which involved blowing up BT branded service vans, or something similar

I also believe The Getaway was a UK only game in the first place. Set in London, it's a GTA style modern gangster themed game much alike the film "Lock, Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels"

A game such as this is the true definition of "RARE", as it is clearly limited in numbers and sought after by collector's. Sealed examples are even rarer. This particular game is obscure to start with, which adds to the obscurity of this particular Limited Edition version
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:39 pm

easy yeah!

my Zelda Majoras Mask Limited Edition (741/1000^^)

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) TmUswrgP
Undead
Undead
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by phear3d Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:28 pm

mines probably my Project Justice NTSC-U for the Dreamcast. i wasnt even looking for this game and it came to me. I got it as a trade and paid with some money. I did loose Persona 1 with the deal.. but oh well.. you loose something, and gain something back..
phear3d
phear3d
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by pitsunami Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:52 pm

Dont really know how rare but i have a sealed Duke nukem 3d for the mega drive!
pitsunami
pitsunami
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by phear3d Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:22 am

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) IMGP6659

another i guess "holy grail"
phear3d
phear3d
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:26 am

Is Shin Megami Tensai: Nocturne the same game as Shin Megami Tensai: Lucifer’s Call here in the UK? Is this game really rare in America? I hadn't given it a second thought until I saw a few of you mention it.

Is it perhaps because it's an Atlus game? Are most Atlus games not pretty hard to get hold of in the first place anyway?
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by phear3d Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:04 am

Gemini-Phoenix wrote:Is Shin Megami Tensai: Nocturne the same game as Shin Megami Tensai: Lucifer’s Call here in the UK? Is this game really rare in America? I hadn't given it a second thought until I saw a few of you mention it.

Is it perhaps because it's an Atlus game? Are most Atlus games not pretty hard to get hold of in the first place anyway?

probably the same game. i haven't really looked into lucifer's call yet. but Nocturne is so rare they did a second print in the same year it came out, and atlus said that was it. its selling for more than $150 right now brand new, and if youre lucky about $70 used. but even used are selling for $100+. but if you do find Nocturne brand new, buy and sell it sooner.

this might get a reprint from Atlus but since Persona 3 came out they probably want to sell off as much of that as possible. Persona 3 is sold out on their US website, for awhile now. If they do a reprint, the value of this new will probably be around $100 or less. just like what happened with Disgea: Hour of Darkness when they reprinted them.

edit: just looked at Lucifer's Call, its the same game but the European version has a terrible front cover art.

This version was also released in Europe in June 2005, with the addition of French and German language options, renamed to Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call due to trademark issues.

as listed on wikipedia.org
phear3d
phear3d
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:33 am

yep Lucifers Call is the same game !
The limited first print edition includes a soundtrack but has the same cover. Only on the backside there is a sentence like "This version includes the soundtrack CD". And i promise this version will not lose any dollar in value Smile ! It is worth $150+ at this moment in prestine sealed condition and for sure some more money in the next years Smile !
And the reprint edition has no hologram seal and white inlay on the top ! So you can see what is a reprint and what is a first print!
But watch out(!!), first print with hologram seal does not mean it is the limited edition including the soundtrack cd !
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRedmond3 Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:39 am

Probably my sealed copy of Mischief Makers for the N64, I've only seen one copy of it ever pop up on ebay so I snatched it up. I doubt it'll be worth much but still pretty cool to have. I just started collecting sealed games but I should have some pretty good stuff coming soon. Very Happy

JRedmond3
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:42 am

JRedmond3 wrote:Probably my sealed copy of Mischief Makers for the N64, I've only seen one copy of it ever pop up on ebay so I snatched it up. I doubt it'll be worth much but still pretty cool to have. I just started collecting sealed games but I should have some pretty good stuff coming soon. Very Happy

I have seen sealed copies of that game pop up on eBay.co.uk a few times in the last year. There's been one listed on there for about three months too. If you bought yours recently and is the PAL version, then chances are you probably outbidded me for it, as it's one game I tend to bid on everytime I see it Smile
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Empty My holy grail is Zelda OOT Collectors edition NTSC

Post by Achilles420 Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:20 am

I snatched it up and also recieved a mint copy of the official stratagy guide for it!

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Zeldao10
Achilles420
Achilles420
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Country : Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Flag_usa
Registration date : 2007-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:07 am

Wow. OOT CE. Great^^.

How much did you pay?

The original buyer must have had the intention of saving it sealed for future collecting.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 256
Country : Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Flag_sweden
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles420 Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:24 am

pandaholic wrote:Wow. OOT CE. Great^^.

How much did you pay?

The original buyer must have had the intention of saving it sealed for future collecting.

I payed quite a bit for it. It is in superb mint condition and I also received the official Nintendo guide for it for about $250
Achilles420
Achilles420
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Country : Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Flag_usa
Registration date : 2007-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by LuxKiller65 Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Wicked stuff!

We've had the European version... we've had the Japanese version... here's the American version:

Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Sotnusnoghsealedstriprilh8

The family's now complete!

Laughing

LuxKiller65
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 81
Country : Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game) Flag_italy
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:12 pm

hehe very nice Smile !!!
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Villa Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Wow, i like the zelda collectors edition... shame there was never a PAL version... It'd been nice and worth a small fortune i bet. Very Happy
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:26 pm

I think the US version will also be worth a small fortune in some years Smile
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Villa Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:42 pm

Yeah probably so, but then the market will be flooded with re-sealed copys and as home sealers get more advanced i'm sure it will be hard to tell re-seals from the originals
You can't beat the nintendo PAL tear strip Smile
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:44 pm

thats true but there are a some things that are really hard to copy on a sealed one !
we just wait until G-P comes with new great Nintendo sealed guides for US games Smile !
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next