Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions

+16
happyheed
Repason
Ostro
j.m.ratkos
bballno1
Sepeh
Kristof1982
fun2k
striker
jim.jupiter
yobo
Startyde
rarebucky
Gemini-Phoenix
Pascal
Dark Sol
20 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions Empty Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions

Post by Dark Sol Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:06 am

Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions Empty Re: Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions

Post by Pascal Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:07 am

yes! cheers
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions Empty Re: Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:12 pm

Lol, the only thing remotely sealedis the A/C adapter. The SNES itself has been sealed in shrinkwrap by a store - GameStation do this with all their loose consoles. It's clearly used, because it's all yellow on top
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:03 pm

The 2nd one has a misleading title - he states in the description that it was resealed but he also says there it was used, so therefore it's not new.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:59 pm

Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:34 pm

That Ecco: ToT is awesome...a sealed dophin game that has water damage. It shoudl be a marketing tool it's so awesome.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Country : Misleading and inappropriate SO-THOUGHT sealed auctions Flag_usa
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Startyde wrote:That Ecco: ToT is awesome...a sealed dophin game that has water damage. It shoudl be a marketing tool it's so awesome.
lol! lol! top ! clap
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:07 pm

yobo
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 710
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:17 pm

yobo wrote:This one allmost cost me $90!

yeah, i love those "sealed, new... bla, but plastic slit open on one side" auctions

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:21 pm

Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:59 am

jim.jupiter wrote:
yobo wrote:This one allmost cost me $90!

yeah, i love those "sealed, new... bla, but plastic slit open on one side" auctions

I clicked BIN, but before I could confirm the purchase I tought to myself: Why would sflaoaknyc sell a "sealed" original DKC for $90 when he usually sells the PC version for $500!? So I went back and fully read the description and found the slit on the side crap.

After all, this is the sflaoaknyc price for a complete DKC!

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:45 am

I think he bought that sh*t from MasterObeewan.

I'll bet he himself fell for the same trick, and now is trying to pass it on.
striker
striker

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:35 am

Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:43 am

striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by fun2k Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:55 pm

This is slightly off topic but this sflaoaknyc guy is big thief.i bought final fantasy origins from him,when the game arrived it had a big 3" crack on the front cover cuz he sent it in a bubble mailer instead of a box so i sent it back and he acknoledged the receipt,funny thing i never got the replacement till now,its been more than 6-8 months.he says its delayed in post.
and now he dosnt even anser my mails
btw that ff origins game he is now selling with the 3" crack is actually mine.

id be carefull when dealing with him.

fun2k
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:07 pm

fun2k wrote:This is slightly off topic but this sflaoaknyc guy is big thief.i bought final fantasy origins from him,when the game arrived it had a big 3" crack on the front cover cuz he sent it in a bubble mailer instead of a box so i sent it back and he acknoledged the receipt,funny thing i never got the replacement till now,its been more than 6-8 months.he says its delayed in post.

huh...that's a interesting fact!
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by fun2k Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:00 am

yeah and i have all the e-mails of our conversation.
i actaully gave him a positive feedback without looking at the game properly,later when i saw in direct sunlight there was humongous crack on the front.So afterwards when i told him he it was his fault for sending it in a bubblewrapper he agreed to replace it for me.at the time i bought it cost me about $30 but now hes selling the same game for $40 with a big crack on the face.

notice how he describes his item as to fool someone new into thinking its in perfect condition like DKN.
First he says there are no tears,rips etc, then he mentions it is slit open from the right side.
This just tells you hes a liar,what more can i say.

fun2k
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:52 am

fun2k wrote:This is slightly off topic but this sflaoaknyc guy is big thief.i bought final fantasy origins from him,when the game arrived it had a big 3" crack on the front cover cuz he sent it in a bubble mailer instead of a box so i sent it back and he acknoledged the receipt,funny thing i never got the replacement till now,its been more than 6-8 months.he says its delayed in post.

This sflaoaknyc/falconpunch! guy is the biggest scam on ebay. He makes you belive the games are perfect with no rips or tears but then 1 paragraph later says the game is slit open. I avoid him and masterobeewan because all they sell is disguesed shit!

Many people don't like dvd-movie-galaxy but I never had any problom with him. His games are very mint imo. Besides slow shipping, at least you get what you see!

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:20 am

I bought a game from sfloak once. I overpaid but it was truly a mint condition game.

His stuff is just too expensive.

He does describe the faults w/ his games too, he just may or may not show them in a picture. I wouldn't call it a scam, maybe "clever" salesmanship.

DVD-Galaxy on the other hand is terrible. He doesn't even list flaws, takes one pic and uses the same description for every game. Not to mention he ships slow as a mofo. I bought a game, after about a month it came w/ tears and dents and smelled of smoke too. But he gave a partial w/o hassle so at least that's good. AND, the way he gets game is by lurking on eBay 24/7 and snatching up poorly listed sealed games.

He makes sure it's very difficult for an actual collector to get a deal on games.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:15 am

sflaoaknyc and dvd-movie-galaxy both get a lot of their stuff off of ebay. If sflaoaknyc gets scammed like he did with the DKC from masterobeewan, then he will scam someone else right back with the same ploy.

But dvd-movie-galaxy actually does have cases of NOS games and they are perfect. Im not sure about all the other stuff he buys off ebay tough. He uses big pictures so how did you get rips? badly packaged?

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:19 am

striker wrote:I bought a game from sfloak once. I overpaid but it was truly a mint condition game.

His stuff is just too expensive.

He does describe the faults w/ his games too, he just may or may not show them in a picture. I wouldn't call it a scam, maybe "clever" salesmanship.

DVD-Galaxy on the other hand is terrible. He doesn't even list flaws, takes one pic and uses the same description for every game. Not to mention he ships slow as a mofo. I bought a game, after about a month it came w/ tears and dents and smelled of smoke too. But he gave a partial w/o hassle so at least that's good. AND, the way he gets game is by lurking on eBay 24/7 and snatching up poorly listed sealed games.

He makes sure it's very difficult for an actual collector to get a deal on games.

Agree with striker. DVDmoviegalaxy (aka billsportscardz aka Bill Dixon) is an ok seller but the smoke smell in the games really bothers me. To say "he sells very mint games" is a fallacy - he is a reseller and many of the games he sells are not mint because he buys all kinds of shit on ebay.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:50 am

yobo wrote:sflaoaknyc and dvd-movie-galaxy both get a lot of their stuff off of ebay. If sflaoaknyc gets scammed like he did with the DKC from masterobeewan, then he will scam someone else right back with the same ploy.

But dvd-movie-galaxy actually does have cases of NOS games and they are perfect. Im not sure about all the other stuff he buys off ebay tough. He uses big pictures so how did you get rips? badly packaged?

yea the picture was big but it was just one picture. The shrink wrap on the side was ripped. And of course you won't be able to detect smoke smell no matter how many pictures.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:54 am

striker wrote:

the guy buys poorly listed stuff for 5-6 usd sometimes to relist it as "rate v scarcity" for 180 usd two days later

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:36 am

here we have a "SEALED COMPLETE" chrono trigger.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chrono-Trigger-Super-Nintendo-SNES-SEALED-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ150287186122QQihZ005QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

whoops it's actually USED.

rarebucky you are bordering misrepresentation w/ this one (First you called them "NEW" now you call it "SEALED", @ least your description is still accurate tho I have to say that much, but let's face it the title is misleading)

Just between the forums members, is that shrink wrap really "Chrono Trigger"? or is it from space invaders?
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next