Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THQ DS Games - UK all shrinkwrapped?

2 posters

Go down

THQ DS Games - UK all shrinkwrapped? Empty THQ DS Games - UK all shrinkwrapped?

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:15 pm

I went to buy Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise for the DS today and the only ones I saw were shrinkwrapped. I tried loads of stores, and the ones that sold sealed games only had shrinkwrapped versions. It was the same problem with Drawn To Life a while ago (Also a THQ game). Has anyone else seen any copies of Viva Pinata sealed any other way?

Upon further research, I discovered that most THQ published DS games come this way, with the exception of a few (Bratz Forever Diamondz I noticed had "Y" style cellophane). For some reason, this seems to be a common trend for THQ DS games here in the UK, similar in a way to the Konami Phenomenon

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

THQ DS Games - UK all shrinkwrapped? Empty Re: THQ DS Games - UK all shrinkwrapped?

Post by striker Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:08 pm

I see this a lot here in Canada too w/ DS games.

Been looking for the sealed final fantasy games for a while, but the cursed stores OPEN THE FACTORY SEAL, then put in the useless french manuals (no1 here speaks french, it's not quebec) and shrinkwrap it again.

Did you happen to see if they put different language manuals in it?
striker
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

THQ DS Games - UK all shrinkwrapped? Empty Re: THQ DS Games - UK all shrinkwrapped?

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:44 pm

No, but in my experience games only come sealed like this if they have encountered an error during the manufacturing stage. Often it's just a case of the sleeve displaying "Made in Ireland" instead of "Made in UK", so they unseal all the games, replace the offending material, and reseal the games again
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down