Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your collecting progression? nes->snes->?

+4
Startyde
striker
rarebucky
Dark Sol
8 posters

Go down

Your collecting progression? nes->snes->? Empty Your collecting progression? nes->snes->?

Post by Dark Sol Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Well.. What was a start of your sealed collecting? Some specific consoles? What was later on that you've turned into?
As for me i always was into Sega Genesis. Then i also turned into Saturn. Then managed to snap master system and dreamcast... well....
N]ext i decided to move to SNES. And finally now i realized i'm movin into PSX!! Or nooo!! I never thought it will come to this!!! lol!
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : Your collecting progression? nes->snes->? Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Your collecting progression? nes->snes->? Empty Re: Your collecting progression? nes->snes->?

Post by rarebucky Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:01 am

For me it started when I came across a sealed Final Fantasy III on ebay several years ago. I paid $200 and remembered thinking "boy I'm going to lose a lot of money on this". lol

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Your collecting progression? nes->snes->? Empty Re: Your collecting progression? nes->snes->?

Post by striker Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:21 am

u have a sealed FF3?

my summer job was painfully boring so I spent the hours browsing eBay and here I am today.
striker
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:01 pm

It started in college when instead of paying attention in comp sci class, I would browse ebay and begin buying games I used to love back in the day, mostly from PS1 and Saturn Era. Then I loved to DC, then to PS2, now I'm back to PS1, with a tiny bit of Sega Genesis and Saturn mixed in.

I also went through an import phase with YHJ where I thought the JP version of everything was so much better. Beasides a few Premium Packages here and there, I prefer the NTSC US versions way more now.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:05 pm

It looks like we forgot some good topic.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Number of posts : 2150
Country : Your collecting progression? nes->snes->? Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:12 pm

my start was a sealed Radiant Silvergun ...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : Your collecting progression? nes->snes->? Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:29 pm

My sealed collecting started with Dreamcast actually, after the console had "Died" and games were widely available sealed, cheaply, on eBay. I was also picking up sealed N64 and PlayStation games cheap around this time as well (Circa 2002)

I started buying PS2 games before I got the console in 2003, and many I opened until I bought Space Channel 5 Part II which was my first PS2 game I kept sealed because of its rarity in this condition. I would open a handful of games to play, but most stayed sealed due to lack of time to play everything I was buying.

I also bought a GameCube and Xbox at the same time as a PS2, and likewise many of my earlier games I opened to play. As with the PS2, I only really started keeping them sealed due to no time to play anything. I think Steel Battalion Line Of Contact was the first game I kept sealed for the Xbox

N-Gage games I started buying and playing, until someone I bought a game off on eBay sent a Cd-r with every game on it, so I then decided to keep these sealed, but still bought them. The appeal of collecting N-Gage games is that there were only a few dozen in total, so it's a small collection to collect.

GBA games I decided to start keeping sealed around the time Minish Cap was released, and around the same time I discovered VisualBoy Advance...

What started out as just harmless backlogging turned into serious anal OCD. It got to a point where I was deliberately collecting sealed games, rather than storing them until such time I wanted to play them, which was how it started. I find i'm buying more than I can ever possibly play, but don't see why I should give up collecting games, and it makes sense to leave them sealed until such time they are intended to be used. My OCD has spanned across into other mediums now as well, including Dvd's and Cd's

Fast forward to present day and my entire X360, DS, PS3, PSP, and Wii collection's are sealed (With the exception of Wii Fit and Link's Crossbow Training which are new and unused)
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by blarky Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Around the same time, it was either sealed Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior IV for NES many years ago.

blarky
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:27 pm

Kirby superstar and mario were about the same time for me.
bassman8866
bassman8866
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down