Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition

5 posters

Go down

Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition Empty Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:50 pm

I bought the Fallout III CE set today, and I must say it is one of the most nicely presented CE's available for any console to date. I would rank this as one of my favourites along with GTA IV in terms of quality and aesthetic appreciation

With the festive season upon us, 'tis the time of year when the publishers try and out-do each other. The lst few weeks have been no exception, with recent releases of Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway, Far Cry II, Fallout III, and Saints Row II CE's, and still a few more left to come out before Xmas

So, out of all the LE's / CE's out there for all consoles (Old or new), which is your favourite and why?
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition Empty Re: Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition

Post by Startyde Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:18 pm

I've owned a large amount of CE's and LE's throughout the years. I've bought and sold many, keeping the ones that resonate the most.

For example, I love the MGS3 Japanese Premium package...it's huge and comes with so many promotional materials, books and even a scale replicate of Shagohad.

I also think the Myst III Exile Premium pack for PC is great in just it's absolute monstrous size. The Warcraft III and WoW sets follow suit with this. Everytime I think PC gaming is down for the count they release amazing packages.

I don't even need to mention the Elemental Gearbolt, but since I'll never own it, I think my absolute favorite CE or LE is the Japanese Biohazard 5th Anniversary Premium Package.

At the end of the day, you just can't beat a fullsized briefcase.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Country : Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition Flag_usa
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition Empty Re: Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition

Post by jim.jupiter Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:11 pm

i've also ordered fallout 3 ce today, but paying money to bethesda really hurts, as they actually turned my favorite pc rpg into a dumbed down first person shooter..

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepeh Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:29 pm

I also managed to catch one copy of Fallout 3 Collector's Edition. It was sold out almost from every shop in my town. I paid 99,90€ which might be high price (games do cost much more in Finland than in other EU countries)

It looks very nice. I would love to see what is inside it. I have only seen the Fallout Boy figurine.

Xbox 360 version will stay sealed and the game will be played on PC. top !
Sepeh
Sepeh
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:41 pm

Psyvariar Complete Edition - Special Capture Box (JAP):
One of the rarest PS2 games ever!
This features Psyvariar Complete, and a special edition DVD ROM showing a Japanese player simply completing both Medium Unit and Revision with just ONE credit. It is an astounding watch, not only does it show stages that the average player will have extreme difficulty getting to, but simple observation also shows how to get to them. It is truly unbelievable, and really does inspire one to set the game to 1 credit, and attempt to enter new heights of unfound skill. The harder stages, such as stage X-A, require a certain level attained in order to play at it, and it is for this reason that setting the game to one credit is an advantage.
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:38 am

Although I don't own it, one of my favourite box sets has to be the Japanese Space Channel 5 Part II set with the headphones

The Bioshock box set is also worthy of a mention, as it also includes the LE Steelbook version as well. One of my biggest disappointments was Halo III Legendary Edition though - It's a nice package, but I feel it could have been made that little bit more special if it had included the Collector's Edition tin inside rather than just the standard edition of the game and a bonus Dvd. Bad call on the design aspect for that one. To me, LE's and CE's should be tiered, with the most expensive CE set containing everything that the LE set has - In Bioshock's case, they also included the Steelbook, rather than just a standard edition

Bungee could have taken things one step further and actually included enough space inside the Master Chief helmet for the whole Halo series, or at least created a special package which combined Halo, Halo II CE, Halo III CE, and the Halo II Multiplayer Maps etc. That truly would have been the ultimate must-have set to own! A missed opportunity there I think

I also think the X360 and PS2 have enjoyed many more LE's and CE's than any other console, especially in recent times
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Your favourite Limited / Collector's Edition Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:21 am

Sepeh wrote:I also managed to catch one copy of Fallout 3 Collector's Edition. It was sold out almost from every shop in my town. I paid 99,90€ which might be high price (games do cost much more in Finland than in other EU countries)

It looks very nice. I would love to see what is inside it. I have only seen the Fallout Boy figurine.

you should have ordered it from amazon or ebgames - it costs 69 usd there

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepeh Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:25 am

jim.jupiter wrote:
Sepeh wrote:I also managed to catch one copy of Fallout 3 Collector's Edition. It was sold out almost from every shop in my town. I paid 99,90€ which might be high price (games do cost much more in Finland than in other EU countries)

you should have ordered it from amazon or ebgames - it costs 69 usd there
It seems that I would have saved a couple of euros if I have done that but I have learned from my experience that I won't order tin boxes with mail unless it's the only choise. From the actual store I can get the game in absolute mint condition.

The Assassin's Creed Collector's Edition was pain in the ass because the box is so weak, there was always something wrong with it when I ordered new copy to replace one another (I ordered it online because it cost only 40€)
Sepeh
Sepeh
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down