Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed PAL GameCube Collection

2 posters

Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed PAL GameCube Collection Empty Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed PAL GameCube Collection

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:19 pm

Due to it's rarity, Pokemon Box was the first GameCube game I decided to keep sealed. Besides, I already had the game as part of the Pokemon Colosseum (Console pack-in version). After that, rumours of the GameCube's downfall were rife, and Nintendo started to produce their GameCube games in limited print runs leading up to the release of the Wii. This is evident with titles such as Mario Baseball; Pikmin 2; Twilight Princess; Dancing Stage Mario Mix; And Chibi Robo.

I then sought after most of the first party Nintendo titles, as well as some of the rarer third party RPG's, such as Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II, and Skies Of Arcadia Legends. I am still searching for some key games such as Phantasy Star Online III; Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes; Chibi Robo; And Harvest Moon, amongst others. Some games I am lucky to have, as their value seems to be going up. Pokemon XD, Tales Of Symphonia, and Mario Baseball seem to have increased in value and demand, as has Paper Mario 2 and Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance.

Animal Crossing is another game missing from my list, although I do own the American version to play with a Freeloader. I bought this just before the game was finally announced it would be getting a UK release, despite being 18 months after the American release. Until then, the Australian version was the only PAL version you could get, but that was very expensive back then. I opted for the American version mainly because it has eReader support. I was already an owner of many US Animal Crossing eReader cards, and knew that the eReader support would not make it into the UK version. I may get around to buying a UK PAL copy someday perhaps

Kirby Air Ride is probably the game I had most trouble getting hold of back in the day. It seems, like many Kirby games, it was released in very limited quantities, and I don't think it sold very many copies at all. I had to rely on eBay to get hold of this, and even then there were only about two or three copies on there at a time.

Here is my collection of factory sealed PAL GameCube games:

~ ~ Pictures coming soon! ~ ~

• 1080° Avalanche
  • Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings And The Lost Ocean
  • Beach Spikers: Virtua Beach Volleyball
  • Billy Hatcher And The Giant Egg
  • Cel Damage
  • Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (Box set with official Bongo peripheral) ~ (Game sealed)
  • Donkey Konga II (Box set with official Bongo peripheral) ~ (Game sealed)
  • Doshin The Giant
  • F-Zero GX
  • Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
  • Mario Party V
  • Mario Party VI (Box set with official microphone peripheral) ~ (Game sealed)
  • Mario Power Tennis
  • Mario Superstar Baseball
  • Metroid Prime II: Echoes
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
  • Pikmin II
  • Pokemon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (Promotional V.I.P Stars disc ~ Not for resale)
  • Pokemon Channel
  • Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness
  • Resident Evil II
  • Resident Evil III: Nemesis
  • Resident Evil IV
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
  • Skies Of Arcadia: Legends
  • Star Fox Assault
  • Super Monkey Ball II
  • Tales Of Symphonia
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Collector’s Edition (Promotional V.I.P Stars disc ~ Not for resale)
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The Sims
  • Warioware Inc: Mega Party Game$!
  • Warioworld
  • Waverace: Blue Storm
  • Zoocube

Last edited by on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed PAL GameCube Collection Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed PAL GameCube Collection Empty Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed PAL GameCube Collection

Post by Pascal Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:24 pm

awesome collection!!!
What is the rarest game?
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed PAL GameCube Collection Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed PAL GameCube Collection Empty Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed PAL GameCube Collection

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Pascal wrote:What is the rarest game?

I believe the "Rarest" is probably Pokemon Box, which I think had a print run of only several thousand and was given away on the Nintendo V.I.P. Stars site only. It was available twice as far as I know, with 2,000 available both times.

As for the one that is worth the most on eBay... That would probably be Mario Baseball, as this too was produced in limited quantities as it was released late in the life of the GameCube. Also, add to that the fact that most Brit's are not a fan of the sport. I believe it's currently the highest priced standard PAL GameCube game at the moment.

Sealed copies of Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II; TAles Of Symphonia; And Skies Of Arcadia Legends are considered fairly "Rare" too. Also, a lot of the last few releases are considered hard to find now, as many were not available in high street stores, only online.
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed PAL GameCube Collection Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down