Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Pokemon Collection

3 posters

Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Pokemon Collection Empty Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Pokemon Collection

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:20 am

I started collecting Pokemon games in about 2002 after borrowing a copy of Pokemon Crystal from a friend. I was orignally against the whole Pokemon phenomenon, and I always thought to myself "What is all th efuss about?", but after playing through Crystal I loved it!

My friends and I then had a lot of fun playing the mini games in Pokemon Stadium I on the Nintendo 64. Then one day in early 2002 I was in Toys R Us and decided to invest in a sealed copy of Pokemon Stadium II, and luckily I managed to get it for the bargain price of around a tenner as the game went through the till as Pokemon Stadium I (Which was priced significantly cheaper than the sequel) ~ I then decided to try and "Catch 'em all" and try and get all the Pokemon games released here in the UK

At the time, Pokemon Red & Blue were quite common on eBay, and quite cheap. They were the first games to be added, followed by Yellow which was also quite common. Silver and Gold were still quite expensive in the shops (Around £25-£30 each), but I managed to buy both from one seller for under £45. Pokemon Trading Card and Pokemon Pinball were also quite cheap (Under a tenner each), and seem like the most common Pokemon games you can find. All the GameBoy Advance titles have been bought in stores, with the exception of Pokemon Pinball Advance which I bought off eBay

Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium I were both bought off eBay. Stadium was around £15, and is the only Pokemon game for the N64 I have which isn't cellophane covered, but rather sealed at each end with circular stickers with the red Nintendo logo on them. Pokemon Puzzle League was the hardest game to track down, and every copy I seem to find has the solid red tear strip. At one time it was quite common, but now in 2007 it is quite hard to find sealed.

Pokemon Colosseum is the only other Pokemon game I have which is not sealed. It came as part of the Pokemon Colosseum console bundle, and I managed to convince a friend to sell it to me when he bought the console. The game included the much sought after Pokemon Box bonus disc. I also managed to secure myself a sealed copy of Pokemon Box the first time it was released on the Nintendo V.I.P Stars site. Pokemon Channel and Pokemon XD soon followed, both bought off eBay. The latter has since gone up in value!

As for the DS games: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Recue Team; Ranger; Diamond; And Pearl were all bought from my local Tesco store. The latter two were bought in the first week of release whilst they were on promotion, and only cost around £22 each. The other two were under £20. Dash and Link were bought recently from a trusted eBayer who has been supplying me with most of my sealed DS games.

Ironicly, the first game I played (Crystal) is actually the last game I am hunting for! I have bought one once before, but had to send it back to the seller as it was shipped in a Jiffy bag and arrived damaged. I had paid almost £75 for it too, as I was very desperate! This I believe is the rarest of sealed Pokemon games released in the UK.

There are a few other Pokemon games I would like to add to my collection though. There's a handful of Pokemon Mini games, plus Hey You! Pikachu! from the USA. I woudl also like a sealed Australian copy of Pokemon Stadium II, as the cover is shiny and metallic opposed to the release we had in the UK. I would also like to add both of the Pikachu N64 consoles, plus the Pokemon GameBoy Color console. My dream would be to import the Pikachu GBA SP console from Japan

The next Pokemon game I will buy will most likely be Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Nintendo Wii when it is released in a few months

Here is my collection of UK Pokemon games:

~ ~ Pictures coming soon! ~ ~

• Pokemon Blue ~ UK GameBoy
  • Pokemon Red ~ UK GameBoy
  • Pokemon Yellow ~ UK GameBoy

• Pokemon Gold ~ UK GameBoy Color
  • Pokemon Pinball ~ UK GameBoy Color
  • Pokemon Silver ~ UK GameBoy Color
  • Pokemon Trading Card ~ UK GameBoy Color

• Pokemon Emerald ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • Pokemon Fire Red (Plus Nintendo Wireless Adapter) ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • Pokemon Leaf Green (Plus Nintendo Wireless Adapter) ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • Pokemon Pinball Advance: Ruby & Sapphire ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • Pokemon Ruby ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • Pokemon Sapphire ~ UK GameBoy Advance

• Pokemon Dash ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Pokemon Diamond ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Pokemon Link ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Darkness ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Time ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Pokemon Pearl ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Pokemon Ranger ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Pokemon Ranger: Shadows Of Almia ~ UK Nintendo DS

• Pokemon Puzzle League ~ PAL Nintendo 64
  • Pokemon Snap ~ PAL Nintendo 64
  • Pokemon Stadium (Plus Nintendo Transfer Pak) ~ PAL Nintendo 64
  • Pokemon Stadium II ~ PAL Nintendo 64

• Pokemon Box ~ PAL GameCube
  • Pokemon Channel ~ PAL GameCube
  • Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness ~ PAL GameCube

• Pokemon Battle Revolution ~ PAL Wii

I also own a sealed promotional Pokemon Colosseum disc from the USA, which I think is just a demo version. It also includes the Jirachi Pokemon for download onto Ruby & Sapphire, which is the same as the bonus on offer from Pokemon Channel.

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:41 am; edited 4 times in total
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Pokemon Collection Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Pokemon Collection Empty Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Pokemon Collection

Post by DesManX Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:14 pm

Nice collection. I dont like Pokemon-Games, but youve got a very nice collection.
DesManX
DesManX
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-07-30

http://www.gamers-spirit.de

Back to top Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Pokemon Collection Empty Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Pokemon Collection

Post by Pascal Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:18 pm

impressive Pokemon Collection ! Can't wait to see some pictures!
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Pokemon Collection Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:27 am

Just added the recently released Pokemon Battle Revolution to the collection, leaving me with just a sealed Pokemon Crystal left to find...
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Mon May 19, 2008 12:02 pm

I will post pictures of this sub-collection Pokemon Platinum is released...

Which will just leave me with Pokemon Crystal left to get Wink
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down