Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Final Fantasy Collection

2 posters

Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Final Fantasy Collection Empty Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Final Fantasy Collection

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:40 pm

My love of all things Final Fantasy came (As like many) with Final Fantasy VII. I had previously played short sections of FFVI (Final Fantasy III here), but it wasn't until I played Final Fantasy VII that I fell in love with the series, and to date I still regard Final Fantasy VII as the best game ever created, for many reasons.

FFVIII was probably the first and only time I have longed and wished for a game to be released. I don't think I have ever bought into as much hype as with FFVIII. And what a disappointment. A good game, but so flawed compared to FFVII. Luckily FFIX was a vast improvement, and I lost myself for a couple of weeks whilst I played through it. easily the second best Final Fantasy in the series.

There's just something about collecting Final Fantasy's that's compelling though. I don't know whether it's the sense of having something that's easily collectable, or the lovely artwork and history surrounding the series, but if it's got Final Fantasy attached to it, you're virtually guaranteed a good game. In most instances.

Since Final Fantasy VII, i've bought almost every FF game since. I regret not buying the Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy VIII, and also avoiding the Chocobo Racing game at the time as it was fairly obscure. I did, however, import a PocketStation specifically to play Chocobo's World from Final Fantasy VIII. A novelty that would soon lose it's appeal, but it's still nice to have lying around.

Most of my Final Fantasy collection is unsealed, as I do enjoy the games, but I have since sought after collecting sealed copies of past and new games for all consoles. I have even imported a handful of American versions simply for the fact that the cover artwork is so amazing compared to the UK releases. And how could anyone resist the Final Fantasy XI box set with the hard drive, despite the fact that's it's pretty useless here in the UK!

My most treasured piece of Final Fantasy merchandise would probably be my Final Fantasy II WonderSwan Color, imported from Japan. New, but not sealed. I have also picked up various other "Trinkets" along the way, including a nicely boxed Dirge Of Cerberus wallet (Japan). Items I would most like to import include: White Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles GameCube console (Japan); Final Fantasy Crisis Core PSP (Japan); Advent Children: Advent Pieces box set (Japan); FFXII PStwo (Japan); Final Fantasy IV GBA Micro (Japan); White FF Tactics Advance GBA (Japan); And not to mention the very rare and remarkable Final Fantasy X2 dual pistol controllers, which are modelled on the pistols used by Yuna in the game! I would also love to own the various collector's editions and spin-off games released only in Japan

Here is my collection of sealed Final Fantasy games:

~ ~ Pictures coming soon! ~ ~

• Final Fantasy: Chronicles (FF IV & Chrono Trigger) (Black label) ~ NTSC U PlayStation
  • Final Fantasy IX (Black label) ~ NTSC U PlayStation

• Final Fantasy X (Black label) ~ NTSC U PS2
  • Final Fantasy X2 (Black label) ~ NTSC U PS2
  • Final Fantasy XI Online ~ (Box set with official PS2 Hard Drive) (Black label) ~ NTSC U PS2

• Final Fantasy X (Black label) ~ UK PAL PS2
  • Final Fantasy X2 (Black label) ~ UK PAL PS2
  • Final Fantasy XII (Black label) ~ UK PAL PS2
  • Dirge Of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII ~ UK PAL PS2

• Final Fantasy I ~ UK PSP
  • Final Fantasy II ~ UK PSP
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions ~ UK PSP

• Final Fantasy XI: Online ~ UK PAL X360

• Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of Souls ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • Final Fantasy IV ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • Final Fantasy V ~ UK GameBoy Advance
  • Final Fantasy VI ~ UK GameBoy Advance

• Final Fantasy III ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Final Fantasy IV ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Final Fantasy A2: Grimoire Of The Rift ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring Of Fates ~ UK Nintendo DS
  • Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales ~ UK Nintendo DS

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Final Fantasy Collection Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Final Fantasy Collection Empty Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Final Fantasy Collection

Post by DJ Villa Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi, thats a nice collection Very Happy
Some nice games there especially FFX NTSC... Rare and with great artwork!!

Though i disagree with FFVIII being a letdown and FFIX being a vast improvement, for me it was the other way round with IX being the letdown and VIII being my favorite game of all time! But each to there own.

Keep on collecting Smile
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Final Fantasy Collection Empty Re: Gemini-Phoenix's Sealed Final Fantasy Collection

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:52 pm

Cheers DJ! I do have other games in my collection, but didn't list them as they are not sealed. The Final Fantasy collection is probably twice as large with those included

And at the time of buying the US FFX, it was common and only worth about $30. Lol. I am so glad it's gone up in value. I also have two copies of the PAL FFX sealed too, although one seems sto have a lightly sun-faded cover. There's some really nice Final Fantasy stuff released in Japan that i'd like to have, but some of it is too pricey for me, and difficult to get hold of (Advent Pieces set for example).

I really loved FFIX though. I liked FFVIII, but only really played it once to the end. It didn't really hold much interest after the first run through, although FFVII and FFIX have both been played at least three times through each
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Villa Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:03 pm

Yeah there are some great artworks on some of the japanese FF games but like you say some of these are very difficult to get hold of & so come with a large pricetag, this is ok if it was just one game but for say FFXI they are loads of boxsets and even the newer ones are expensive.

Yeah i too have played through FFVII & IX more than once, It may just be that FFVIII was the first game i ever rearlly saved up my pocket money to buy, i can remember it well... it was £18 second hand from electronics & boutics, i had saved up £15 and begged and begged my dad to get it for me, he was reluctant at first saying it was a waste of money but he soon gave in and it actually turned out to be the best £18 i'd ever spent. It was my first taste of the final fantasy series and i loved it, i didn't get my copy of FFVII untill a couple of years later and as this too was an awsome game couldn't wait for FFIX to come out and i bought it on the day of release and was a bit dissappointed. The story as ever was excellent but what put me off is that it wen't all nitendo like and the characters wen't more cartoony like (to much for my liking). If it had a better charicter design i'm sure i would love it.
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:25 am

This week I added both Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II for PSP, and also Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings for DS Cool
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Villa Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:47 pm

Yay, all PAL i presume. Personally i'm waiting for the price to drop before i add them to my collection. The NTSC vesion of the two PSP games have great artwork and i'm after these for my collection but am still waiting for there price to drop, though now i don't think it will... they seem to be getting less common and still demand a high price. Smile
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:53 pm

DJ Villa wrote:Yay, all PAL i presume. Personally i'm waiting for the price to drop before i add them to my collection. The NTSC vesion of the two PSP games have great artwork and i'm after these for my collection but am still waiting for there price to drop, though now i don't think it will... they seem to be getting less common and still demand a high price. Smile

Yes, they're all the UK versions with their bland white cover art... Rolling Eyes I just hate having a sub-collection which hasn't got the latest releases, so things liek Final Fantasy and Pokemon games I have to buy on release day or as close to as possible

I love the artwork that all the American Final Fantasy games have though, especially War Of The Lions for PSP and FFX for PS2!
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Villa Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:18 pm

Gemini-Phoenix wrote:

I love the artwork that all the American Final Fantasy games have though, especially War Of The Lions for PSP and FFX for PS2!

Yeah, the americans cirtainly have it sorted in that department, FFX for the PS2 was awsome and i rearlly liked the two games for the PSP FFI & FFII. To be honest i was a little disappointed with the war of the lions cover art though the reason for this was simple... it was the same as the japenese and i'd already got it. Very Happy
DJ Villa
DJ Villa
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down