Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

most expensive sealed game

4 posters

Go down

most expensive sealed game Empty most expensive sealed game

Post by Pascal Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:07 pm

What do you think is the most expensive sealed game at the moment ... ?

I know its a hard question but maybe someone has the answer Smile with some good arguments ...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

most expensive sealed game Empty Re: most expensive sealed game

Post by KennyB Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:36 pm

My guess would be a sealed "Stadium Events" for the nes. A loose cart fetches around 1500 USD (because of it low production numbers). And there are only 2 sealed ones known to exist. One of them is owned by bandai.

Can't stick a figure on it though.
KennyB
KennyB
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:08 pm

KennyB wrote:My guess would be a sealed "Stadium Events" for the nes. A loose cart fetches around 1500 USD (because of it low production numbers). And there are only 2 sealed ones known to exist. One of them is owned by bandai.

I think that would be in a league of it's own though. I wonder if Bandai have had their copy since it came out of the factory? It would be a nice story if it turned out that years later they sought to buy it from a private seller off eBay, thus returning it back to it's "Home" so to speak. I know sometimes car dealerships do this with classic cars (For example, Jaguar may seek a fully restored E Type for display in it's showroom)

It's a tough question though, as it spans many consoles. Typically Neo Geo AES games are costly to start with, so a sealed one would also be costly. If you narrowed down the parameter's of the question to be console specific though, then it's much easier to give an answer. So, for PAL N64 I would say a sealed Paper Mario would be top of that list. For PAL Dreamcast, Samba De Amigo etc...

But, then you also have to consider rarities and special promotional editions, like the Ico box or Assassin Case, which are sought by collector's, and very rare, but a sealed copy would be infinitely rarer and more costly

You also have to consider the supply vs demand chain ~ Games are only worth what one buyer is willing to pay for it. If you get two very rich interested bidders in an auction, who knows how much some games could sell for, especially if the game is very rare or if bidders are desperate.

For the sake of this thread though, I will say that I have physically seen a sealed PAL Paper Mario sell for just over £283, and also a sealed PAL Samba De Amigo box set (With Maracas) sell for over £400. I have also personally paid £260 for a sealed Steel Battalion box set back when it was released as they were in very high demand at the time

Last edited by on Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Adol Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:19 am

KennyB wrote:My guess would be a sealed "Stadium Events" for the nes. A loose cart fetches around 1500 USD (because of it low production numbers). And there are only 2 sealed ones known to exist. One of them is owned by bandai.

$3000
That's the price Dan Maresca paid it on Ebay last year

Adol
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyB Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:57 am

Adol wrote:

$3000
That's the price Dan Maresca paid it on Ebay last year

That isn't a bad price now considering that a loose one sells for that much.

------

Maybe we can make a all time record list with the prices and system from now on ? And just keep updating it. Would be a cool addition to the site
KennyB
KennyB
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down