Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why several copies?!?

+14
jim.jupiter
bassman8866
yobo
Jo.Seph
MCJD4ever
Pascal
Adol
Startyde
blarky
happyheed
rarebucky
striker
wheelaa
Dark Sol
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why several copies?!? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by sealeddreamcast Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:51 am

Dude, you NEED little chinese kids working 20 hours a day in their factory and african boys starving when not get killed in a war to have your modern style of life, play videogames, wear expensive clothes and buy so many useless shit all week long so don't start to debate about sealed video games on this point of view.
Reminds me of a french singer who was talking on tv yesterday for his last album "bla bla bla, poor chinese boys, bla bla bla, evil consumption society, bla bla bla". Dude ! Start stopping producing CRAP music albums (I mean, trully crap), complaining about people illegally downloading it (we are starting to have aggressive law about illegal download in france and this guy always supported them) and then come back to talk.

sealeddreamcast
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:04 pm

yes,
we can create a separate thread i guess.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:29 pm

most pointless debate ever. DS - you either can or can't afford some things in life. and if you can't - go out and make some money instead of being a pathetic hypocrite and whining about greedy competitors (why the fuck did you buy 3 robotrek copies yourself then, eh?)

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:00 pm

jim.jupiter wrote:most pointless debate ever. DS - you either can or can't afford some things in life. and if you can't - go out and make some money instead of being a pathetic hypocrite and whining about greedy competitors (why the fuck did you buy 3 robotrek copies yourself then, eh?)
money, money, again money...
and i bought these robotreks only because they were lost. Sitting abandoned in a store far-away not know by ANYONE. And also because i didn't have a single copy. If i had at least one - i wouldn't even bothered buying all of them.
And speaking about affordability - i can afford pretty much anything in videogame world. Laughing
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Dark Sol wrote:
jim.jupiter wrote:most pointless debate ever. DS - you either can or can't afford some things in life. and if you can't - go out and make some money instead of being a pathetic hypocrite and whining about greedy competitors (why the fuck did you buy 3 robotrek copies yourself then, eh?)
money, money, again money...
and i bought these robotreks only because they were lost. Sitting abandoned in a store far-away not know by ANYONE. And also because i didn't have a single copy. If i had at least one - i wouldn't even bothered buying all of them.
And speaking about affordability - i can afford pretty much anything in videogame world. Laughing

Dark Sol I'v agreed with you on everything you've typed on this forum since I got here until now. You only live once so you should do the things that make your life enjoyable. Regular people think im crazy for preferring sealed games over money so it all depends on perspective.

Can you afford a gold NWC 1990?
bassman8866
bassman8866
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Adol Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:39 pm

[quote="Dark Sol"][quote="yobo"]
bassman8866 wrote:
Unfortunately my greed is much lower that of rarebuckies or Adols, yet.

Greed? Why would i have greed?

Adol

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:39 pm

Sure bassman. But in that process people become too selfish sometimes. They do not think about the others who ALSO want their lifes to enjoyable.
Sealed games are cool. I am too prefer games. I've been collecting and playing games for more then 15 years. Sometimes i was selfish, greedy too. But there's always a limit.
People who buy tonns of crap for a mere pleasuring themselves are not more then. When you can afford EVERYTHING - you loose control over your actions easily and you loose a sense of pleasure as well. Quantity over quality.

GOLD NWC? easily, if it wasn't so overpriced piece of crap. top !

Last edited by Dark Sol on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:40 pm

[quote="Adol"][quote="Dark Sol"]
yobo wrote:
bassman8866 wrote:

bwahaha... it was a joke. lol!
You're cool Adol. But still do you really have 5 copies of Chrono? yes!
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Adol Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:41 pm

sealeddreamcast wrote:Dude, you NEED little chinese kids working 20 hours a day in their factory and african boys starving when not get killed in a war to have your modern style of life, play videogames, wear expensive clothes and buy so many useless shit all week long so don't start to debate about sealed video games on this point of view.
Reminds me of a french singer who was talking on tv yesterday for his last album "bla bla bla, poor chinese boys, bla bla bla, evil consumption society, bla bla bla". Dude ! Start stopping producing CRAP music albums (I mean, trully crap), complaining about people illegally downloading it (we are starting to have aggressive law about illegal download in france and this guy always supported them) and then come back to talk.

Who are you talking about,precisely? Smile

Adol

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:22 pm

its hilarious, man. you're making my day so far Wink
when you're buying multiple copies to resell them for profit - its a humanitarian rescue operation. when other people do that - they are greedy bastards taking away the bread crumbs from the poor and the hungry. hypocrisy at its best, compadre
Laughing

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Glad i made your day. cheers
You don't get the point.
When you buy something really obscure for cheap to resell for small profit - it's not bad i guess. It's business. It's how economics are made.
But when people buy tonns of same crap just because they have no idea what else to invest money in...that's sickness for me.
I mean. What's difference if you have... 3 or 5 or 888 copies of Chrono Trigger? Where's the point? That's illness!
Why 1 is not enough?
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:48 pm

why do you care at all? actually, i enjoy the sight of e.g. my 2 identically mint MM3 & wouldn't mind having even more copies - kind of looks like in a games store 20 years ago Wink another example - an sgh forum member has(or had) 10 copies of pal OoT - and they look really nice together

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:55 pm

i guess i care cause i aint scrooge. santa and i really don't want to keep dozens of copies of games. And i try to encourage other do do the same. SELL YOUR COPIES! Even rarebucky sells his copies! LOL

Abramovich also has a nice set of yachts... and i think they look really nice together. While some people in his region die from hunger. The don't look really nice in their graves i guess..
A rough example.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:21 pm

oh, and you better read up on abramovich. he has invested/donated a shitload of his personal money to chukotka and the people there basically worship him and would hate to have him replaced.

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:33 pm

then what are you doing there? immigrate to Russia then Smile straight to Kamchatka, if it's so cool. Laughing
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:24 pm

True words. I dont even know how Dark Sol is a sealed collector.. Congradulate instead of whine about it.

yobo
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 710
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Adol Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:30 am

Dark Sol wrote:But still do you really have 5 copies of Chrono? yes!

I don't.
Emmanuel does.
I said i WON 5 Chrono Trigger,and i did,since i'm the one placing the bid.
But Emmanuel own them.

Adol

Back to top Go down

Post by bassman8866 Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:25 am

[quote="Adol"][quote="Dark Sol"]
yobo wrote:
bassman8866 wrote:

WTF?!? I DID NOT SAY THAT ANYWHERE. I HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF ADOL DONT WRITE QUOTES I DONT USE.
bassman8866
bassman8866

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:31 am

yobo wrote:

True words. I dont even know how Dark Sol is a sealed collector.. Congradulate instead of whine about it.
Oh really? What a shame! LOL
Sealed collectors are those who sit on piles of Chrono Triggers? Or maybe buy 20 copies of Donkey Kong Land??
oops... didn't know it. laugh
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:33 am

And i did not say "greed? why would i have greed?" !! WTF!?

Maybe you need another hobby DS?

yobo

Number of posts : 710
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:03 am

I think DS needs to take a nice long vacation....get a nice job when he comes back, get some perspective Smile

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Imp Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:35 am

Startyde wrote:I buy multiple copies at times because I'm like total ADD and honestly forget I bought them years prior.

I do try to avoid this, but I must admit that I've done it once or twice :-)

Mistakes aside, though, I never buy multiples. Not because I wouldn't, but there are plenty enough games that I want, that I don't have the money to be buying duplicates of others. If I ever reach the point where my collection is satisfied, and the cost of new releases totals less than my available income at that time, then I'd be more likely to spend the extra on something else (such as more games to open and play, or a bigger TV, etc).

Oh, as long as I'm being honest, sometimes I buy duplicates because I'm not satisfied that the copy that I already have is perfect enough. Or, I'm not sure about some aspect of the copy that I have and decide that I need to see for myself a comparison against another copy. I have a few duplicates this way, but they're rare, and in principle can be sold off at any time (they're usually not, but that's because eBay sucks for sellers and PayPal sucks more for everyone else and there is no real alternative, and Australia is so very, very far away from everywhere else).

wheelaa wrote:IMO a far sadder situation is when people buy sealed games they've never even played! Where's the logic in that? Where's the affinity to the games in that? Nowhere and nowhere. Utterly pointless. Why have 30 games for a system you've never touched.
How about this scenario:

I like Super Mario games. I've played so many, I'm confident that there's enough good in them overall to be worth adding to my collection. Now, I don't own a Philips CDi. I probably never will; they're expensive to import just so that I can play a couple of games. And those couple of games: well, no-one seems to think that they're all that good anyway. But a collection of Mario games will total well over 500 games - why should I leave that collection incomplete (by not buying Mario Hotel for the CDi) just because I'll never play that particular crappy game? I might as well buy that game for the sake of the collection, and who knows? I might care enough to import a machine to play (an unsealed copy) on one day. And I might even like it, long after the last remaining copies from eBay have dried up.

That's just one scenario. I collect by franchise, while most people collect by other criteria (games I've played and liked, system, rare, valuable, etc). I choose my franchises by what games I like, but that doesn't mean I have to play every game within that franchise. Meh, just demonstrating that an inscrutable choice doesn't have to be an illogical one.

Ultimately, to say that wanting more than one is bad/silly/evil/whatever is as pointless as a non-sealed-game-collector saying that having one copy Factory Sealed is bad/silly/evil/whatever. They simply don't understand what you understand, that you love to collect what you collect, and have your own standards for judging your own behavior and will not allow yourself to be judged by anyone else's opinion so long as you do no harm. I think that we can mostly agree with that; the question then becomes Dark Sol's original (but, tragically, poorly phrased) question: what is your reason or doing so (if you do)? That's the topic.

The Imp
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by sealeddreamcast Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:50 am

Dark Sol wrote:So you can let people die in such situation? Not even a chance?
I am not talking about "rules". I talk about quantity here. If you keep buying for fun - you're ill.

Most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum.
How can you collect VIDEO GAMES and say that ?

sealeddreamcast
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:03 pm

I am sorry, i cannot express some of my thoughts in english correctly. "Fun" is not the very correct word here. I meant, if you're buying only for quantity, like you have no other things to buy... then it's sickness. Like buying sealed chrono triggers every time you see em. Some people just can't let the games go... to the others... I can understand if you buy a more perfect copy for upgrading, like rarebucky does. But stockpiling dozens of copies is terrible mental illness.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Dark Sol wrote:But stockpiling dozens of copies is terrible mental illness.

so you are basically pissed off about other people constantly outbidding you on every copy of CT on ebay.

simple solution: try increasing your maximum bid next time. taking into consideration your impressive "i can easily afford anything in the video games world" financial situation, that should not be a big problem.

and its not like CT would sell for fifty bucks, if everyone who already owns a copy would stay out. its one of the most expensive SNES games out there. face it and stop complaining ffs.

Last edited by jim.jupiter on Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next