Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its over... Final Fantasy XIII on 360

+4
striker
Startyde
Pascal
pandaholic
8 posters

Go down

Its over... Final Fantasy XIII on 360 Empty Its over... Final Fantasy XIII on 360

Post by pandaholic Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Good job, you lost it SONY. Omg, just saw the MS conference live and well the way they did it, unbelievable. That Square Enix CEO looked like a scumbag.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Its over... Final Fantasy XIII on 360 Empty Re: Its over... Final Fantasy XIII on 360

Post by Pascal Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:17 pm

no way ... really????? omg!?!
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Its over... Final Fantasy XIII on 360 Empty Re: Its over... Final Fantasy XIII on 360

Post by Startyde Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:19 pm

When you own all systems, all news is good news. Besides, just 24 hours ago, 90 percent of the 360 community would tell you how much JRPGS suck, and now all of a sudden FFXIII is the second coming of Christ. 360 probably has the most annoying and ignorant userbase in gaming history.

But to recap:

MS copied:

Mii's
Eye Toy

and essentially dethrowned any argument that PS3 was the console of movies and not much else.

As far as I'm concerned, the only one who benefitted from the MS conference is PC...who gets Gears 2 in about a year and leaves all this singing / dancing / Wii / movie crap behind.

Last edited by Startyde on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:21 pm

i cant belive how much Microsoft must have payed to get FFXIII, i mean its probably extremely much money. I would love to see how much money they have payed to get PS3 exklusives...

GO KOJIMA!
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:27 pm

yeah I think SONY can not afford an exclusive title when M$ starts to open their bank accounts ... SONY doesn't have the means !
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:38 pm

I don't see what's so terrible about that. It's not like the sony one is going to be any worse now.

But Yes M$ is like a big bully when they open the wallet. They steal everything.

And about the userbase of M$ Xbox, I couldn't agree more. Most ignorant ppl ever.
striker
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:41 pm

Pascal wrote:yeah I think SONY can not afford an exclusive title when M$ starts to open their bank accounts ... SONY doesn't have the means !

They probably can, but maybe not Sony Computer Entertainment, they maybe just need more support (money) from Sony HQ . But i mean this is not everything, but Final Fantasy and Playstation have always gone together, there will be Team ICO, Killzone, God Of War etc. But still, Final Fantasy was one of the main things holding Playstation Kingdom together during PSX and PS2s rule.

But lets just wait till tomorrow and see. Final Fantasy XII remake and were even steven:)
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:45 pm

let me quoute from the Ps3 forum:

Im so disappointed. I dont even Like FF but I realise how big of an impact it will have now that we dont have it as an exclusive anymore. The consequences are huge here. We have let so many good exlusives that we have had for almost a decade go in the past couple years and its unacceptable. These huge exclusives ( FF, GTA , etc.) take generations and generations to build and are irreplaceable and once they are gone, they probably will never come back. I am beyond disapointed with Sony right now. If they show LBP, KILLZONE, or HOME videos tomorrow ill scream. They cant keep showing us the same videos of the same delayed titles over and over and expect us to be excited about the machine. Just brutal.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:48 pm

FF, it has never been sony exclusive.

To refresh everybody's memories, the first ever final fantasy actually came out for the NES. Same w/ all of them up till #7. Same thing with Chrono Trigger. So really, it was Sony that stole the wind out of Nintendo's sails (and really, they didn't do it at all. Nintendo still have the crystal chronicles to themselves, as well as some tactics game on handhelds).

And squaresoft aka square enix, well they are like an expensive whore.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:49 pm

striker wrote:FF, it has never been sony exclusive.

To refresh everybody's memories, the first ever final fantasy actually came out for the NES. Same w/ all of them up till #7. Same thing with Chrono Trigger. So really, it was Sony that stole the wind out of Nintendo's sails (and really, they didn't do it at all. Nintendo still have the crystal chronicles to themselves, as well as some tactics game on handhelds).

it was Sony exclusive during many years...
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:51 pm

only FF7-12 (not including 7, 8 or 11 if you count the PC) are sony exclusives. There are more non-sony FF Titles then there are sony exclusive. I don't know what's the big deal here.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:54 pm

striker wrote:only FF7-12 (not including 7, 8 or 11 if you count the PC) are sony exclusives. There are more non-sony FF Titles then there are sony exclusive. I don't know what's the big deal here.

Yeah but who cares about Final Fantasy 1-5, nobody did back then accept Japan. Seriously Final Fantasy was so big in the western world during Playstation 1 lifetime. You do not know what the big deal here?, are you serious, not a single PS3 fan can not be feel anything else than stabbed in the back.

Of-course we still get FFXIII, but you know how it is, with video-game wars. This is worst than when GTA VI got multi.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Why do you feel stabbed in the back? What are you losing here? You still get to play the game and you can still play it on your PS3. Is it so bad that maybe your neighbour who had a X360 doesn't have to spend 500$ just to play that game too? A true Final Fantasy fan wouldn't care as long as the quality of the game isn't any worse.

I don't get people who are all into these video game "wars". It's plain and simple greed, Scrooge McDuck as Sol would say, to be upset about something not being console exclusive.

Unless you yourself hold a stake w/ sony i.e. you are a shareholder, there is nothing to be upset about. It's suprising yes, but upsetting? hardly.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by blarky Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:13 pm

I would be upset if this were a xbox 360 EXCLUSIVE, but after re-reading this and checking around, it will still be released on the ps3 as well. Whew. I didn't want to go out and buy an xbox 360 just for this one game.

blarky
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 pm

blarky wrote:I would be upset if this were a xbox 360 EXCLUSIVE, but after re-reading this and checking around, it will still be released on the ps3 as well. Whew. I didn't want to go out and buy an xbox 360 just for this one game.

And that is how X360 owners felt about this until now. Isn't it a relief? If it were the other way around, would you like it if X360 fanboys got all mad that you got to play this too?
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles420 Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:59 am

striker wrote:FF, it has never been sony exclusive.

Stop whining. Striker makes a point. FF was originally on the NES and came to Sony. I remember when many good Nintendo franchises were lost to the "bully Sony." The fact that the game is coming to another console changes nothing. It will still be made by the same company and for that be thankful, because the license is still in the hands of its original creators; the people who have made all those great FF games before it. And calling the xbox user base ignorant and annoying is very rude. I enjoy many systems and xbox is one of them. Why such anger Striker and others?
Achilles420
Achilles420
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by violentsnake Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:59 am

I just hope even though it's multi-platform they still fully utilize the PS3's system potential.

The 360 is the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. I have Halo 3 and GOW2 on it, that's it. I have no other choice to play those games as I don't play games on computer. I'm on my 3rd 360 and I barely play it, my PS3's 60gb (x2) have both been used like crazy (one only for blu-ray, but I've watched like 80 movies on it - the other I've played MGS4 to death, as well as 9 other games I own for it) and they both work perfect. Never a problem.

BUT, I'm glad 360 owners get it too. Not everyone can afford all the systems so I'm glad nobody gets left in the cold. Maybe they can put MGS4 on 360 and put it on like 5 discs. 1 disc per episode Smile
violentsnake
violentsnake
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo.Seph Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 am

violentsnake wrote:I just hope even though it's multi-platform they still fully utilize the PS3's system potential.

The 360 is the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. I have Halo 3 and GOW2 on it, that's it. I have no other choice to play those games as I don't play games on computer. I'm on my 3rd 360 and I barely play it, my PS3's 60gb (x2) have both been used like crazy (one only for blu-ray, but I've watched like 80 movies on it - the other I've played MGS4 to death, as well as 9 other games I own for it) and they both work perfect. Never a problem.

BUT, I'm glad 360 owners get it too. Not everyone can afford all the systems so I'm glad nobody gets left in the cold. Maybe they can put MGS4 on 360 and put it on like 5 discs. 1 disc per episode Smile

Its over... Final Fantasy XIII on 360 Sonybluray

Jo.Seph
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:01 am

Is that a shot at sony? LOL!

Why the hate towards xbox360 userbase?

Maybe I should be more specific, I hate ANY game console user that wishes to prove his/her console is the best aka "Fanboys". Startyde took the words out of my mouth, Xbox users were all hating on RPG's like Final Fantasy but now I'm sure they are wet w/ delight. Hypocrites, all of them. Towards the casual xbox gamer I have no beef.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by violentsnake Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 am

I personally don't consider myself a fanboy as every gen I've had a different preferred system by a different company - and I compare them ALL before I make my decision.

Last gen I always chose XBOX for multiplatform games since it had better hardware compared to PS2 even though the PS2 did have a more extensive game library. I *STILL* use my old xbox for emu's and that sucker is still going strong. Before that my PS1 would have to go on an angle to work while my N64 was a workhouse. Mario64/Zelda64 are two of my fav games ever.

This gen Sony won me over. The PS3 blows me away technically (it didn't help I got the red rings of death twice on my xbox) even though xbox undeniably has a larger/more diverse game library. I guess it's reversed from last gen. And I prefer DS over PSP because I prefer the flash cards over the slowwwww as hell UMDs. So I'm all over the place for what I like company wise, I don't care who makes it as long as it's reliable.

My current 360 is as loud as my air conditioner and I can almost guarantee when GOW2 comes out it'll die again.

Unfortunately I love Halo so much heh. If Dead Rising 2 is 360 exclusive my 360 will explode.
violentsnake
violentsnake
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:20 am

violentsnake wrote:I'm on my 3rd 360 and I barely play it

Exactly my case as well. I've sent in my 360 three times, one for RRoD, and two for the little secret that is never brought up, rampant disk read errors that are almost as common. The 360 is the worst designed piece of garbage in gaming, and only a company like MS could get away with it. But to my earlier point of the stupid fanbase, they are so blind with fanboyism they just roll over and take it, essentially making them a community of beaten wives. To top it off, the majority of 360 gamers I've encountered since 2005 are tweens with mics that are under the delusion that face humping corpses in fps are still somehow funny, in between racist and screechy voiced banter of course.

Oh gawd, and will they please shut up about MGS4. Just buy a PS3? Save the money you're spending on Xbox Live for no reason. In fact, show me a 360 that can go through MGS4's cutscenes without RRoDing and then we can begin talking ports.

All in all, maybe it's the fact that I'm getting too old to actually play games in this hobby I owe so love, forgetting that it's core demography are annoying "know it alls" but I still believe it's mostly limited to a system that touts itself as "Halo will killz you, lawlz" and not much else.

So in conclusion:

For the 360 itself: It it actually worked more than 6 months at a time, giving me a chance to play all these games that are semi exclusive to it (nothing is more annoying than good games held hostage by crappy hardware) I might be a happier camper.

For the 360 userbase: If the majority / any of them) got their heads out of the asses and demanded something more from MS than constant hidden chipset revisions that still do not solve rampant hardware failure, I feel something might get done and "consumer confidence" might be part of the equation again.

Foe PS3: It's library is great, backwards compatibility...top notch. Free online, free wireless, free media center, Linux emulation, and I'm reasonably sure it will turn on in two years, unlike other systems that will remain anonymous. What more could I have asked for?
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by violentsnake Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:55 am

Startyde wrote:

Oh gawd, and will they please shut up about MGS4. Just buy a PS3? Save the money you're spending on Xbox Live for no reason. In fact, show me a 360 that can go through MGS4's cutscenes without RRoDing and then we can begin talking ports.

That's what concerns me when they make games on PS3 and 360. If they developed MGS4 for both at the same time it probably would've not been the technical marvel it is. They probably would've been cutting corners to get it on the 360 and then just porting the same thing over to the PS3 instead of also designing it specifically for the ps3 pushing the system to the limits. I mean that 50gb monster on a 360? lol!

If they actually came out with a new 360 with blu-ray and it performed as reliable as the PS3 has for me I'd be ecstatic. I'd buy more 360 games without fear of being able to complete the game before sending the system in for repair. I was up 63-0 on the Browns (as Steelers) in the first half when I kicked off and the system froze killing my first 360 dammit!

I guess I owned the Browns so hard the 360 couldn't handle the complete domination of me systematically picking apart the Browns secondary piece-by-piece. Ok I think I'm straying off topic sorry but man I hate the Browns.
violentsnake
violentsnake
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:41 am

Startyde wrote: To top it off, the majority of 360 gamers I've encountered since 2005 are tweens with mics that are under the delusion that face humping corpses in fps are still somehow funny, in between racist and screechy voiced banter of course.

Yea these damn kids, I can almost see them through the attitude, pimply face, fat, sitting in the basement laughing behind the safety of a computer screen while they shuffle through their bag of potato chips. It's like their sole existence is to piss ppl off. And the racism, stupid remarks, and especially phrases like "ownt, omg, lol" and all of the variations are especially annoying.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by violentsnake Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:45 am

striker wrote:

Yea these damn kids, I can almost see them through the attitude, pimply face, fat, sitting in the basement laughing behind the safety of a computer screen while they shuffle through their bag of potato chips. It's like their sole existence is to piss ppl off. And the racism, stupid remarks, and especially phrases like "ownt, omg, lol" and all of the variations are especially annoying.

Exactly why I *never* play games online. I've never even checked out Metal Gear Online because I know I'm setting myself up to get MASSIVELY irritated.
violentsnake
violentsnake
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down