Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1)

+39
hody
Repason
Casselfornia
dconway321
snesbits
Ostro
masdas87
Frost
raregamergirl
bassman8866
Achilles420
Chdlnbc
yobo
Mike
pooch
MCJD4ever
jim.jupiter
Dude_20
kyzumi
Maximilian
Gemini-Phoenix
sealeddreamcast
bballno1
pandaholic
Sammelhammel
wheelaa
type-r
Jaffar Sholva
greencube22
blarky
Jo.Seph
Startyde
Adol
striker
Sepeh
happyheed
Pascal
rarebucky
Dark Sol
43 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 10 Empty Re: NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1)

Post by rarebucky Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:30 pm

I don't know about that. My FFVII reseal from kenjiasshole wasn't obvious and another forum member here got a resealed FF III from him that also looked very good. He is a professional at this.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 10 Empty Re: NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1)

Post by MCJD4ever Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:34 pm

The guy is VERY good at what he does. Adam I already told you this, but I bought a "factory sealed" FFII SNES from him...when I got it and looked at it, I did look legit on a quick glance. It had the vertical seam (although "off" looking - something about it was just odd) down the back, and the box itself looked new, and the flap on the left side (when looking at the back of the game) didn't appear to have been opened....but upon further inspection..NO VENT HOLES, and slight traces of marker to hide the white line that occurs when you open the flap.

he is VERY good at what he does. I'm glad he was taken down.

MCJD4ever
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by blarky Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:42 pm

MCJD4ever wrote:The guy is VERY good at what he does. Adam I already told you this, but I bought a "factory sealed" FFII SNES from him...when I got it and looked at it, I did look legit on a quick glance. It had the vertical seam (although "off" looking - something about it was just odd) down the back, and the box itself looked new, and the flap on the left side (when looking at the back of the game) didn't appear to have been opened....but upon further inspection..NO VENT HOLES, and slight traces of marker to hide the white line that occurs when you open the flap.

That really sucks, but great observations. I can see how most people would be fooled by this. He may be a professional at doing this, but he was careless and left behind all the necessary clues on ebay by using the same username to buy his supplies.

blarky
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by blarky Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:44 pm

striker wrote:lol, the dude, tacogamer seems like no fool. Look at his feedback, he's been buying tonnes of stuff sealed, from known sellers like tim atwood or rarebucky even.

I would imagine after all that, he would be able to spot a complete reseal from a mint copy that he said he got!

Someone should msg tacogamer and ask him to look at the games a little closer...

blarky

Back to top Go down

Post by MCJD4ever Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:46 pm

I mean, the guy was an idiot, a complete idiot. Not only did he BUY HIS RE-SEALING MATERIALS UNDER THE SAME USER NAME, he didnt even research what these games are worth and was charging the most random prices!

MCJD4ever
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by MCJD4ever Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:47 pm

And I will just add, I am lucky as hell that I got a refund Smile

MCJD4ever
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:48 pm

blarky wrote:
MCJD4ever wrote:The guy is VERY good at what he does. Adam I already told you this, but I bought a "factory sealed" FFII SNES from him...when I got it and looked at it, I did look legit on a quick glance. It had the vertical seam (although "off" looking - something about it was just odd) down the back, and the box itself looked new, and the flap on the left side (when looking at the back of the game) didn't appear to have been opened....but upon further inspection..NO VENT HOLES, and slight traces of marker to hide the white line that occurs when you open the flap.

That really sucks, but great observations. I can see how most people would be fooled by this. He may be a professional at doing this, but he was careless and left behind all the necessary clues on ebay by using the same username to buy his supplies.

But it's unfortunate that not all buyers are as careful as we are and did our detective work.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:56 pm

I just thank my stars this forum even exists. Seriously, the average person 9like me about a year ago) has no idea what to truly look for in a lot of these cases. I'm lucky in that only one or two games I've bought are actual fakes, but it could have been rough. It seems like the problem gets worse with time as the market grows exponentially.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 10 Flag_usa
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:29 pm

I would message tacogamer about this but I feel he would just be troubled by it all....

He thinks it's sealed and that he got true steals, ignorance is bliss I guess
striker
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:47 pm

rarebucky wrote:
striker wrote:I saw this one and I only bet 35$ on it. I know it's probably worth more but I'm not a fan of the game and buying it would have been purely investment (something I don't like to do).

But, this dude, dvd galaxy, he strikes again. I expect to see this for sale from him for 150$ BIN soon.

I don't see how he will make money on it. That is about the going price for that game. It was listed properly too (he usually tries to find poorly listed items to resell). As an aside, I have a copy of this game I will be selling as well...I think...

All I have to say is that I CALLED it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/FATAL-FURY-2-SNES-NINTENDO-NEW-SEALED-ULTRA-RARE_W0QQitemZ200241585724QQihZ010QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:50 pm

Sure but it won't sell. He will keep dropping the price on it until it comes down to $50 or so. That is what he does.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:01 pm

he will have lost money then through all the insertion fees if he lists it enough times for it to go to 50$
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:49 am

I have bought from him many times and all his games are mint. How does he get so lucky and find so many mint games from auctions with no pictures? lol!

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:10 am

i bought a game from dvd galaxy once and it was in dreadful condition, although he did give me a partial refund due to it.

He's a great seller. But I am truly envious of how lucky he is!
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by pooch Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:53 am

The stuff I bought from him are mostly NES games, he found a warehouse somewhere with NOS NES games as he told me that he needs to drive to the warehouse every now and then to restock.

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:19 am

Oh? He told me he get's games brought in from "different" sources like garage sales etc, and that he stores them in his garage, where he admits the damage to my game probably occured.

Either way, some of the deals he finds are just insane. He won a sealed starfox for 2$!
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:57 am

rarebucky wrote:Sure but it won't sell. He will keep dropping the price on it until it comes down to $50 or so. That is what he does.

i doubt that, as he bought it for $46 himself
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260257530871

also check this out:
NES Terminator bought for $19,95 & selling for $199 now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360053080876
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200241617559&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:03 pm

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Just because he bought it for $46 doesn't mean he can sell it for a lot more. It's not worth more than $50. He has sold plenty of games for break-even or sometimes losses.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by MCJD4ever Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:53 pm

it sems that kenjikazama-2486 is back in commission, and they got rid of all those negs that some guy blasted him with...damn. Wonder why eBay is letting him keep on conning people...

I'm just thanking God that I got all my money back, even the shipping costs. Guess it doesn't hurt that I gave him the old "I'm from New York bitch, be scared of me" routine lol!

DO NOT BUY THIS GUY'S SHIT PEOPLE - NO MATTER HOW "AUTHENTIC" IT MAY LOOK, IT'S ALL FAKE

MCJD4ever
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:16 am

Yeah I guess we can expect to see a "factory sealed" version of this soon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150269730842

Along with Mario World, DKC 3 and the others he bought from this guy. He is very careful to buy only very mint looking boxes so it will be easy to fool suckers on ebay. What a BASTARD!!!

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:12 am

the left lower front corner of that CT is actually damaged, so it will be quite easy to spot, he'll probably try to cover it with a black marker or something. notice how he lists most of his stuff in private auctions, so that its impossible to view the items sold on his feedback list

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:35 am

Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 10 Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by blarky Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:38 am

sealed Harvest Moon for SNES, I think this one can be hard to find:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260268148473

blarky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:46 am

i saw one sealed HM for last months. It was very badly listed and obscure. Sold for about 350$ by direct offer. The seller capitulated. Smile
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 10 Flag_russia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:50 am

Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next