Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1)

+39
hody
Repason
Casselfornia
dconway321
snesbits
Ostro
masdas87
Frost
raregamergirl
bassman8866
Achilles420
Chdlnbc
yobo
Mike
pooch
MCJD4ever
jim.jupiter
Dude_20
kyzumi
Maximilian
Gemini-Phoenix
sealeddreamcast
bballno1
pandaholic
Sammelhammel
wheelaa
type-r
Jaffar Sholva
greencube22
blarky
Jo.Seph
Startyde
Adol
striker
Sepeh
happyheed
Pascal
rarebucky
Dark Sol
43 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 12 Empty Re: NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1)

Post by rarebucky Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Yes, no thanks to Dark Sol Sad That really shouldn't have gone for more than $100 but it's the only game I need to complete my PS collection and was also my favorite game growing up.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 12 Empty Re: NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1)

Post by Dark Sol Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:29 pm

rarebucky wrote:

Yes, no thanks to Dark Sol Sad That really shouldn't have gone for more than $100 but it's the only game I need to complete my PS collection and was also my favorite game growing up.
I really really hope you've completed everything you need in your collection. And you will stop buying for fun and overbidding me.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 12 Flag_russia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:48 pm

Pretty close...I don't think there are many Genesis or SMS games I still need. Mostly just a few NES and SNES.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:52 pm

rarebucky wrote:Pretty close...I don't think there are many Genesis or SMS games I still need. Mostly just a few NES and SNES.
So Mr Scrooge gonna retire... Ufff..... finally i can buy something... Laughing
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 12 Flag_russia

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:22 pm

lol you should save your time and don't bid against rarebucky. You will just be wasting your time and his money Smile
striker
striker
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by blarky Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:43 pm

How can you tell if a SMS is factory sealed?

blarky
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:07 pm

blarky wrote:How can you tell if a SMS is factory sealed?
i can tell. i have 40 of them. Very Happy
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by blarky Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:12 pm

Haha ok. It's just mainly out of curiousity; I don't collect SMS games. There are definite ways to tell with nes, snes, etc, but I always thought sealed SMS didn't have unique features which set them apart from reseals.

blarky

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:22 pm

striker wrote:lol you should save your time and don't bid against rarebucky. You will just be wasting your time and his money Smile

I told DS this awhile ago Smile

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:13 pm

rarebucky wrote:
striker wrote:lol you should save your time and don't bid against rarebucky. You will just be wasting your time and his money Smile

I told DS this awhile ago Smile
I will kill you! cussing! cussing! cussing! cussing!
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Adol Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:47 pm

Funny, because when i make a bidwar with him, i generally win.

Adol
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 303
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 12 Flag_france
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:25 pm

Super Mario Bros 1 & 2 Factory Sealed Combo Pack!!! Blisterpack!!

This is a big one (idk if anyone else posted it here but this is really cool)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Mario-Bros-1-2-Factory-Sealed-Combo-Pack_W0QQitemZ250276620430QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 256
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 12 Flag_sweden
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by blarky Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:03 pm

pandaholic wrote:Super Mario Bros 1 & 2 Factory Sealed Combo Pack!!! Blisterpack!!

This is a big one (idk if anyone else posted it here but this is really cool)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Mario-Bros-1-2-Factory-Sealed-Combo-Pack_W0QQitemZ250276620430QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There was another one of these that sold awhile back for approx $700 if I recall. Neat item, I'll be watching it for sure, but not too interested in it since it's the Canadian billingual editions of the games (I think these were only sold in Canada too).

blarky

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:08 am

Adol wrote:Funny, because when i make a bidwar with him, i generally win.

Of course, because you will win against pretty much everyone Smile

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adol Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:46 am

rarebucky wrote:
Adol wrote:Funny, because when i make a bidwar with him, i generally win.

Of course, because you will win against pretty much everyone Smile

Let me even be more specific: about SNES Factory Sealed games, MY FRIEND'S MONEY win. Wink

Adol

Number of posts : 303
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 12 Flag_france
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:12 am

pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 12 Flag_sweden

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:54 am

No one thinks that. Do you see that system selling for $1500? I don't.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Back to top Go down

Post by pandaholic Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:48 am

rarebucky wrote:No one thinks that. Do you see that system selling for $1500? I don't.

The seller tries to imagine it (unless hes just showing of) at least, and no i do not, since there have been the same thing being sold for less than a third.
pandaholic
pandaholic
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini-Phoenix Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:46 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clock-Tower-PS1-PS2-Playstation-Game-New-Sealed_W0QQitemZ390000144030QQihZ026QQcategoryZ3719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Factory Sealed Clock Tower ~ PAL PlayStation ~ £199.99!!!

Thought this was optimistic as a Buy It Now price, but if it sells then that's very good news indeed for me!
Gemini-Phoenix
Gemini-Phoenix

Number of posts : 1175
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 12 Flag_e10
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:18 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zelda-Link-to-the-Past-Super-Nintendo-NEW-SEALED-SNES_W0QQitemZ330257803116QQihZ014QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

careful guys, this looks like a reseal.

It has the vertical seam but it has no vent holes?? And the vertical seam doesn't seem to have the extra flap of shrink wrap where it makes a "T" with the other seam.

I've never seen a SNES sealed game w/ no Vent Holes. Sounds like a smooth reseal to me. I really wonder how resealers do this though.
striker
striker

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:46 am

hmm... opinions? i don't know anything about ventholes, but the seal seams look very smooth and straight. Reseals are more harsh usually. i've planned to try my hand on this one since rarebucky outbidded me on last one. yes!
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:52 am

the Zelda LttP looks authentic ! I think its a legit seal but we all need closer and bigger pictures ...
Pascal
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1594
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 12 Flag_germany
Registration date : 2007-07-29

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:06 pm

I'd say re-seal. Check out this link and read #10 under Guidelines : http://www.digitpress.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-78708.html
What is said in the article is very true, reproducing the vertical seal on Nintendo games is NOT hard at all. I've had a few GB, N64, and SNES games in the past that had the vertical seal (horizontal for gameboy) that was exactly how it should be (with the overlapping slightly curved intersections etc. etc. ) which I opened due to other suspicions ( slight white line crease, no vent holes, etc. ) and they've turned out to be reseals. Because of this I've changed my collecting habits drastically, and won't buy anything unless I'm completely confident that it's not re-sealed. And that means more than just the vertical seal down the back. Vent holes are extremely difficult to reproduce and reproduce correctly like in a factory. One attempt you'll often see when it comes to reproducing vent holes is that one very large vent hole, anyone know what I'm talkin about?......any game with one of those is definitely a re-seal. Also, what I've found to be the best way to know for sure is to refer to others who have the game sealed and compare. I've compared multiples of sealed games before and often times notice a theme (for example: 5 vent holes in a straight line near the N logo for certain n64 games, or on the left side for certain SNES titles) This is the worst thing about collecting Nintendo it's often difficult to know for sure. Anyways, back to the Zelda lttp, the seal on the bottom / top seems too straight too me. Usually there's a sort of wavy zig zag near the corner before the seal ends. And it looks just weird at the end in one of the pictures. Plus there's no vent holes. And no roller marks that I can see. So ya, I'd say save your money. :top:

Mike
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jim.jupiter Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:31 pm

definitely a reseal - the seams are not straight, but wavelike. no overlapping at the vertical seam. shrinkwrap doesnt look authentic to me either.

jim.jupiter
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:20 pm

hmm... as for me it's looks TOO good. Yes it does not have hangtab, yes no ventholes. But the seams are so thin and neat. I wonder how is this possible to fake? All reseals i saw had very wicked rubbish and garbage seals.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next