Sealed Game Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1)

+39
hody
Repason
Casselfornia
dconway321
snesbits
Ostro
masdas87
Frost
raregamergirl
bassman8866
Achilles420
Chdlnbc
yobo
Mike
pooch
MCJD4ever
jim.jupiter
Dude_20
kyzumi
Maximilian
Gemini-Phoenix
sealeddreamcast
bballno1
pandaholic
Sammelhammel
wheelaa
type-r
Jaffar Sholva
greencube22
blarky
Jo.Seph
Startyde
Adol
striker
Sepeh
happyheed
Pascal
rarebucky
Dark Sol
43 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 18 Empty Re: NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1)

Post by greencube22 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:23 pm

http://cgi.ebay.de/GBC-Wario-Land-3-Top-Jump-n-Run-NEU-Mario_W0QQitemZ250283496432QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250283496432

Isn't this a rare game? Don't want it, but i was wondering why it is still for sale after 2 days...
greencube22
greencube22
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 18 Empty Re: NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1)

Post by bballno1 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:26 pm

greencube22 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.de/GBC-Wario-Land-3-Top-Jump-n-Run-NEU-Mario_W0QQitemZ250283496432QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250283496432

Isn't this a rare game? Don't want it, but i was wondering why it is still for sale after 2 days...

yeah that is rare and def worth buying for the price. i saw that ages ago , mustve been relisted, problem is that he only accepts wire bank transfer as payment method and no paypal so i gave it a miss
bballno1
bballno1
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 398
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 18 Flag_e10
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Last edited by yobo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

yobo
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 710
Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 18 Flag_usa
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:51 pm

Last edited by yobo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

yobo

Country : NEW and interesting SEALED stuff you spotted on ebay post here! (part1) - Page 18 Flag_usa

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:12 pm

yobo wrote:
striker wrote:there was nothing wrong with either of them. Someone saved themselves 500$ because of a scuffed corner.

Why did you not buy it then if you are the only one who thinks it is legit? You could of saved YOURSELF $500!

I have a 12K tuition to pay else I woulda been all over it. Crying or Very sad

both games were legit, ok metroid I don't know I don't collect NES but CT was fine. It's natural of collectors to put down other games, makes the one they have seem more valuable and they feel better about it if they paid too much for it.
striker
striker

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by blarky Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:37 pm

I just didn't see enough evidence to give me warm fuzzies that they were 100% unequivacally legit. The might have been. I just don't know. Better pictures would have helped a lot. But nothing compares to having it in hand.

BTW I paid a fraction of those prices for those games, so the logic that I'm "put[ting] down" his games because I felt I overpaid doesn't make sense. I don't so much mind that they are expensive. No denying that it's great to see my games go up in value over the years. But to me that also reinforces the idea that they are rare and/or still highly sought after, which makes collecting them even more enjoyable.

blarky
Complete in box, good condition
Complete in box, good condition

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:50 pm

Last edited by yobo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:59 pm

And I don't think that a collector would necessarily put down other games that they see for sale which they allready have becuase they still would want even the worse condition copies to sell for more and after all, a 1/10 condition sealed CT is still a sealed CT Wink

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:15 pm

Last edited by yobo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:37 pm

there is no plastic sticking out 10cm on any sides. That picture does show a scuffed corner but that's all that's wrong with it.

And I already said if I had 500$ I would have bought it but sadly I don't have infinite money like a lot of people on here seem to.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:44 am

We will agree to disagree then cheers!

Our standards and eye sight are far different!

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:48 am

Standards I can settle with, but 10CM? A SNES Box is about 10CM in length. You would have to put it in a ziploc bag to have 10cm loose shrink wrap. Did you mean MM (millimeters)?
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:51 am

striker wrote:I don't have infinite money like a lot of people on here seem to.

Now now, we're all peasants at heart buddy, drifting along in the same boat.
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:54 am

Last edited by yobo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:03 am

I have a lot of SNES games w/ excess plastic. This doesn't even mean they are in bad condition. The ends of the top/bottom seams are always loose on SNES games. If it's too tight that's indicative of a reseal.

Also, when it comes to the vertical seam, resealed copies have very thin vertical seams, and are rarely straight, and are often not perfectly in the middle of the box. This one was nice and thick and straight as an arrow and also dead center.

But as rarebucky said before, when it comes to high $$$ games like CT, even the smallest flaw can HEAVILY bring down the value of a game, which is what happened here.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:30 am

Last edited by yobo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:47 am; edited 4 times in total

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Startyde Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:59 am

Educational!
Startyde
Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:31 am

what you've shown is a series of pics:

Mint Condition sealed with HIGH QUALITY PICS

Non-Mint Condition sealed with LOW QUALITY PICS

you can't tell roller marks or vent holes from those crappy pics alone. (but I agree if those 2 are absent it is indeed resealed). Loose shrink wrap proves nothing other than the game is not in mint condition. And the overlap where the T is formed also proves nothing. Some games have a crazy amount of overlap there while others have close to none.

The guy was dumb, he marketed it very poorly. But I still believe it was legit.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:36 am

Last edited by yobo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:40 am

here we have a chrono trigger finished for over 1200$++

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110255420585&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

I don't see roller marks and I don't see ventholes. The shrink wrap is also wavy at the edges.

Yet nobody cried reseal when they saw this one. I wonder why...

Maybe if this one finished for 1200$ you would admit it was true sealed.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:44 am

Last edited by yobo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:48 am

lol ventholes are only on the front (unless I've been blind, I'll check when I go home), plus even if this was a venthole, it's in a different spot than the other 2000$ CT, and you said that they all should be in the same spot right?

All that aside, did the same guy win both of these chrono triggers? Lord_Gervasius??? What a rich guy
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:50 am

Last edited by yobo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by yobo Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:35 am

Last edited by yobo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

yobo

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebucky Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:03 am

LOL - you guys are both right and wrong about this stuff. My "expert" opinion is that this game was a reseal because I personally have not seen a sealed CT that had a T seam like that. HOWEVER, there are factory sealed games that have clean T seams with no overlap (Street Fighter Alpha 2 being one of them), so that doesn't mean anything in and of itself. Also, ventholes aren't location specific - they sometimes can be on front, on back, or in many cases on both front and back. So in the end you're both right and you should both be happy no one here won that reseal Smile

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next